2011-2012 Sliders Discussion

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CLW, Aug 31, 2010.

1. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

2011-2012 Sliders Discussion

Gentlemen here is our current slider set:

Sliders & Settings
    Column 1 Column 2
    Difficulty: Heisman
    Quarters: 8 mins
    Sliders
    Offense Human CPU[/U][/B]
    QB Accuracy 50 45
    Pass Block 45 40
    WR Catching 50 40
    RB Ability 50 50
    Run Blocking 55 50
    Defense Human CPU[/U][/B]
    Pass Coverage 55 40
    Pass Rush 60 30
    Interceptions 30 35
    Rush Defense 50 50
    Tackling 50 50
    Special Teams Human CPU[/U][/B]
    FG Power 50 50
    FG Accuracy 10 40
    P Power 50 50
    P Accuracy 50 30
    Kickoff Power 50 50

This set has been used throughout the 1st season and has lead to the following results:*

* I did not include stats from guys that are no longer in the league and/or haven't played the complete season as it would be too time consuming to gather those stats.

PASSING #1 QBs:

Kent State / CLW - 252/425 (59%) 4153 Yards 26 TD 20 INT

Bowling Green / Sox - 258/419 (62%) 3716 Yards 26 TD 14 INT

Miami, OH / Roady - 194/437 (44%) 3225 Yards 17 TD 26 INT

WMU / Lambeau - 130/256 (51%) 2126 Yards 14 TD 15 INT

Toledo / Colts - 134/289 (46%) 2094 Yards 10 TD 20 INT

Radio / Temple - 102/167 (61%) 1762 Yards 16 TD 7 INT

TOTAL: 1070/1993 (54%)

LEADING RUSHERS FOR EACH TEAM:

Temple / Radio - 242 Carries 1595 Yards (6.6 YPC) 17 TD

WMU / Lambeau - 166 Carries 974 Yards (5.9 YPC) 15 TD

Toledo / Colts - 201 Carries 951 Yards (4.7 YPC) 13 TD

Miami, OH / Roady - 191 Carries 754 Yards (3.9 YPC) 8 TD

Bowling Green / Sox - 129 Carries 699 Yards (5.4 YPC) 6 TD

Kent State / CLW - 122 Carries 497 Yards (4.1 YPC) 8 TD

TOTAL:1051 Carries 5470 Yards (5.2 YPC)

KICKING:

Kent State / CLW - 21/21 FG (100%) 41/41 PAT (100%)

WMU / Lambeau - 14/20 FG (70%) 31/32 PAT (97%)

Bowling Green / Sox - 11/17 FG (65%) 40/41 PAT (98%)

Toledo / Colts - 8/19 (42%) 31/32 PAT (97%)

Miami, OH / Roady - 8/13 (62%) 23/25 (92%)

TOTAL: 62/90 (69%)

PUNTING:

Temple / Radio - 45.9 Avg

Miami, OH / Roady - 44.7 Avg

WMU / Lambeau - 43.4 Avg

Toledo / Colts - 41 Avg

Kent St / CLW - 40 Avg

Bowling Green / Sox - 37.5 Avg

TEAM STAT RANKINGS:

TOTAL OFFENSE

Kent St / CLW - 15th

Bowling Green / Sox - 27th

Toledo / Colts - 28th

Temple / Radio 73rd

Miami, OH / Roady - 77th

WMU / Lambeau - 99th

*CLW 2nd Best Passing Offense In Country; Sox 11th best passing offense in country; Colts 14th Best Passing Offense in Country; Roady 22nd best passing offense in country

*Radio 13th Best Rushing offense in Country

* CLW 25th in PPG; Roady 95th in PPG

*CLW 120th in Sacks Allowed; Roady 115th in Sacks Allowed; Radio 2nd in sacks allowed, Sox 5th in sacks allowed

DEFENSE RANKINGS

Temple / Radio - 48th

WMU / Lambeau - 51st

Kent St / CLW - 89th

Toledo / Colts - 95th

Miami, OH / Roady - 96th

Bowling Green / Sox - 98th

* Lambeau 120 in sacks; Sox 119 in sacks; Roady 118 in Sacks; CLW 50th in sacks​

I personally have some thoughts but I'll save them after I look at the stats a bit closer and see what you guys think about what should/should not be changed.

2. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Truthfully i don't think anything needs changed. Alot of people struggled early not being used to the sliders. Now with everyone getting their own guys in will start to even things out.

3. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

User QB accuracy is too high. I would drop it 10. You guys probably won't agree because we probably average 55% as a league which sounds good. More on this in a minute...

I hate the way the CPU players blanket receivers on most routes. There are a few routes that are solid but it gets monotonous. Sometimes you get lucky and a CPU player gets way outta position. Drop CPU coverage by 5 or 10.

It seems to be a majority that want the CPU pass rush dropped. I am cool with that by 5 maybe.

To my first point, if we drop CPU coverage and pass rush, we gotta even it out with a lower QB Accuracy.

Defensivly, I think we are about right.

Note: these are just ideas and I have not tried them out yet, I may have some time tonight to do so and I'll post here what I find.

4. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Thinking back I tend to agree that the HUM throws themselves were too accurate but the coverage particularly man-to-man was quite silly at times.

I was in the drop CPU pass rush camp (as I lead the nation in sacks allowed). However, when I saw Sox and Radio in the top 5 fewest sacks allowed I had second thoughts. I need to look at the # of sacks allowed compared to attempted passes and see what the %s look like. I was (unfortunately) one of the more pass happy teams in the MAC this year. This obviously should lead to more # sacks than a ground it out team. However, what % of time that we drop back are we getting crushed. I'd note that 13 of my 50 (I think sacks) came in 1 game.

I also noted that most of us had difficulty forcing sacks. I was the most sack happy and ended up 50th in the country. We had the bottom 3 in sacks forced in the country.

5. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

I had a tough time getting pressure on the QB in the games I played.

Off the top I would say make only minor adjustments. Maybe bump user pass rush 1 notch. CPU pass rush and run D down 1 notch.

What do you guys think about CPU QB passing...there were times where the CPU was completing a huge percentage against me. That may have been due to my lack of pass rush

But honestly I'm good with whatever is decided on

6. NDCOLTS1979

I run mainly man coverage so i don't go for sacks. I blitz here and there but not to often. So don't look at my stats on the sack side with anything at all.

7. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

This is tough to work on because the biggest variable is not the slider set, it is the skill set. I think there was certainly some CPU cheddar in terms of pass deflections at the line, ridiculous CPU recovery and coverage skills, CPU pass accuracy when they are hot, and hyper-aggresive play calling. But, it all gets down to the difference of who's working the sticks.

I'm usually not a good player, and it shows. Sometimes I catch breaks, usually I don't. But my stats reflect the level of talent I can bring. Lots of garbage time passing, some big, lucky runs, but little forced sacks or interceptions. (oh if I could have snagged that 4th quarter, 3rd down pass at the goal line vs. Temple...)

But look at CLW. I've seen him work his magic before, and he can be a wizard. He's got a kicker with 65 ACC, yet he goes 41-41 on XPs and 21-21 on FGS with a long of 51. Then his QB is a true soph. with 75 ACC and the kid was perfect vs. me, and was second in the nation in passing. I highly doubt the real Kent State QB will match that kind of output. Those are mad skillz.

I only know the others guys I've played this season in this league, so I'm not sure how good or bad everyone really is, but Radio is a running beast and Sox can move the rock at will. So if you bump up the sliders to make my weak team more competitive, then you good guys will run away with teh stats gheyness.

I'd rather it be tougher so I can struggle, but the whole of the league remains competitie yet realistic. Otherwise, let's set it all to Varsity and have the CPU show it's play.

8. NDCOLTS1979

I think the difficulty here is what keeps it exciting. Don't know if i am going to win every week in here. These other leagues its difficult to lose to the CPU. I took Illinois to an 11-1 season and lost my first game of the year to mizzu and from there won everything

9. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

The GBN was almost like that last year. We all got off to ungodly starts, with unrealistic numbers by starting the eyar with default sliders. By the time the sliders were fixed, we all had super teams and could coast until human games. This way is much more interesting.

10. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

With Patch/Tuning Set 3 coming out Tues we may need to relook at the slider set. It seems most were pretty happy and want only a few small tweaks here and there.

Just throwing it out there but in my offline dynasty - I have started using the following slider set:

OFFENSE HUM CPU
    QB ACC 15 15
    PASS BLK 50 0
    WR CATCH 45 40
    RB ABLTY 50 55
    RUN BLK 50 75

DEFENSE HUM CPU
    PASS COVERAGE 45 30
    PASS RUSH 50 0
    INTERCEPTIONS 45 25
    RUSH DEFENSE 0 45
    TACKLING 60 45

SPECIAL TEAMS HUM CPU
    FG LENGTH 50 50
    FG ACCURACY 5 50
    PUNT LENGTH 50 60
    PUNT ACCURACY 50 75
    KO LENGTH 35 35

I've found this brings my offensive numbers down to more realistic levels particularly the passing game but keeps the scores realistic.

11. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

I did'nt have a problem in the passing game. If I had time, the recievers would get open. I was unable to generate any rushing attack at all. But like I said, my O line was shit. So that was most likely the main problem.

If ur numbers look more realistic..I'm cool with them.

12. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Will agree here with all of you cause you all make great points on what we should do next. On my end of things i love the ability to just be able to play the game. Who would of thought we could have this level of game play in a video game 15 years ago it is insane what sony does. So with that everything else is a bonus. Is this league challenging ? Heck ya. But i like it hard especially all the close user games. The only thing that was got out of hand was fixed in the 2nd patch. The road team catching was atrocious. And the kicking was bad also. But those are both fixed now.My vote is to let it ride keep it the same.

13. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

FYI from what I am reading it looks like sliders are going to require MAJOR adjustments after this 3rd patch/tuner set.

If any of you guys find a good set out there post them here so we can try them out.

Thanks!

14. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

What did it screw up...I'm too lazy to read 500 post on OS

15. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Thanks V. I was too lazy to ax the question.

16. onaradio34

17. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

Some slider guru's are working on a set for Heisman now

I found this on the site but these changes are for AA settings:

"Here is my breakdown for slider fixes post patch from observations on All-American and my testing so far with sliders. Again, I am giving a range not exact. Use these impression to help build your sliders:

1. Decrease Human and Cpu accuracy to 30 or below. Since man coverage
    was taken down a notch, CPU Robo QB is more prevelant than pre-patch.

2. Increase both human and cpu coverage a bit to 55 or 60. Man coverage and zone will benefit and will help against Robo QB.

2. Human pash rush is terrible, downright terrible on normal settings. So bad now it reminds me of NCAA 09. Now this is not a problem, but both human and CPU pass rush need to be increased to 60 or above and pass blocking needs to be lowered below 40

3. CPU run game is better now thanks to improved logic and run blocking, but CPU run blocking needs to be above 60 and human rush D needs to be below 40. Also, lowering human tackling to 45 or 40 helps the CPU break tackles and also activates pro-tak more. Makes for more organic tackling in my opinion, which requires two or more to bring a RB down. Also, do this for CPU tackling to to have the same effect when you run. Looks really good!

4. Human run game is a little harder than pre-patch. Suggest putting blocking sliders at or below 40 and CPU rush defense above 65."

Someone will have a decent set for Heisman in a day or so

18. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

I generally think Heis is the way to go.

However, that is ONLY b/c I was unable to find an AA set where the CPU could beat us on a regular basis just by flat out having a better team.

I'm up for discussion of AA/Heis sets.

19. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

Ok I just finished reading tons of posts over @ OS about gamplay changes post patch #3. Most people feel that the patch has greatly improved over all gameplay. And has made the game more difficult without sliders

Man to Man coverage is still good but not as tight as it was with defenders jumping routes.

Zone coverage is much better

CPU running game is tight (I can vouch for this, last night played game in Colts dynasty and noticed CPU running game was better)

Some question user pass rush & think it tougher to bring pressure. (I did nt notice this)

Some complaits of possible RoBo QB's

Those are just some of the things that the majority were thinking.

I like the Heisman sliders, but i think we will need to tweak them a little bit. Lets use the ones we have now as a base and just tweak where we need.

I was unable to find a good set of Heisman Sliders.

20. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

My guess (i havent played a single play since the patch/tune) is:

#1 QBA (for both CPU and HUM) are going to need to go WAY down

#2 CPU Running might go down some

#3 HUM Pass Rush up. it was a problem #s wise before for us IMO so if its even slightly tougher now IMO we should def raise it

21. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

Some guy @ OS is working on some heisman sliders, he hopes to test them tonight sometime

I will post them so we can give them a try out once he finalizes them

22. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

The guy I got my Offline Dynasty sliders from has updated his set to the following:

OFFENSE HUM CPU
    QB ACC 15 15
    PASS BLK 50 0
    WR CATCH 45 40
    RB ABLTY 50 60
    RUN BLK 50 60

DEFENSE HUM CPU
    PASS COVERAGE 55 40
    PASS RUSH 60 10
    INTERCEPTIONS 45 25
    RUSH DEFENSE 50 25
    TACKLING 60 45

SPECIAL TEAMS HUM CPU
    FG LENGTH 50 50
    FG ACCURACY 5 50
    PUNT LENGTH 50 60
    PUNT ACCURACY 35 100
    KO LENGTH 25 35

Give these a try and let me know what you guys think.

(Slow 35) (penalties same as present)

23. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

I just played a 7 min qtrs game using these settings. I ran with my NIU vs Bowling Green

Here are some stats:

My QB: 16-30 249 1TD 2INT
    CPU QB: 15-23 165 0TD 0INTS

My RB: 27 for 100 3.7 avg Long of 16
    CPU RB: 15 for 43 2.8 AVG

I won the game 21 to 13
    14 1st downs to the CPU's 13
    352 total offense to the CPU's 206

All in all I liked the settings alot. I dont think they are quite as tough as before. Did not see the CPU Robo QB at all. Got 2 sacks and a few hurries that resulted in bad throws for CPU QB. I was sacked 3 times I think and hurried many more. The CPU still blitzes alot but not near as bad. The cPU was 3 for 4 on FG's with a long of 50. I missed my only attempt from 35

If I were gonna make changes to these I would:

Bump up CPU Pass D 1 notch.
    Bump up User FG Accuracy 1 notch at least
    Thast about it...Like I said the game had a great flow and realistic stats

Those that pass 40 times a game may get some crazy passing numbers against the CPU with these settings
    I dont think we were using slow speed before but I liked it better

24. onaradio34

The slow speed setting has grown on me as well. Didn't like it at first but it really helps diagnosing the CPU super blitzes.

25. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

I was off work today so I thought I would throw a bigger test at these sliders. I played as NIU @ Tennessee

I lost 20-10 in a good game, I had my chances. Matt Simms CPU QB was 14-17 1 TD 0 INTS about 225 yrds. I was able to hold their running game in check without giving up any big runs. They avg about 3.5 yrds a carry

I had a tough time on the ground averaging only around 2 per carry. I was able to pass more than I expected, around 325 yards and a TD, 2 INTs. The CPU was booming kickoffs out of the endzone and nailed 3 FG's one being a 53 yarder.

Again I think the passing is just too easy with these settings and need to be bumped up. Other than that Its feels pretty damn good. The running game is sweet on Slow, ur able to see the running lanes develop better.

Someone else test them and lets hear what u think.