2010 Week 1

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, Jul 19, 2010.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

2010 Week 1

2010 Week 1

Next advance deadline is:
    No Later Than Wed 7/21, 10pm PST

No User games week 1 so we should be able to knock this one out quickly.

Weekly Polls
    Column 1 Column 2
    1 Alabama
    3 Texas
    7 Virginia Tech
    9 Nebraska
    14 Miami
    15 Oklahoma
    21 Florida State

ESPN Headlines

Gameday

#5 Boise State at #7 Virginia Tech

A big game with National Championship implications right off the back for the Hokies and Broncos. Can Virginia Tech contain the explosive offense from Boise or will the Broncos show they are for real?

#8 TCU at #1 Alabama

Another BCS conference team is challenged by the elite of the mid majors as the Horn Frogs travel to Bama to take on the Tide. Heisman winner Mark Ingram returns for his senior season and looks to get the ball rolling for another run at the Heisman and National Title.

Player of the Week

NA

Heisman Watch
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Player Pos Team
    Mark Ingram RB Alabama
    Case Keenum QB Houston
    Kellen Moore QB Boise State
    Terrelle Pryor QB Ohio State
    Jake Locker QB Washington

Sliders have been tweaked. I went off some at OS and the one's Mors had. Give me some feedback on how you guys like them.

Gameplanning - Everything is game to start, but please make sure you are using things situationally (that means don't turn DL to aggressive all game). We will make adjustments as the need arises.

Run/Pass Commit - See Gameplanning.

Formation Substitutions - Like the depth chart, you need to make these prior to your games. Your opponent should not have to wait for you to do them prior to kickoff. Also, use common sense when using formation subs (ie - don't put WR's at TE).

Playbooks - In season 1 you will have one opportunity to change your offensive and/or defensive playbook, which must be done by week 7 if you are going to change. Starting with season 2, you must pick a playbook and stick with it for the entire year, regardless of injuries. The lesson - choose wisely.

2. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

and right on cue, I get the RROD. I'll get it taken care of asap

3. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Kentucky Wildcat football stories will be hosted by Jayrah in a weekly Dynasty Hub online edition, as The Blue & White Official Kentucky football blog. Week 1 is up, and the game should be played tomorrow night, after the coaches make calls for the first week of recruiting.

Drew a tough matchup with #25 Houston for week 1, but should match up pretty well from a team perspective, as my secondary is probably the strength of my Defense. We'll see how many numbers Keenum puts up.

4. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

HOLY FUCKING SHIT, I just played, the most frustratingly exciting game EVER against Notre Dame.

Won the game with 17 seconds left 50-48. I'll have a write up of it on Dynasty Wire sometime today/tomorrow.

5. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

Player of the Week

Ingram is only a Junior, but it won't matter as he will leave after this season.

How is Ingram not a favorite?

6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

How did you like/dislike the sliders?

7. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

He is, I just messed up the school :)

8. Jerzey5

Jerzey5 Walk On

Game seems a little high scoring, no? do the sliders need to be tweaked or did it go into OT?

9. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Va Tech- 49
    Boise St- 32

The Hokies passed their first big test of the season with an impressive ground game, a mistake free aerial attack, big plays, and turnovers. This game was close for the most part, but the Hokies capitalized on 3 Bronco turnovers. I am not sure if momentum is a factor or not but when it rained it poured for Va Tech. I couldn't get any pressure on Boise St early on, but then Kellen Moore gets knocked out of the game and the Bronco offense was non exsistent and my pass rush found some life. I was getting 2-5yds per carry early on until I hit a couple big runs in the second half. And I had big play after big play. 79yd TD rec by Boykin, 79yd TD run by Taylor, 45yd and 22yd TD run by Williams.

As far as sliders, I think they are about right. I know it will be hard to find the "perfect" slider, but I don't see anything too out of the ordinary after 1 game. Like I said it was a tale of 2 halves. First half I was nickle and diming my way down the field and had to play really smart and the second half I finally hit some big plays. Boise was moving the ball easily, but had key turnovers that stalled their drives and went Kellen went down the second half they had NO offense. One suggestion would be to maybe try 7 min qtrs, 8 might be a bit long. I ran 60 plays, but 46 were run, so the clock was moving.

10. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

We can always tweaked these sliders as needed. Just keep the feedback coming.

I wasnt sure about the quarters either...we can bumped them done if every game seems to have way too many plays ran.

11. Jerzey5

Jerzey5 Walk On

well the average amount of plays in an NFL game is 125, so I'm not sure if college is the same but we should work off that and try to get a realistic number - the scores of the games so far are kind of alarming...i know it's a small sample, but I guess we will all keep an eye on it as the week advances

12. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

The amount of minutes are perfect, believe me. A NCAA game averages anywhere from 125 to 150 plays a game (between the two teams) depending on the speed of the teams' offenses.

The reason why my game had 149 plays (75 for me and 74 for Notre Dame) is because we both ran a lot of no huddle (just like Notre Dame and Iowa State will be doing this season). I mean, hell, I threw for 665 yards on 36 of 62 passing between my two QBs, but I didn't because I wanted to, I HAD to. Notre Dame FORCED me to spread the field and throw the ball. They refused to allow me to run the ball (and I sure as hell tried too but after well timed screens going for 5 yards once and then getting eaten alive the next time, I said screw it).

I mean, Notre Dame threw for 408 yards on 31/38 passing (I mean, Crist (aka Jesus H Christ in the flesh) had 1 incomplete pass before I knocked him out of the game) as well and would have thrown for me if I didn't give them a short field on some of their scoring drives.

Overall, I REALLY REALLY like the sliders. That game was HARD and had the full swing of emotions. One minute I was cursing up a storm when my dumb ass QB threw TWO incomplete passes over the head of a WIDE OPEN receiver in the endzone because of the pressure on him and then the next minute was cheering because I scored the game winning TD on 4th down.

I mean, sure, the 4th quarter had a lot of big plays and included 51 points scored, but there was TWICE that I had them on the ropes, scoring at will, then I'd turn the ball over or allow a big run up the middle that gave them life again to extend their lead that much more.

13. NoleNBlue

NoleNBlue Walk On

Oregon State-21
    Georgia-59

Washaun Ealey had 4 TD runs, all over 60 yards in a game that was really good in the first half. My defense stepped up in the second half though. Full write up in my thread.

14. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

I recommend changing our sliders to these:

http://www.traditionfootball.com/forums/showpost.php?p=242071&postcount=154

Shaun always comes up with GREAT hard to win against the CPU sliders. Might make games like mine happen less often since it looks like we are going to end up blowing out the CPU a lot with good teams.

Take special notice of the 35 speed threshold. Supposedly going to make running the ball with spread teams easier (right now, it's basically impossible to run the ball out of shotgun at all).

15. Jerzey5

Jerzey5 Walk On

I'm all for trying to find the most realistic and challenging sliders possible because it seems right now that there is either too much time in the games or the offensive sliders aren't tweaked down enough. I mean i love offense and high scoring games just as much as the next guy, but come on lol..

49-32
    50-48
    59-21

16. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

The thing is, all of those scores are legit. Sure, me throwing for 665 yards isn't exactly realistic (though it was with two different QBs) but the number of plays is spot on for two teams that run the no huddle offense quite a bit.

Heck, even with the number of attempts I had (62) the yards per attempt was only 10.7 (very much right around what it should be for passing teams in the game).

I can't tell you how many times I threw the ball to an open receiver only for it to go sailing over his head or land at his feet because of pressure or just plain because my QBs suck donkey nuts.

I mean, games are going to be like the one I played. It is certainly going to happen and I don't see any way of it not happening, especially when passing teams spread the CPU out, throw the ball, and run no huddle offense.

17. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

There haven't even been a few games played and so far everyone that HAS played says the sliders seem fine. Lets play a few games before we jump the gun to changing sliders, unless someone has experianced the "perfect" sliders already in another dynasty.....

18. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

That was the point i was going to bring up...thanks Hokie. Lets at least get everyone to play there first game and go from there. We can check out the Experience and see how they like there sliders while we continue with ours.

19. Jerzey5

Jerzey5 Walk On

Yeah I'm sorry guys - I kind of judged quickly. I just finished my game and the sliders are solid as long as you dont run a rushed hurry up offense all game. Oregon is no joke though and I just got handed my first loss of the season at home, lol

20. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

So if the sliders are about right (and they are about what I'm using in my private Dynasty and loving it), then maybe 7 minute qtrs (which I have been using) would yield a better total in yards and points on average. Sure the plays are about right, but 4 extra minutes in any video game is a long time. It's half of another qtr to score, and even if it feels good, big plays are probably 4 to 5 more than a normal football game (on avererage with the same amount). However, I will play my game later on tonight and see what I think of the extra time. So at this point, it's just a thought.

21. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

WEEK 1: TCU(7) @ Alabama(28)

1st quarter

Richardson(Hip Pointer) Out for game
    4:22 - TD BAMA(FB Marrow, 1 yd run): 7-0 BAMA
    2:26 – TCU fumbled on WR screen recovered by Chapman at TCU 48

2nd Quarter

7:57 – TD BAMA (HB Ingram, 3 yd run) 14-0 BAMA
    6:01 – TD BAMA (WR Gibson, 62 yd pass from McElroy) 21-0 BAMA
    3:15 – TCU Turnover on Downs on BAMA 29
    0:02 – TCU missed FG

3rd Quarter

6:28 – TCU TD (Luttrell, INT return) 21-7 BAMA
    McElroy injured for 1 qtr
    4:51 – TCU missed FG
    2:17 – BAMA mised FG

4th Quarter

0:47 – BAMA TD (HB Ingram, 15 yd run) 28-7 BAMA

The Alabama offense went stagnant in the second half, when they tried throwing some more with a decent lead. Aside from receivers being extremely wide open on a handful of plays(9-15, 190 yd, 1 TD), no one could shake the CB's. But passing wasn't necessary for Alabama to get a win here.

Offensive P.O.G – Mark Ingram (25 carries, 159 yd, 6.3 avg., 2 TD's)
    Defensive P.O.G. - LE Luther Davis ( 4 TKL, 2 TFL, 2.0 Sacks)

22. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

I think bringing quarters to 7 min. would really help. I think 99% of all the dynasties last year were run at 7 min. I could not get open to save my life except my TE's. Maybe it's just me. I thought TCU developed a pass rush way too easily.

I also think that just looking at the plays is misleading. Players break away much more than in real life and all yards per run and yard per pass are up. We try to play sim, but it will just never be exactly like real NCAA football.

23. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

#15 Oklahoma 38 3OT
    #18 Penn State 33

Landry Jones did just enough to help his Sooners take care of the Nittany Lions in 3 OTs. Jones went 18-31 while throwing 4 pics and 2 TDs (both of which came after the 3rd quarter).

DT Adrian Taylor was named POTG amassing 10 tack; 7 solo, 3 atk, 3 tfl and 2 sacks.

That was my first league game period. f'n A I'm wore out.

24. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

The issue is 7 minute quarters doesn't give correct stats at all.

7 minute quarters, you're lucky to get 110 plays in, and that's with hurry up offenses.

If you run the ball at all, you're going to get like 85 or 90 plays total, which is going to make everyone's defenses' in the top 10 cause you're going to have long sustained drives and the CPU is going to have diddly fuck.

25. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

See?

I'd say that's one hell of a game. I bet the swing of emotions for that game were awesome.