2010 Week 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, Jul 20, 2010.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

2010 Week 2

2010 Week 2

Next advance deadline is:
    No Later Than Thursday 7/22, 10pm PST

4 User games this week.

Weekly Polls
    Column 1 Column 2
    1 Alabama
    2 Texas
    4 Virginia Tech
    5 Nebraska
    8 Miami
    12 Oklahoma
    15 Florida State
    20 Georgia
    21 Auburn

ESPN Headlines

Gameday

Player of the Week

RB Washaun Ealey Georgia
    8 CAR, 315 yards, 4 TD

Heisman Watch
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Player Pos Team
    Mark Ingram RB Alabama
    Case Keenum QB Houston
    Kellen Moore QB Boise State
    Terrelle Pryor QB Ohio State
    Jake Locker QB Washington

2. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Jayrah, when are you available man? I should be around most of the day today and tomorrow. Might go see a movie later tonight or tomorrow but other then that, I should be around.

3. NoleNBlue

NoleNBlue Walk On

#20 Georgia-56
    South Carolina-31

Stephen Garcia ate my defense for lunch, going 28-45 for 417 yds and 4 TD's. Of that, 358 yds and 3 TD's were in the first half, while my defense couldn't force a single punt. I was down 24-21 at the half but I scored on the opening drive and picked Garcia's first pass attempt of the second half and never looked back.

Washaun Ealey had another huge day with 19 rushes for 254 yds and 4 TD's, one of which came on a 2nd and 2 from my own 34. South Carolina had all 11 in the box and Ealey went untouched 76 yards for the score, thank you slide protect

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I think we need to check Ealey for Performance Enhancing Drugs! The guy is off to a record setting start!

5. NoleNBlue

NoleNBlue Walk On

i even split carries between him and caleb king to avoid getting him hurt. he has breakaway speed and great acceleration, which is key this year.

6. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Game scheduling thread

7. Jayrah

We should start an investigation. Until he is cleared maybe the ncaa should suspend him. :D I mean, that's a Jim Brown day. Just can't be tackled. I thought Locke was gonna go for 200+ after his first two carries equaled 77 yds in week one, but then he got SHUT down the rest of the day. Hoping for big things today vs Mors and Iowa St

8. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Bama 41
    OU 7

This was my first user game and it showed. I'm still living in NCAA 10. I threw the ball around and played the pass first.

It really pisses me off when I see DBs, the $.05 back at that, run the routes ahead of the receivers, especially one of the best WRs in the game Ryan Broyles.
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/24576792
    that happened over and over but I think momentum had something to do with it at that point.

as a side note, Broyles has yet to get a catch this season.

and it pisses me off when I have a wide open slot and a LB in the box who is covering him and the slot is running a go route and the LB is not only able to get his big ass back to cover the streaking WR but is able to pick it off. Why can't I make that throw?
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/24576974

gg Shortbus. I'll try to do better next time.

9. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

DCD, do you think its a slider issue or a game issue with the coverage?

On a side note, I get to take my lumps next week vs Bama!

10. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

Auburn 27
    Miss. St 20

Auburn struggled yet again offensively but finds a way to win again. hopefully the offense will show up for Clemson or it could be a long game next week.

11. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

It's a game issue but I bet it could be fixed with sliders eventually.

Watch out for Ingram!

12. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

I thought sliders were only in effect in cpu games. user vs user games it is the default setting.

13. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

You know what I think you are right Hokie. If thats the case, passing in user games is going to be a bitch if my game from the Trifecta last night was indication!

14. Jayrah

I couldn't catch a darn pass and Mors couldn't throw one on target today. He came away 26-21. Long game man. I went up 21-3 in the early stages of the second after a 15 play opening drive that at up 6+ minutes. He kicked a field goal and couldn't move the ball. Then I turned momentum around with a screen pass that got picked by an LB. He scored under a minute to go in both halves to pull it off. Full game summary in the Summary thread within a half an hour.

15. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Was one hell of a game man. Up for a rematch next season at your place?

(y)

I don't know about the lag I'm getting though. My internet connection is pretty shitty compared to the one I had at my old apartment (15-25 down and 3 up compared to 3 down and .7 up now) so if it continues this crap, I may have to forgo playing ODs cause the lag can be quite a bit to handle, especially trying to throw the ball. This is the third game that I've played user vs user where I have moderate to horrible lag and they have no lag at all so it's obviously my shitty connection.

16. Jayrah

If you get the lag figured out. I'd be honored to play a rematch. Tough loss, but really good game. 5 fumbles later! :(

17. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

EA servers are sucking tonight so they wont let me advance the dynasty to week 3. I'll keep trying periodicly tonight and hope for the best.

18. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

After much deliberation and testing with my internet connection, I think it's best I bow out of playing ODs altogether until I can either move or get a better internet connection (both of which aren't likely to happen anytime soon).

It's just unbearable how bad the lag gets when I attempt to play people online. I'm really sorry guys. I didn't think this would be an issue, but, for whatever reason that I can't seem to put my finger on, it's something that I can't seem to fix with the connection that I have.

If Jayrah wants to play against the CPU, by all means, throw out the game results for the game we played. No fair for him to take that loss with me no longer being apart of the dynasty.

Thanks Recchem for giving me a chance man and I'm sorry to just drop like this, but I don't think I have any other choice.

19. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Sorry to hear you are leavin but I understand. If you get your connection figured out, let me know.

On a side note, the servers are still not letting me advance the league for whatever reason. I may try one more time tonight and go from there.

20. Jayrah

No need for a replay on that. I don't deserve a win. Had it, lost it, blew it. I'll just come back in week 3.

Side note: I'm moving over the weekend. Don't know when we're getting internet at new place. Hopefully they'll install it asap and it won't be an issue. I'll let you know more later today on that. May have to auto pilot a couple weeks. Thankfully no user games, but after akron I will almost certainly be destroyed by Florida and Ole Miss if I don't play myself. yikes

21. Jayrah

Replacement for Mors?

22. Hokie Effect

Yeah good luck finding an Iowa St coach......

23. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Are you voluntering :cool:

24. Hokie Effect

I think you we both know how long that would last.....

25. Jayrah

Would it have to be ISU? Could be someone else in the division. Could always wait till season 2 as well.