2011 Bowl Tweet Special

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jayrah, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

[​IMG]

2. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Jacob Charest:

ESPN projects us to be in the Texas Bowl vs. Nebraska. Bring on the Black Shirts!

3. Jayrah

A&M oddly cheering for Texas in the Big 12 Championship, if they win A&M would end up in second place.

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

UCLA looks slated to play in the Alamo Bowl against Mizzou but that could all change at the end of the Big 12 CCG. Looks like we just missed the cut on a BCS game!

5. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

How far did yall drop?

6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Just to 10th but i think im out of the mix for the at large BCS bids. We'll see.

7. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Pregame News Conference: Coach Cheez

Reporter 1 Coach Cheez, You haven't played a game since the week 13 heartbreaker vs. Wisconsin. How have you gotten your kids mentally prepared for the bowl game?
    Coach Cheez I think they've done a lot of that themselves. For our seniors, they were torn up over losing that game. Their work over the season has given them one last shot to go out on a good note, and I expect them to do just that.

Reporter 2 Coach, how will the return of Jason Ford affect your strategy on offense?
    Coach Cheez Jason will get some carries. Mikel will still get them too. Hopefully by splitting the carries up between the two we can have two fresh backs in the fourth quarter.

Reporter 3 Coach, Nebraska is ranked 9th in the country in total defense, and have only given up 1,021 yards on the ground all season. Can we expect you to open up the playbook and have Charest throw the ball more?
    Coach Cheez The playbook is always open. I'm not holding anything back from these guys. Every one of my guys knows what they have to do, and are capable of doing it.

Reporter 1 Coach Cheez, Nebraska is a top 20 rushing offense, and your defense doesnt match up well statistically. How do you plan on counteracting their advantage?
    Coach Cheez What advantage? The advantage that little piece of paper tells you they have? My guys are here to play their hearts out. If they do that, we have a good chance at winning this ball game.

Corso and Herbie have both picked Illinois going in to this matchup.

8. Jayrah

Texas A&M officials and coaches are imploring Texas A&M fans to show up by the masses in Dallas for the Cotton Bowl against Ole Miss. "These kids have played a wonderful season and are really looking forward to playing in front of a "home" crowd in a special game. There's no reason Cowboys stadium isn't packed to the rims with maroon and white. The fans deserve this too, they've been incredible, as always." said Coach Davis.

On a separate but related note, the team was maybe wondering if they would have they're second stud in the backfield, in Christine Michael. But at this point is just doesn't look like he'll make it back for this one. "He's a tough dude, but it was pretty serious. I sure wish he could be a part of this, but I don't think it's possible" said Cyrus Gray, the other half of the backfield.