2010 Week 12

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, Sep 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

2010 Week 12

2010 Week 12

Deadlines for completing games are:
    For User Games - No Later Than Thursday 9/30, 10pm PST
    For CPU Games - No Later Than Wednesday 9/29, 10pm PST

3 user games this week. Again, another reminder. If you have a CPU game, get it done within 48 hours or risk the chance of it getting simmed. Thats exactly what happened to Oklahoma and it cost them a shot at the NC game.

Baylor (4-7) at #11 Oklahoma (9-1)
    Last week, the Bears won 14-13 vs. Texas A&M (3-7)
    In recruiting news, the following Baylor targets announced their decisions:
    DT Maurice Spencer Bay
    ATH Tim Brooks Bay
    ATH Claude Hancock Bay
    DE Drew Lamb Bay

Texas A&M (3-7) at Nebraska (6-4)
    Last week, the Aggies lost 14-13 at Baylor (4-7)
    In recruiting news, the following Texas A&M targets announced their decisions:
    HB Johnny McCloud TAMU

Iowa (6-4) at #4 Ohio State (9-1)
    Last week, the Hawkeyes won 27-14 at Northwestern (6-4)
    In recruiting news, the following Iowa targets announced their decisions:
    C David Bryan UNM

#19 Arizona (7-3)has a bye week
    Last week, the Wildcats lost 48-42 vs. USC (8-1)
    In recruiting news, the following Arizona targets announced their decisions:
    HB Johnny McCloud TAMU
    HB B.J. Williams Ariz
    G Lynn Kemp SMU
    C David Bryan UNM
    G Parker Williams ASU

UCLA (5-5)has a bye week
    Last week, the Bruins won 33-23 at Washington (4-6)
    In recruiting news, there were no commitments by UCLA targets.

#11 Oklahoma (9-1) vs Baylor (4-7)
    Last week, the Sooners lost 45-27 vs. Texas Tech (7-3)
    In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma targets announced their decisions:
    WR Adrian Jones USC

#6 Oregon (9-1)has a bye week
    Last week, the Ducks won 44-13 at Cal (4-6)
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets announced their decisions:
    T Erik Mobley Oreg
    SS Josh Johnson Oreg

#5 Texas (9-1) at Notre Dame (4-6)
    Last week, the Longhorns won 48-7 vs. Oklahoma State (8-2)
    In recruiting news, there were no commitments by Texas targets.

#17 Michigan (8-2) at #7 Wisconsin (8-2)
    Last week, the Wolverines won 41-10 at Purdue (6-4)
    In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets announced their decisions:
    WR Jakari Adams Mich
    WR Adrian Jones USC

#4 Ohio State (9-1) vs Iowa (6-4)
    Last week, the Buckeyes won 41-14 vs. Penn State (3-7)
    In recruiting news, there were no commitments by Ohio State targets.

#3 USC (8-1) vs #22 Oregon State (7-2)
    Last week, the Trojans won 48-42 at Arizona (7-3)
    In recruiting news, the following USC targets announced their decisions:
    WR Adrian Jones USC

#7 Wisconsin (8-2) vs #17 Michigan (8-2)
    Last week, the Badgers won 38-21 vs. Indiana (6-4)
    In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets announced their decisions:
    CB Jason Brown Wisc
    HB Reggie Inman Wisc

2. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

Its ncaa 11, and it still sucks to be ou

3. DreSmithJr

DreSmithJr It Be So EMPTY, WITHOUT ME...

aww man he caught the sim loss on the early advance.. SMH...

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Not early, read the rules. 48 hours for CPU games, 72 for user games. If the user games are done in 48 hours, we advance. I sent him a couple of messages last night, even gave him 2 extra hours. I didnt want to do it but I gotta stick to the rules. Had he posted something letting us know he wouldnt be around than I would have definately held up the advance.

5. DreSmithJr

*checks thread* o shit!! Lol I always do my games early so I never paid attention to that note. *fist pump* USC at #3 lol

6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Its real easy...if you cant get the CPU game in during the first 48 hours, just post and let me know. I'll give you the extra 24 hours. If you dont post than I dont know. All I know is Envy was online at some point Sunday so he knew we advanced and thats all I can off of.

7. DreSmithJr

Ey i agree totally lol. Just sucks more cuz of his situation with NC HOPES. he may be able to get back with a big 12 ship tho

8. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

If there are 2 deadlines, you should really post 2 deadlines. Otherwise saying,

is very misleading.

9. EnvyZero

EnvyZero Walk On

I was busy. I looked at the deadline and saw

Next advance deadline is:
    No Later Than Tuesday 9/28, 10pm PST

10. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Its in the rules. I'll state the 2 deadlines from now on.

11. uscsux

uscsux Walk On

Ya I agree the deadline is very misleading. I too believe I have been a victim of a sim game because I saw the deadline was "x" and then we advanced before "x" date.

12. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Morale of this story...dont wait until the last minute to play your CPU games. Both deadlines will be posted from now on.

13. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

logically,

does not really mean anything to anyone but the commissioner( which makes its purpose and meaning very vague). Its a deadline for advancement not a deadline for getting your games in. The only person that adhears to an advancement deadline is the commissioner.

I think when ppl interpt the deadline, they assume (because it is posted to them) the deadline is relavent to them and make some incorrect assumption that the "commissioners advancement deadline" and the "play there games by" deadline are the same.

We should have "play games by deadlines" not "advancement deadlines".

14. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Good point whw. I went ahead reworded that as well.

I feel like I just drove one of our better players away and feel really bad about it now. I was angry at first but the more I think about it, I should have just waited. Again, sorry guys but I do hope this clears up this issue a bit more regarding deadlines and advancing.

15. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

So Envy quit because of this?

Its pretty standard around here, even if there's a 72 hour advance, if everyone is done early you better communicate if you need that full 72. I don't know any commish who wants to screw his guys and give them sim losses. At the same time, its our job to communicate with the league whats up. The answer is simple.........just post up and communicate.

16. DreSmithJr

i agree thats what i wasnt upset after understand the situation with the commish decision.

what made this big was the NC hopes.

if he is 7-2 or worse it doesnt matter, and there is no further discussion.

17. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Exactly...this is why I was torn last night on whether to let him slide or not. We'll move on and I will post both deadlines from now on.

18. omega41

omega41 Walk On

Let me add that when I joined I read the rules and you clearly stated that in 48 hours if all user games are done you will advance so all cpu games need to played early otherwise it would be simmed. I don't see how anyone could misunderstand that. I checked backed this morning and that was there clear as day and the last time it was edited at that time was September 23 so I put 100% fault on the user.

I used to be a commish back during the NFL 2k days and I know the emotional roller coaster that you go thru because you want to be stern because once you let something slide you will always get that thrown back into your face and you will in essence be blackmailed into 'breaking' your own rules.But you even have some leeway built in. If the user didn't come to you and say I need more time or I know that it is a 48 hour but blah blah blah then you would have postponed because you have given us an out even in the rules because stuff happens and we all have real lives outside of this.

So don't feel bad you did the right thing. Don't second guess what you did just learn and press on. The user really is more pissed at himself than he is you because I would be pissed also but it would only be my fault as it is written in the gameplay rule sticky.

19. DreSmithJr

(y)

20. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Alright, lets move onto why we are all here. Remember to post some game summaries! Here is mine......

BYE WEEK :)

21. DreSmithJr

recchem u shud lock this thread and make a new 1.. too much filler and banter in here for game results IMO

22. dakota7

X2

23. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

I am of course interested in improving the league in the future, whats done is done and its time to move on, but this load of crap really gets my goat. I read the rules a month ago when the league started, but after a month of seeing the deadline posted every week, I had completely forgotten that there is a clause in the rules that overrides the listed deadline. I have never been in a league were the deadline was not the actual deadline. So I CAN see how someone can misunderstand the rules.

His leaving the league is a separate issue. This league is suppose to provide enjoyment. If the amount of stress and dissatisfaction you get playing in the league outweighs your amount of enjoyment, the sensible thing to do is leave. We all get different levels of enjoyment from playing, his was apparently not high enough to continue playing.

I am pleased things will be more clear in the future to avoid this from reoccurring, but hanging this miscommunication 100% on user is garbage.

24. dakota7

I respectfully disagree. This was not the first week that Recc has said, "Get your CPU games in asap, we're not waiting for them." I was the last person done last week, everyone was done within 24 hours of the advance, including the user/user matchup. I made sure that I posted up early on day 2's morning that I would be playing sometime during the day. Its not tough. A little communication is all it takes. Envy is an adult. If a sim loss makes him quit, I say "don't let the door hit you in the ass." What are we? Grade schoolers? Suck it up and do a better job of communicating with the league. Sorry, its just how I feel. In these leagues, you get out of it what you put in.

25. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Lets move on...better communication on both ends would have solved this issue. Done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.