2011 Arkansas Razorback Season

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by charter04, Sep 19, 2010.

1. charter04

charter04 Walk On

2011 Arkansas Razorback Season

This will be were you can find info about the Hogs.

2. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Arkansas had three players take in the 2011 NFL draft.

QB Ryan Mallett

T Demarcus Love

TE DJ Williams

3. charter04

charter04 Walk On

I want to highlight some players on my team from week to week. I want to start at QB.

NO. 8 Tyler Wilson 6'3" 215 (RS) JR

Tyler has stepped into a great situation at Arkansas. Most starters return on offense from a SEC champion team. He has great receivers to go to and a very QB friendly scheme.

He does not have Ryan Malletts arm strength but he has great accuracy.
    He is 88 overall, 90 Throw Power, and 94 Accuracy.
    In real life his lack of experience might be a factor but since I am the one making the decisions that won't be a factor at all.

The thing he has that Mallett didn't is mobility. His 82 speed is all you need to find time in the pocket or even scramble a little.

So far this year he leads the SEC in rating. He is averaging 342 yards a game. He has a completion percentage of 71%. He has 5 TD's and only 1 int. He is a very efficient QB.

4. charter04

charter04 Walk On

No. 1 in the Nation Arkansas wins a big one at Alabama. 28 to 27.

Great game. Came down to the very end. I scored with 5 seconds left. Both teams played great. It was hard to stop either offense even though the score was kind of low. Great game.

5. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Sounds like a helluva game. The SEC will be full of them this year, including the Arkansas/Tennessee matchup in a few weeks.

6. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Yea it was crazy. I don't know how anyone will go unbeaten.

7. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Arkansas takes care of Toledo 48 to 7.

8. charter04

charter04 Walk On

WOW! That was the dumbest game I have played in a long time. I'm sure everyone has had a case where the cpu wouldn't let you win, no matter what, but that was unreal. I don't mind losing in a fair way, but man that was crazy. The cpu QB was a robot out there. My defense is not great but. 500 + yards passing! Give me a break. Everytime they needed a play they got it. When I had to convert my WR droped the ball. First drop all day. They then drive down the field and score on a run with two seconds left. We were tied and they had a time out and they ran 2 times in a row out of no huddle and got the TD. They had 6 seconds left when they ran the last play. No time out to kick a field goal. They just run it for 6. No coach would ever do that but it was the CPU saying not only can you not win but I am going to run the ball so you lose by more! Oh well I guess that's my recap. LOL. Didn't help that TENN was running the run and shoot because that is what marty used and didn't bother to switch it back to the TENN offense. Does anyone else have a game where you just weren't going to win against the CPU. I have had many with EA sports games. That was just my first with NCAA 11.

9. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Oh final score was 49 to 42.

10. phbaseball1335

phbaseball1335 Walk On

I feel that way during a bunch of my games...it always seems to be the same teams/players each year though for me. I played one game earlier this season in which the opposing quarterback completed his first 25 passes of the game and didn't have an incompletion until about 2 minutes left in the 4th. There was absolutely nothing I could do to stop it...man coverage, zone, hitting him with the pass rush. He shook everything off and was a total machine.

11. charter04

charter04 Walk On

It seems worse after the latest update. Have you noticed it being worse since the patch? Tyler Bray, who is not great, was 40 out of 50 for just over 500 yards. Sacking him was the only way to stop him. Man to man seems very hard to use against the CPU sometimes. My best cover guy would be so far behind the reciever he was on that he wouldn't even be in the picture. It has been like this all season, against the pass, I just won so I didn't really notice. My Defense went from being rated at the top and playing great against the pass to being last. I can't stop any teams passing game.

12. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Now that I am not as ticked I can do a proper recap.

Offense

Our offense moved the ball good all game. We got behind by two scores in the second half and had to abandon the run, so my passing numbers got a little inflated. We scored 42 points and that should have been enough but my D let me down. The CPU had something to do with that but it still let me down. We were down by 2 scores in the 4th quarter so when I scored to cut it to 35 to 42 I kicked and recovered an onside kick. We then scored to tie the game. Maybe I should have kicked another onside kick but I wanted to be realistic. So they drove right down the field of course. I got a user pick on a pass inside my own 5 yardline and made a return to about the 20. We then drove to their end of the field and I made the mistake of going for it on 4th and my reciever droped an easy catch that would have given me a first down.

So with very little time on the clock they drove all the way down and run it in for a TD. The only reason they didn't kick a field goal to win, I'm sure is so I wouldn't have any time left. I did fair catch the kick off but with 2 seconds I just threw a long pass that was completed and if I could have broken one takle I might have scored. Overall the offense did it's part. We didn't have any turn overs so I didn't give the game away.

Defense

Defense gave up 49 points. Terrible effort. Only forced one punt and got one turn over. They fumble twice but recovered their own fumble of course. I knew my defense would stuggle this year i just didn't know it would be this bad.

Player of the game was Tyler Wilson. He broke the school record for Passing yards in a game. He had 483 yards and 4 TD's.

13. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Arkansas won a tough game this past week against Auburn. The Final score was 38 to 14 but the real score might as well be 29 to 14. Read D/C thread.

On offense the Hogs ran the ball better then they normally have because Auburn seemed to be focusing on stopping the pass. Ronnie Wingo was the player of the game with just over 60 yards and 3 rushing TD's. Tyler Wilson had a good game also. He moved the chains and took good care of the football.

On Defense the Razorback were focused on stopping Auburn QB Cam Newton. They did about as good of a job as can be expected. Although he made some plays he also took some sacks. Arkansas sacked him in the end zone for a safety and forced him into a bad INT. They wanted to force him to be a pocket passer and that seemed to bother him.

Overall this was a gutsy game for the Hogs. It was a must win for their chances to win the west. Now they have the head to head tie breaker with both Alabama and Auburn. Those teams play each other so one will for sure get one more SEC loss. If Arkansas can keep their conference record to only one loss, they will play for a championship.