2011 -2012 Offseason

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by The Richuation, Dec 16, 2010.

1. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

This may be a bit early, but judging from the speed we have been advancing, I wanted to throw this out there to get the discussion started.

The offseason requires roughly 8 advances... last season we sped through a little too quickly in my opinion. I was thinking since we have so many new owners that we slow down and allow everyone to really take stock of their team. I am proposing advancing every 24 hours in the offseason. So, may 7pm every night for a week to get through. Thoughts?

2. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

8 days for offseason? I'd suggest we maybe advance twice a day or something... 8 days seems to drag it out too much... Honestly... In my previous leagues - We have scheduled a night and done them all in a row... hammered them out. Getting a day 12 guys can be on for an hour shouldn't be too hard...Im free ANY day other than Saturdays

3. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

I am cool with doing it all in one night... if we can make that happen.

4. tooofick

tooofick Walk On

I think I'd prefer twice a day. Maybe 12am and 12pm?

I could do any night after midnight. I know the dude using Clemson works at night.. but it's up to everyone else's schedule I guess?

5. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

9am - 9pm would probably work better for me...

6. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Starting Saturday I'll be working most nights between 4 and 10 pm, but I should be off by 10 most nights. I only know my work schedule up until Sunday right now, so I'll keep you updated on what days I'm off.

7. williatr

williatr Walk On

I like getting it all done in one night. I can see how this would be hard though. I'm cool with twice a day too.

8. tooofick

tooofick Walk On

Is anyone not good December 26th (Sunday night) 11pm? Since we all ideally want to do it one night. I know it's difficult for everyone, but otherwise it really does dddrrraaaggggg...

9. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

your guys call...unfortunately I'm 3rd shift

10. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Well if we could start at 9 or so you should be able to get most of the important stuff done at least, depending on how long the drive to work is.

11. tooofick

tooofick Walk On

Twice a day is good. That way we can all play and do what we need todo.

12. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

I could do that...as long as we actually started at 9 and everyone was prompt.

13. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

I work a rotating shift. This coming week i'm on days, but after Thursday I'll be off for seven straight days. I know in glory days we set a date and time and everyone (or those who chose to) got online at the same time and finished most of it in one night. I'm up for whatever though. I believe I'm available the 26th.

14. Brian202202

Brian202202 Walk On

I think the one night idea is great... when I play cpu dynasties I usually finish the off-season in under an hour... Spreading it out 6 min. a day x2 over 5 days seems like it would pose more opportunities for people missing out. I think we could do it quickly if we had set intervals.

Players Leaving/Transfers 8:45
    Week 1 9:00
    Week 2 9:15
    Week 3 9:30
    Week 4 9:45
    Week 5 10:00
    Cut/Redshirt/Reorder 10:15
    Set up Recruiting Board/Schedule 10:30

15. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

One night would be great... I'm hoping to wrap the season before I leave for vacation Jan 2nd-9th.

16. themidnightrider13

themidnightrider13 Walk On

one night is a long haul...especially since it will only let you advance very 20 minutes or whatever. But I'm a newbie, so I'll let the Overdrive vets decide what to do.

17. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

They fixed that bug where you could only advance once every 20 minutes in the offseason. It should only take an hour to an hour and a half tops.

18. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    I am going to the Jags game on the 26th during the day. should be home in the evening though....