2011 ACC Preview(ish)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by spliff616, Aug 24, 2010.

1. spliff616

spliff616 Walk On

2011 ACC Preview(ish)

This conference is perhaps the most intriguing of them all. There is talk coming from Miami that “the U†is back, swagger and everything. Granted this is what we heard last year prior to the season as well, but the results on the field were different. Yet, this year could be different as some serious behind the scenes stuff took place where at one point there was talk of a potential job switch by Coach JerzeyReign. Whether or not any of this has an impact on the field will be seen early as they take on the Ohio State University in what should be a classic. Also, I believe they have a matchup against the Cornhuskers later in the year which means that they’ll be facing the two teams that played for it all last year. Such a difficult out of conference schedule could provide a huge reward for the Canes as they will surely be battled tested to fight it out for what will be tough ACC. However, Miami is not the only team aiming for the ACC crown one team in particular is Georgia Tech. This was a team that started off last year on an impressive winning streak but ran into a few road bumps down the stretch. The most disappointing of which happened in the ACC title game, part of this could be blamed on the substance abuse problems of their starting QB but the issues may be deeper. We’ll see how it all plays out over the course of the season. It’s tough to preview the ACC without mentioning Florida State. This team suffered some growing pains last year as they transition from the Bowden era. Yet, there’s hope for this team this year as they seem to have one of their own back at the helm and sometimes it takes going back to your roots to find success. Lastly, the defending ACC Champion Clemson Tigers will not give up their conference title without a fight. And this team has plenty of fight in them led by Junior QB Parker. With him gaining another year of experience it’s going to be tough for any team to stop Clemson’s campaign to repeat as ACC champions.

2. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

North Carolina going to be creepin up on these guys!

3. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Good write up... my Canes hope to play better in conference play

4. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

nice write up my boy nrg at UNC gets no love?

5. spliff616

spliff616 Walk On

That's my fault on that one, I got a little confused with all of the shake ups this year. I'll edit it when I get a chance.