2010 Week 1

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Shaun Mason, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    2010 Week 1

Guys, we are a go on the new season.

Please post your scores here. Also, a recruiting recap when you sign and a summary of your game would be great in the appropriate spot.

A note on schedules:
    The initial computer generated schedules didn't have everyone with balanced user games. Two of the Big 12 teams didn't have 3 user games, so I gave myself and Sweetness 4 games.

Sweetness got "picked" on because I knew he wouldn't mind the other game. He had requested either myself or Michigan, but instead got Nebraska.

I took a game with Texas Tech in week three to give him another user game...hopefully he doesn't beat my pants off when we play.:)

Anyway, have fun and play a good season. Notes on this:
    1. I should NOT see any defensive backs with tons of sacks. We had a guy have 20+ sacks with his defensive backs last year. I don't know how you do it, but it is cheese, so stop.

2. Please be courteous to each other when playing user games.
    3. As a word of advice, play your backups. When you don't you lose a TON of guys to transfers...it happened to a couple teams last year.

Shaun

2. Sweetness

Sweetness Banned

User games are great shaun.

I appreciate it you gave me extra. Don't beat yourself up.

By the way

BEST FOR HEISMAN

3. dub

dub Banned

Blow out win over Hawai'i

Final score was 76-14

Could've been worst, not only did I start chewing the clock midway through the 3rd qtr, but Hawai'i's last offensive play was a fumble inside their 20. My DE scooped it up and had a walk TD, I ran out of bounds (and I think got a Good Sportsmanship Achievement for it.)

Anyway

Came out aggressive, mixed up the pass and the run. My offensive line was just a beast, the holes were HUGE.. Gable just took advantage, as a matter of fact, all three of my RB's ran for over 100 yards, the first time I've ever done that. Passing game was on point, but that's given because their the new head coach likes to spread.

But that defense..loving it

It did help that I played a one dimensional team. So I played Dime all game. But everyone on my dline is 90+ and my corners are superb, they recovered nicely.

So this is what it's like to play with an A+ team..huh

4. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

#19 Texas A&M - 34

Arkansas - 21

Recap is where it usually is

5. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Penn State vs. Kent State
    W44-14

6. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    WTF

I just finished a great battle against LSU in a downpour at DeathValley and now I cannot get past the EA Sports Servers are unavailable error. WTF. I'm gonna give it a few minutes and see what happens. If I have to I'll play again but damn it was exciting.

7. Sweetness

Sweetness Banned

I outlasted Auburn 41-38. they are fraking good. They took Best out for the game at the 3rd q, but Vereen did great. 4 rushing touchdowns total. i got 1 4* recruit to sign and a 3 star to sigh by hitting the wrong button, lol.

8. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Atleast is was realistic. Auburn is good this year!!(y)

9. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Nebraska dominates WKU in a tune-up game at Memorial. Couldnt get the offense going at first, gave up 2 FR for TD lol. Write-up coming soon.
    Edit: Nebraska Plays Cal not Michigan

10. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Ohio State rails Marshall 64-24.

Pryor goes off for 200 yards rushing and 150 yards passing.

Defense finally gets going in the second half, I think I hurt 3 players for 9+ weeks.

11. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Michigan loses in near monsoon condition to #11 LSU by the score of 27 - 14.

12. stylez777

stylez777 Guest

Wisconsin Pitches a shutout for their new head coach 35-0 over #21 ranked Utah. Write up was done in game summary section

13. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Oregon squeaks out a victory at home, 38-24. Game details to follow in summary section.

14. danielm025

danielm025 "Wreck 'em Tech!"

Texas Tech starts slow but finishes big against SMU at home, 49-10. Follow up in the summary section.

15. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Stanford - 37
    San Jose State - 17

Luck flexes his muscles and shows why the Stanford offense can be trouble for teams not expecting it - 25 of 33 for 357 yards and 3 TDs.

It was Stanford's game to lose from the very beginning, including two failed 4th down conversions on the San Jose State side of the field (one inside the redzone).

New offensive coordinator Coach Mors had this to say about the offensive game:

"It was [expletive deleted] great to see the guys go out there and do what they did the first game of the season. These are one [expletive deleted] of a great bunch of kids and for them to come out at the beginning of the season like they did really makes me proud. Now we just gotta keep it going each game and we'll be good to go."