2010 Washington Huskies

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by TotalDoubt, Oct 17, 2009.

1. TotalDoubt

TotalDoubt Guest

2010 Washington Huskies

[​IMG]

Provo, Utah - Associated Press

The Washington Huskies opened up the 2010 season with a win over the Cougars from Brigham Young, 30-29. The Huskies got off to a fast start going up 23-14 at halftime, but the Cougars would not go away quietly. The Cougars outscored the Huskies 15-7, but neither team could light the scoreboard in the 4th quarter as the Huskies defense stepped up late. When asked about his team's performance, Coach TotalDoubt had this to say: "I think our guys played pretty well. Well enough to win this game. Certainly not well enough to win games down the stretch of the season. Our offense was dead on at times, and sputtered at times. Our defense was either shut down or giving up huge plays. I think we have alot of work to do on both sides of the ball to get to where I think we need to be to be competitive."

Leaders for the Huskies were as follows:
    Offense
    Jake Locker - 21/37 for 340 yards 2TD 2INT
    Chris Polk - 36car 155 yards 1TD
    Anthony Boyles - 11rec 172 yards 1TD

Defensive
    Everrette Thompson - 10TKL 2TFL
    Steven Garcia - 5TKL 2TFL 2Sacks

The Huskies host Syracuse next week.

2. TotalDoubt

TotalDoubt Guest

[​IMG] VS. [​IMG]

Seattle, Washington - Associated Press
    As the Huskies prepare for their week 2 game against Syracuse, Coach TotalDoubt has been getting his team back to the basics.

"I think we need to do a better job of taking care of the football. We had 4 turnovers against BYU and were fortunate enough to still come away with a win. I just think our guys need to get back to the basics and I think we're going to pound that into their heads this week during practice. I think Jake did a good job of picking apart the defense and keeping the offense moving and clicking, but we need him to do more. He made a few wrong reads that could have been costly."

Senior quarterback Jake Locker was 21 for 37 with 340 yards and 2 touchdowns and 2 interceptions. He's looking to add to those totals, except for the interceptions.

"I need to do a better job of making the proper reads and breaking down the defense. At times, it was easy, while other times, it was a nightmare. I don't want to go all Tim Teblowish and cry and moan, but I will work as hard as I possibly can to lead this team to a Pac-10 championship and hopefully a national title game."

[​IMG]
    Jake Locker looks to lead his team to a Pac-10 Championship

3. TotalDoubt

TotalDoubt Guest

[​IMG]
    Huskies Win Home Opener​

The Washington Huskies won their season opener against Syracuse. Sophmore running back Chris Polk had another big game for the Huskies rushing for 173 yards on 35 carries and scoring 4 touchdowns. Other bright spots for the Huskies were their two true freshman linebackers, Steven Garcia and Mark Brown. Garcia had 8 tackles, 4 for loss, along with 2 sacks. Brown had 8 tackles, 4 for loss, 3 sacks, 1 interception and 1 forced fumble. Syracuse went up early in the first quarter 14-7, but the Huskies stepped it up on both sides of the ball. Senior quarterback Jake Locker once again looked brilliant at times and sloppy at others going 19/38 for 337 yards and 3 touchdowns and 3 interceptions. Coach TotalDoubt had this to say about Locker and the way his team played:

"I think Jake is doing a fine job this year. Alot of it has to do with teams gearing up and preparing for him this year. He's the clear cut leader of this team, and will remain so until his playing days at Washington are over. We're going to be reviewing alot of film this week. Alot. He's gotta make better reads and deliver the ball. He's trying so hard to be perfect on every play and we need to do a better job as coaches to calm him down. As far as Chris Polk goes, he's shaping up to be one of the best players I've ever coached. He's still a young kid and has alot to learn, but I think he'll do just fine. We've put alot on him this year. He's had 71 carries so far in two games. I don't wanna avoid giving him the ball because he's a difference maker, but I don't want defenses to start putting 8 or 9 guys in the box and keying on him. Our defense played sloppy in the first quarter. We gave up some big plays and looked horrible. I think our young guys are exceeding everyone's expectations. Garcia and Brown have stepped right in and have done an amazing job. I think they will be a force to be reckoned with for years to come."

[​IMG]
    The Huskies put pressure on the Syracuse QB all day. Here's Mark Brown's interception on the screen pass.

[​IMG]
    One of Jake Locker's 3 touchdowns on the day. This one to TE Kevario Middleton

4. TotalDoubt

TotalDoubt Guest

[​IMG]

The Washington Huskies have moved to 3-0 on the season after defeating the #12 Nebraska Cornhuskers 42-21. The Cornhuskers got off to a fast start going up 14-0 early in the first quarter. The Huskies fought back in the second quarter to make it a 21-21 game at the half. In the second half it was all Huskies. The Huskies rolled the Huskers 21-0 in the second half as the Washington defense once again stepped up big. The big story of the day is Washington running back Chris Polk. Polk, who is just a redshirt sophmore, has been turning heads all season. Saturday was no exception. The shifty back ran for a school record 349 yards on 39 carries and 3 touchdowns. He had 4 runs that went for 20 yards or more. He also caught 2 passes for 21 yards. Speaking of the passing game, Jake Locker once again had a very inconsistent game. He was 17/40 for 236 yards, 3 touchdowns, and 4 interceptions. Leading the way on defense was Kalani Aldrick with 8 tackles, 3 for loss, and 2 sacks. Nate Williams also had a big game intercepting the Huskers QB 3 times. In total, the Huskies defense had 4 sacks and 5 interceptions. Next up for the undefeated Huskies is a visit from the Trojans from USC. Can the Huskies make it two in a row against top 15 opponents?

5. TotalDoubt

TotalDoubt Guest

[​IMG]

Up To Date Stats​

Passing
    Jake Locker - 57 completions, 115 attempts, 49%, 913 yards, 8 touchdowns, 9 interceptions, 304.3 yards per game.

Rushing
    Chris Polk - 110 carries, 677 yards, 8 touchdowns, 6.1 yards per carry, 225.6 yards per game.

Receiving
    Anthony Boyles - 16 receptions, 284 yards, 1 touchdown
    Kavario Middleton - 12 receptions, 216 yards, 3 touchdowns
    Deandre Goodwin - 9 receptions, 120 yards, 2 touchdowns
    Jermaine Kearse - 7 receptions, 84 yards, 1 touchdown
    Devin Aguilar - 6 receptions, 117 yards

Defense
    David Batts - 22 tackles, 1 tackle for loss, 1 interception
    Kalani Aldrick - 22 tackles, 8 tackles for loss, 4 sacks, 1 forced fumble
    Mark Brown - 20 tackles, 6 tackles for loss, 3 sacks, 1 interception, 1 forced fumble
    Everrette Thompson - 19 tackles, 5 tackles for loss, 1 sack, 2 fumble recoveries, 1 touchdown
    Steven Garcia - 15 tackles, 6 tackles for loss, 4 sacks
    Matt Mosley - 14 tackles, 3 interceptions
    Mason Foster - 13 tackles, 3 tackles for loss, 1 sack
    Nate Williams - 12 tackles, 3 interceptions
    Alameda Ta Amu - 11 tackles, 2 tackles for loss, 2 sacks
    Quinton Richardson - 10 tackles, 2 interceptions

6. TotalDoubt

TotalDoubt Guest

[​IMG]
    Washington Atheletic Department - Seattle, Washington

Coach TotalDoubt: How are you guys doin? Um, I just wanna start out by saying that Jake Locker will be our starting QB against USC. Fire away, folks.

Deuce Loosely, Washington Post: Hey Coach, what are your thoughts about Jake Locker's inconsistent play?

Coach TotalDoubt: Next question.

Barry McCockiner, Seattle Slander: Coach, did you think you would have to rely so heavily on Chris Polk this year?

Coach TotalDoubt: Honestly, no. I thought we would be passing a little more and having more success than we have been. I think we're putting alot on his shoulders and he's responding very, very well.

Deuce Loosely, Washington Post: Hey Coach, what are your thoughts about Jake Locker's inconsistent play?

Coach TotalDoubt: Next question.

Erin Andrews, ESPN: Coach, congratulations on starting off your season 3-0. How do you think your team matches up against USC?

Coach TotalDoubt: Thanks, Erin. I think we match up pretty well. We're going to be digging a little deeper into the film this week to make sure we're fully prepared. They are ranked that high for a reason. This will be our chance to show the country what we're made of. I think we've been flying under the radar this year and haven't really caught anyone's eye. Maybe next week we can change that. Speaking of film, Erin, nice tits, dollface. You guys have a good day.