2010 WSU Cougars

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Masler, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

2010 WSU Cougars

Washington State upsets #18 TCU​

The Cougars have a tough first game on the road as they square off against the #18 TCU Horned Frogs. WSU are heavy underdogs.

WSU wins the toss and defers. TCU on 4th and goal gets the first TD of the game. WSU answers with a strong running game and gets 7 of their own. On the following drive TCU comes up short on 3rd down and is forced to punt. Another great drive as WSU goes up 14-7. Freshman runningback Ashley gets his first TD of his college career. End of the first.

The Cougars defense once again holds TCU, forcing another punt. Unfortunately so does TCU. It just seems to be a revolving door of punts as WSU forces another. Bad field position proves dangerous as the HB fumbles and TCU recovers for a TD. 14-14. Two more 3 and outs for both teams. Freshman HB Ashley scores another TD on the run. 21-14. On 3rd and long TCU scores easily. 21-21. Completely amazing as HB Ashley scores his 3rd rushing TD. 28-21. But TCU just won't give up and takes the kick back to the house. Tied at 28 into the half.

Cougars get the ball first. After a defensive 3rd quarter score is still 28-28.

Cougars finally break the tie as Ashley runs in another after Karstetter catches an 83 yd pass. 35-28. TCU answers after a couple of drives, but misses the PAT. 35-34. WSU just sits on it to preserve the win.

Here's the radio announcer: "TCU had just scored, they can tie it with the PAT...it's up..aaand NO GOOD. WASHINGTON STATE HAS UPSET THE TCU HORNEDFROGS!! I can't believe it!!"

Coach Masler commented afterwards "I got to say I got a little nervous when they scored again, but after missing the point after I knew we had won. We stuck to the plan and came away with a win. I was glad to see my top two recruits (Ashley and Allen) had a good opening game."

The 1-0 Cougars host Coach Dakota and the Colorado Buffalos next week.
    Box Score

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    Team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final
    WSU 14 14 0 7 35
    TCU 7 21 0 6 34

Notable Stats

M. Lobbestael 12/24, 252 yds

C. Ashley 28 Att, 122 yds, 4 TD

J. Karstetter 5 Rec, 168 yds

J. Luapo 8 Tack, 5 TFL, 2 Sack

M. Allen 8 Tack

No videos were uploaded as the game would not let me save them..idk.

2. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

NICE! Big win. So is Champ our starter? what about Montgomery??

3. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Well done Masler! Congrats on the big win.

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

Montgomery got some decent yards but then he started getting shut down. So I decided to see what Champ had...4 TDs later...

5. Masler

Masler Moderator

Colorado 38
    WSU 28

This game was neck and neck up until the 4th quarter. Game tied at 28, WSU had just had a great stop on defense, not allowing one pass to be completed on the drive, only to have the punt returner fumble the ball and give up a TD. The Cougars could never recover, what could have been the game tying drive instead was a turnover on downs. Open receiver but the pocket collapsed. They held Colorado to 3 for the remainder of the game.

GG Dakota.

The 1-1 Cougars travel to an extremely hostile Autzen Zoo next week to open up Pac-10 play against the Ducks.

Box Score

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    Team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final
    CU 7 7 14 10 38
    WSU 7 7 14 0 28

Lobbestael had a great game 20/27, 332 yds, 3 TD. Freshman HB Ashley didn't see alot of action until the 2nd half where he took a screen to the house.

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

The Cougars take on the Bruins of Cal this Saturday, looking for another big upset.

Cal and Best start off with a strong rush game and score on their opening drive. 0-7. A stupid fumble ends WSU's drive and sets up a Cal score. 0-14. Both offenses see 3 and outs. End of first.

Another touchdown by unstoppable Best. 0-21. Immediately after WSU throws a pick after the idiot WR couldn't make the catch and tipped it right to the CB. Best rips apart the defense once again. 0-28. This pass rush is really starting to piss me off as my line can't block anyone. And what do you know, big surprise Best does it again. 0-35. And if things couldn't get worse, the SAME WR tips it to the CB for a pick 6. 0-42.

Second half was simmed as there was no possible hope for a comeback. Final score was 55-3. Something needs to be done about Pass Block or something.

7. Masler

Masler Moderator

Wildcats vs Cougars. This cat fight should be a good one.

Arizona starts off ok, scoring a TD on the usual CPU BS as the QB is sacked yet throws a TD. 0-7. Cougars fight back and score on the feet of Ashley. 7-7. Arizona cheeses and throws to their HB 4 times before Tim Tebow wannabee runs for the 1st and goal. Next play is a TD. 14-7. I really don't like that stupid wildcat noise they have when they score. WSU fails to score back and go down 7-21.

Another bullshit turnover...receivers are suddenly catching nothing. 7-27. Offensive line cannot block at all. Sacks left and right. My defense can't stop ANYTHING. 7-34. Comeback is doubtful. Another hit on the pass gives up a pick 6. This game is retarded, some days I want to snap NCAA in half. 7-41. What looks like a good drive is halted by a fumble, figures. Arizona drives easily down the field and gets 3 more. 7-44 at the half.

After a touchdown pass gets dropped when he was wide open I simmed the 4th quarter. WSU loses 7-61. I have to say I felt cheated on this game. Normally I don't, but seriously I got sacked way too much and their offense was just perfect on whatever they did. Receivers wide open, catching on conservative, and yet they drop everything. Arizona had 611 yards on offense, rediculous. EA made the AI horrible, computer still going for it on 4th down when up 30+ points? BS.

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

The Cougars fight the Trojans in Week 7 in a tough Pac 10 matchup.

USC gets the ball first and attempts a passing attack but goes three and out. Washington State takes the punt back for good field position and a few plays later score on the pass to the rarely thrown to fullback. 7-0. Another three and out for the Trojans. Same for the Cougars. USC comes out running this time and finds the endzone on a long run by Tyler. 7-7. Washington St comes out strong with their own running game but a penalty halts the drive and they are forced to punt. A rediculous roughing the passer call (qb threw as he got hit) gives USC great field position and Tyler brings it in again. 7-14. And the woes of WSU start again. Just as I said..next play..pick 6. 7-21. Another INT and another USC scoring drive. 7-28.

WSU finally gets a break and finds the endzone. 14-28. Nothing new as USC shreds the defense for another score. 14-35. On fourth down and 2 yards to go on the 30 WSU has no choice but to go for it, they get the conversion and keep their drive alive. Three plays later the Montogomery/Ashley run game finds the endzone. 21-35. USC refuses to stop passing and scoring. 21-42.

Another TD by USC and all hopes of a comeback are destroyed. Super Sim put into effect start of the 4th. USC obviously doesn't know how to work the clock as they score 3 more times. Final 21-66.

9. Masler

Masler Moderator

Cougars lose another. Something is wrong with the sliders somewhere. Maybe pass rush but once again I suspect my O line as well.

Final 37-21.

10. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

What are the ratings for your starters on your O-line? Are you having problems with too much pressure on pass plays, or is it running plays too?

I haven't had any glaring problems with this, but I suspect my lineman might be rated higher than yours, not sure though :confused:

11. Masler

Masler Moderator

Running plays aren't the problems, it seems like they have a hard time blocking the pass rush. I still get passes off, but most of the time it's either a sack or I'm throwing it away. And occasionally scrambling hopelessly away from 3 or 4 defenders and losing 8 yards.

12. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Walk On

USF 33
    WV 13

Write-up coming soon