2010 Week 5

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, Sep 11, 2010.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

2010 Week 5

2010 Week 5

Next advance deadline is:
    No Later Than Monday 9/13, 10pm PST

1 User game and its a big one...Texas v. Oklahoma...need I say more?

For the guys playing the CPU, please post some feedback on the game play. This was my first game with the new patch and I found it extremely difficult to run the ball. So let me know your thoughts.

Welcome to Week 5!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #20 Arizona Wildcats (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Arizona won 31-24 against Cal (1-3).
    This week, the Wildcats are idle.

=============== #5 Oklahoma Sooners (4-0) ===============
    Last week, Oklahoma won 42-28 against Wisconsin (3-1).
    This week, the Sooners will host #2 Texas (4-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RG Mike Wilson has committed to Oklahoma

=============== Baylor Bears (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Baylor won 35-24 against Rice (0-4).
    This week, the Bears will host Kansas (1-3).

=============== #24 Michigan Wolverines (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Michigan won 34-33 against Boise State (1-2).
    This week, the Wolverines travel to Bloomington to face the Indiana Hoosiers (3-0).

=============== Texas A&M Aggies (1-2) ===============
    Last week the Aggies were idle.
    This week, the Aggies travel to Stillwater to face the Oklahoma State Cowboys (3-0).

=============== #7 Ohio State Buckeyes (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Ohio State won 52-0 against Eastern Michigan (0-4).
    This week, the Buckeyes travel to Champaign to face the Illinois Fighting Illini (2-1).

=============== #3 Oregon Ducks (4-0) ===============
    Last week, Oregon won 34-10 against Arizona State (2-2).
    This week, the Ducks will host Stanford (2-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) C Gary Jenkins has committed to Oregon

=============== #2 Texas Longhorns (4-0) ===============
    Last week, Texas won 38-7 against UCLA (3-1).
    This week, the Longhorns travel to Dallas to face the #5 Oklahoma Sooners (4-0).

=============== Penn State Nittany Lions (2-2) ===============
    Last week, Penn State lost 45-31 against Temple (4-0).
    This week, the Nittany Lions travel to Iowa City to face the #15 Iowa Hawkeyes (3-1).

=============== UCLA Bruins (3-1) ===============
    Last week, UCLA lost 38-7 against Texas (4-0).
    This week, the Bruins will host Washington State (2-1).
    In recruiting news, the following UCLA targets have announced their decisions:

=============== #10 USC Trojans (2-1) ===============
    Last week the Trojans were idle.
    This week, the Trojans will host #18 Washington (3-0).
    In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:

=============== #9 Wisconsin Badgers (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Wisconsin lost 42-28 against Oklahoma (4-0).
    This week, the Badgers travel to East Lansing to face the Michigan State Spartans (3-1).

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

WSU - 21
    UCLA -14

I blame this on you Jayrah :) Just didnt play well, couldnt run the ball and threw a late pick inside the WSU 10 yardline with under a minute to play. Bad, bad, bad.

And Jay, will stop following Game Day around waving that damn flag!!!!

3. mboda

mboda Walk On

Ohio State 28
    Illinois 9

With Saine hurt, Herron and Berry picked up the load and beat Illinois. My defense was solid also.

Pryor is not as good as i thought he would be this year. He cant throw downfield for shit.

4. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Last week, post patch, I had defensive tackles in the backfield, getting to my HB at the same time as the ball.....a lot. More than half the time.

5. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Mine too. I don't think i even broke even on the ground last week

6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

OK, we may need to make some adjustments after this week to the sliders. I noticed it too.

7. DreSmithJr

DreSmithJr It Be So EMPTY, WITHOUT ME...

USC 41
    WASHINGTON 10

JAKE LOCKER BEING THE "BEST QB" (n) IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL MEANT NOTHING TO THE TROJANS WHEN HE CAME TO SOCAL. MATT BARKLEY OUTPLAYED LOCKER AND THE TROJAN DEFENSE PUT A CONDOM ON BEFORE THEY ____ LOCKER ALL DAY LOL.

PS:

I CAN RUN THE BALL.. NOT SUPER EASY THO. BUT I CAN RUN.

8. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

After the first loss of the season and worst defensive performance, the defense stepped up in a huge way to open conference play with a W. The Badgers picked off Sparty QB Cousins three times, with MLB St Clair returning one 54 yards for a pick 6. Cousins was under distress all day, as most of his passes were off target. The game was basically over at the half with the score being 28-0. The only time Michigan St scored was when the 2nd team D was in late in the fourth. With the D playing so well, the offense typically started with good field position. It also helped that HB Clay came off the injured list, rushing for 72 yards and one score. Heisman candidate WR Toon only had 4 catches, but turned them into 97 yards and 2 scores, solidifying his case for Heisman supremacy. Next week is a rivalry game vs Minnesota with a shot to go 2-0 in conference.

9. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

I can run that ball against bad teams like Texas tech (or washington) where my OL is much much better than the Dline. I tried the sliders against good computer controlled teams (like USC or Oklahoma). The DT frequently blow up running plays in the backfield ( I will probably abandon the run in those games ). I don't anticipate being able to run on Good computer controlled teams... with texas.

this of course only applies to cpu games.

Might not be as bad as I think it is. I don't think I play any good cpu teams so it probably will not effect me.

10. uscsux

uscsux Walk On

@ recchem2000 you could have had trouble running the ball because you are playing as UCLA :)

I hope you didn't go to the game tonight. We are just awful this year. Looks like its going to be ANOTHER rebuilding season :/

I will try to get my game in tomorrow.

11. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

Wisconsin has one of the top o-lines in the nation, and going up against Mich St, my HB, a 92 ovr, could only gain 72 yards. There was at least 3 times the DT would simultaneously shed a block and blow up my run play in the backfield. I think it needs to be tinkered with, maybe 5 to 10 points at the most.

12. dakota7

I'm playing tomorrow during the day. I'm at work today.

Recc.....I think we have a game week 6. You want to play Monday night?

13. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

I have a problem on the run as well. I almost think we might need to bump line blocking or rb ability for user. Has anyone had the cpu play well with the run? I kinda feel like It's turned into a pass crazy festival. Maybe if I didn't abandon it so early. It's a tough feel right now though. The cpu isn't rushing well though, and I'm not rushing well, so the games are turning into passing happy games, leading to higher scoring games. IDK

14. DreSmithJr

[​IMG]

its hard... but its doable

i like it

if its easier.. then user rushers will = top in ncaa i bet.

15. Jayrah

Tex AM 20
    OK St 34

I was getting back into the freakin game until right at the beginning of the 4th, my punt returner fumbled and it got run in to put me down 3 scores. Gosh dang it. I had just scored a touchdown to pull to 11, and got a 3 and out. Then the fumble. Full write up tonight

16. Jayrah

Yeah I don't want that. It's probably me abandoning the run more than anything. I do have some good runs. I do think the cpu should be bumped up 5 blocking though. I don't give up any yards on the ground at all. At halftime last game like 24 runs for 31 yards or something like that for the cpu.

17. DreSmithJr

yeah like last game i avg 4.2 yards are the ground. ill take that any game.

18. dakota7

Its not that it needs to be easier. It needs to be more realistic.Top NCAA rbs average closer to 6 ypc IRL, not 4 ypc like the NFL. Dlineman from Wash St or ASU don't blow up half the running plays in the backfield.

Adjusting the user blocking by 5 or 10 will do the trick.

19. DreSmithJr

i see ur point. but thats normally cuz they break a big run or go crazy vs lesser competition. if backs avg that every carry then there wud be no need to pass.

20. dakota7

Yeah, absolutely. If every HB got 6ypc, who would pass? Other than Mike Leach, lol.

Seriously, the big runs against the lesser teams IS what drives those numbers up over 6ypc. I consider USC or Oregon against Wash St or ASU to be some of those games against lesser teams. I mean, Mexi can't run with freakin Wisconsin against ASU. Wisconsin's rushing attack in this game is crazy good. Might be the best....maybe Bama is better, but its close.

21. DreSmithJr

i see you point dakota.. upping it a few points wouldnt hurt at all. im down for w/e.

22. EnvyZero

EnvyZero Walk On

Oklahoma 35 - Texas 34

Oklahoma wins another nail biter!

Both teams offenses really came alive in the 4th quarter. Trading scores. Oklahoma is able to complete a long pass to big Dejaun Miller to set up the go ahead touchdown. At this point a few yards from the end zone, Oklahoma's coach made an almost fatal mistake with clock management as he did not realize Texas had used all of their timeouts and he could have run the clock down to kick a game winning field goal. Oklahoma has to go for 2 pts to make it a 7 point lead and gets the 2pt conversion.

Texas goes to their 2 minute drill offense and gets into the end zone for the potential game tying touch down with 30 seconds remaining. Coach Whygod decides to go for the win RIGHT NOW rather than go to overtime. They go for 2 with a run play and get stuffed. Oklahoma is ahead 35 - 34.

Texas kicks an onsides kick and RECOVERS IT.

They make 2 passes down field and throw the ball away with 4 seconds left on the clock. They come out in field goal formation and Oklahoma uses their last timeout to ice the kicker.

The Texas kicker misses the 58 yard field goal short and Oklahoma comes away with the win.

23. uscsux

uscsux Walk On

Wow that game would have been a great one to watch!

24. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

True...UCLA sucks but they couldnt block WSU in this game???

And yes I went to the game. Worst game I've seen in 3 years being a season ticket holder. Plus my car broke down about 30 minutes from home. Didnt get home until 2am!!!

25. Jayrah

Yes, but there is no 'big run' available. I think it'd be a great bump up for User block because a better run game means I will stay balanced more often. I love a balanced attack and think most coaches love a balanced attack. The passing numbers (including attempts and early down passing) are too high because I can't run enough. I don't know, it's tricky because if you bump it up it feels as if it will add 200 yards to your total, and bump points up 14+ a game. But the fact is, adding a balanced running game would take more time off the clock, and make it easier to throw short passes and be more methodical about drives.

I would just like to balance my run game in with my passing, even though it may look like I want more offense, but that's not the case. As some of you have said, some of these DT's and DE's have no business blowing up 3/4 of the run plays in the back field. And I really don't care if I gain 6 yards a carry, I just want to be able to run downhill, instead of being stuffed for negative yards in a constant fashion. If I get stuffed I want it to be because the other D-line is just better than me. I want to know that I got worked by a better line. But I want to have the prospect of having a great running day.

By the way, IF it's a fear of too powerful offense, and the cpu pass coverage ratings have to be increased to slow us down and balance that way as well, I say do it now.