2010 Week 6

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, Sep 13, 2010.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

2010 Week 6

2010 Week 6

Next advance deadline is:
    No Later Than Wednesday 9/15, 10pm PST

No user games so lets shoot for a 48 hour advance. If anyone has an issue with that, just let me know. We also have another opening in the Big 10 as Michigan had to leave us. I have a PM out to a guy right now but if you have anyone in mind let me know. zklendi is also back as Purdue as ZCar left us after only a couple of days due to a new job.

Welcome to Week 6!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #19 Arizona Wildcats (3-1) ===============
    Last week the Wildcats were idle.
    This week, the Wildcats will host #11 Oregon State (4-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Arizona targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) WR Ted Fields has committed to Texas A&M
    - (***) DT Brady Nelson has committed to Cal
    - (***) MLB Jared Hardy has committed to Cal

=============== #2 Oklahoma Sooners (5-0) ===============
    Last week, Oklahoma won 35-34 against Texas (4-1).
    This week, the Sooners are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) MLB John Goodman has committed to LSU
    - (****) C Derek Mayes has committed to LSU

=============== Baylor Bears (3-2) ===============
    Last week, Baylor lost 34-27 against Kansas (2-3).
    This week, the Bears will host Texas Tech (3-1).

=============== Texas A&M Aggies (1-3) ===============
    Last week, Texas A&M lost 34-20 against Oklahoma State (4-0).
    This week, the Aggies travel to Fayetteville to face the #15 Arkansas Razorbacks (3-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Texas A&M targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) WR Ted Fields has committed to Texas A&M

=============== #6 Ohio State Buckeyes (4-1) ===============
    Last week, Ohio State won 28-9 against Illinois (2-2).
    This week, the Buckeyes will host Indiana (4-0).

=============== #3 Oregon Ducks (5-0) ===============
    Last week, Oregon won 34-31 against Stanford (2-3).
    This week, the Ducks travel to Pullman to face the Washington State Cougars (3-1).

=============== #8 Texas Longhorns (4-1) ===============
    Last week, Texas lost 35-34 against Oklahoma (5-0).
    This week, the Longhorns are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Texas targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) C Derek Mayes has committed to LSU
    - (****) LG Andy Jones has committed to Texas
    - (****) LOLB Trey Flanagan has committed to Texas

=============== Purdue Boilermakers (3-1) ===============
    Last week the Boilermakers were idle.
    This week, the Boilermakers travel to Evanston to face the Northwestern Wildcats (4-1).

=============== UCLA Bruins (3-2) ===============
    Last week, UCLA lost 21-14 against Washington State (3-1).
    This week, the Bruins travel to Berkeley to face the Cal Golden Bears (1-3).
    In recruiting news, the following UCLA targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) MLB Jared Hardy has committed to Cal
    - (**) FB Martin Lynch has committed to Cal
    - (***) DT Brady Nelson has committed to Cal

=============== #10 USC Trojans (3-1) ===============
    Last week, USC won 41-10 against Washington (3-1).
    This week, the Trojans will host Stanford (2-3).
    In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) FS Barrett Dennis has committed to USC
    - (***) HB Kawika Peterson has committed to USC

=============== #9 Wisconsin Badgers (4-1) ===============
    Last week, Wisconsin won 38-7 against Michigan State (3-2).
    This week, the Badgers will host Minnesota (2-3).

2. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Recc, did you fix the sliders?

3. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I bumped the user run block up from 30 to 40, but thats it. Guys, let me know how it feels and if we need to adjust anything else.

4. DreSmithJr

DreSmithJr It Be So EMPTY, WITHOUT ME...

dillion baxter ran all over Stanford.. it was a BREEZE

5. DreSmithJr

DreSmithJr It Be So EMPTY, WITHOUT ME...

....::Week 6 USC vs Stanford (PAC-10) FOE::.....

[​IMG]
    "USC unleashes True Freshmen BAXTER, no LUCK needed"

[​IMG]
    Freshmen Baxter Celebrates after 3rd TD score

"Coach Smith had been satisfied... but not AMAZED with his running game so far this season.. so to SHAKE THINGS UP he decided he wud give the Freshmen Dillion Baxter a chance to show his stuff. and just like that a STAR WAS BORN. The Stanford Cardinals were obviously gearing towards stopping MATT BARKLEY and the TROJAN PASSING attack and Dillion was able to capitalize on the soft zone defense he saw.. rushing for 153 yards and 3TDs in his debut. (y) When met after the game Baxter said "I was just happy for the oppurtunity that Coach Smith gave me, and i wanna thank my offensive line for the wonderful job they did out there." Coach was asked multiple times if Baxter had cemented his spot as the number 1 guy after that performance.. he responded vaguely only stating "if you ask me we now have 4 RBs that can HURT a defense... ill take that any day"
    The defense showed up as well, forcing a fumble early to lock the game up in the 1st half.

[​IMG]

And when Andrew Luck thought he had a chance to get the Cardinals back into the game.. coming up and a game sealing interception as well

[​IMG]

6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

This last patch really messed up my sliders. I did find running the ball easier with just the 10 point bump to the user run block. But now, my pass defense couldnt cover anyone. The AI was stupid. I played Cal last night and it was an offensive expolsion. I have all the stats and will post up a summary later today but I think I may need to start from scratch on these sliders. Kind of pisses me off as I really liked the sliders I had going into the start of this thing. Stupid patch!

7. dakota7

Lol, I agree. I just finished my game with Washington State and their true soph QB, 78 ovr with 55 awr just torched my defense. He was 14/17 for over 200 yards in the first half. It seemed as if my db's were able to cover right up until the receiver made a cut, then it was like they were lost trying to find him. "which way did he go, which way did he go". It was pretty frustrating.

Oregon 31
    Wazzu 27

The Cougars got out to a 20-0 lead in this game before the Ducks decided to take things a little more seriously. Two missed field goals and a failed 4th down and 1 inside Wazzu's 5 yardline by the Ducks really kept Washington State in this one. Masoli threw for 316, ran for 22 and 3 total tds. James ran for 95, but only a 3.7 ypc average and 1td.

8. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

In the Battle for Paul Bunyan's Axe, it was a complete domination for the Wisconsin Badgers. Offensively, Clay had his best game of the year, going for 135 yards and 4 TD's. Heisman candidate Toon didn't have any scores, but did have 5 catches for 163 yards that set up Clay down near the goal line. On D, the Badgers had 2 sacks and forced 3 fumbles and 1 INT. The only score giving up was when the Gophers returned their own fumble on a kickoff to Wisconsin's 20. It was a good performance setting up for the game of the year against Ohio St, which will likely determine the winner of the Big 10.

#9 Wisconsin 41 - Minnesota 7

I felt that the sliders kept the game pretty sim. I was able to run the ball, yet not break it every single time. There was once where the DT broke up the run in the backfield, but it was on a stretch play so he prob just got in between the C and G. There may be a post on the forum of someone who did some sliders after this new patch you can prob check that out.

Also, I want to rant on how TCU is ranked 2 spots ahead of me? I beat them soundly week one, have only lost to the #2 ranked team in the nation, and they still want to put TCU at #7. Damn even the rankings are messed up here...

9. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Just from reading so far this week. It seems 10 pts may have been just barely too high for blocking. But I'll play tonight and see how it feels before making my final vote on that I guess. What the heck is up with the coverage deal? I'm not liking the post patches now. They are messing with the sliders everytime we get them perfect. lol WTH

10. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

I am on a bye :(

11. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

2010 Week 6
    UCLA - 51
    California - 63​

Berkeley, CA – On a day that both defenses decided to have a picnic instead of playing some football, the Cal Bears defeated the UCLA Bruins 63-51 Saturday in front of a full house at Memorial Stadium. The loss is the 3rd in row for the Bruins as there struggles continue.

Big plays were the order of the day for the Bears, as they racked up 693 yards on just 58 plays! HB Shane Vereen had over 200 yards on the ground and scored twice while QB Kevin Riley put up 439 yards through the air, finding the endzone 6 times against a lost UCLA secondary.

On the UCLA side, QB Kevin Prince was pulled early in the 2nd quarter after a dismal first quarter in which the Bruins fell behind 35-0. Behind back up QB Richard Brehaut, the Bruins would make a game of it, running off 24 unanswered points, making the halftime score 35-24.

But, the Bruin defense could not force a stop to get them any closer. Over 1300 yards of offense and over 100 points combined on the day. Both defensive coordinators should be looking in the help wanted adds Sunday!

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    1 2 3 4 F
    UCLA 0 24 14 13 51
    Cal 21 14 21 7 63

Team Stats
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    UCLA Cal
    First Downs 23 14
    Total Yards 622 693
    Rushes-Yards-TD 23-125-2 34-254-3
    Comp-Att-TD 28-55-5 19-24-6
    Passing Yards 497 439
    Turnovers 2 2
    Fum 0 2
    Int 2 0
    T.O.P. 17:13 14:47

Passing
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    Name Rating Comp Att Yards TD Int
    Richard Brehaut, UCLA 179.0 24 42 437 5 1
    Kevin Riley, Cal 315.3 19 24 439 6 0

Rushing
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5
    Name Att Yards Avg TD
    Johnathan Franklin, UCLA 12 150 12.5 2
    Shane Vereen, Cal 25 222 8.8 2

Receiving
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5
    Name Rec Yds Avg Td
    Nelson Rosario, WR, UCLA 7 148 21.1 1
    Alex Lagemann, WR, Cal 5 166 33.2 3

Defense
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7 Column 8
    Name Tks TFL SK Int FF FR TD
    Akeem Ayers, OLB, UCLA 8 3 0 0 1 0 0
    Sean Cattouse, FS, Cal 7 0 0 2 0 0 0

12. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Dakota, what your sliders like over at CTL? Any issues like we are having?

13. dakota7

Lol, I had a user game last advance and a bye this week....so I havent used them yet.

I have the same set that T1 is using.