2011 Buckeyes

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Masler, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

2011 Buckeyes

Buckeyes are stunned as they lose a close one to the Badgers. They gained an early lead of 35-14 going into the half when suddenly Wisconsins whole team started playing completely different. Nearly shutting down Ohio State's offense and torching the defense. Eventually turning it into a shootout.

It all came down to one play. OSU's kicker has to make the 35 yd Field Goal to tie it and force OT. It's an easy kick like any other, down the middle, no easier kick. 1 mph winds. Full Power is acheivement. Kick is up!!...aaand its wide left...wow...i mean it never came close.

Final Score OSU 42, Wisconsin 45

New Coach Masler stated, "We had quite the lead, my players got cocky and it shows when you lose in the end. We need to practice hard this week to not get cocky, we've got an even tougher game next Saturday. Hopefully they keep their head in the game next time."

2. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Tough loss

3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Ouch..tough one. How did Berry do?

4. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Yeah I just checked the sliders.....and it looks like we are gonna have to be dead on to make any FG's.....maybe this should be looked at and adjusted.

5. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

I actually raised the FG sliders from what they are in the Description thread i just havens updated it yet

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

Berry did pretty good shaun. I got him over 100 yards and a pair of TDs

7. Masler

Masler Moderator

OSU 14
    PSU 42

Game started off close, with TDs being traded until right before half time PSU throws a TD to go up 2 scores. Second half they score two more and shut out OSU. Ohio State's offense couldn't get going at all after halftime and the defense had trouble stopping the run.

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

Bucks hold off Gophers to snap losing streak.

The Buckeyes head to face the Golden Gophers of Minnesota. They've been in a little bit of a slump with the recent coaching change. Let's hope things turn out good this time.

Buckeyes kickoff to start. Minn is making a decent drive but on 3rd and short OSU forces and recovers a fumble. But it gets reversed and the Gophers punt. Thomas muffs the punt and the Gophers recover for a TD. Bad luck. A fired up Minn D forces the Buckeyes to punt. On the following play the Gophers finally makes a mistake and throws it straight to LOLB Bell, pick 6. 7-7. OSU forces a 3 and out. Thomas redeems himself by catching a TD pass. 14-7. Gophers throw into coverage again and this time the CB picks it off. Buckeyes get nowhere. End of the first.

Missed tackles lead to a Minn TD. 14-14. Buckeyes get in the redzone but get picked off. They return the favor moments later. Gophers make a BS 4th down conversion that leads to a TD a few plays later. 14-21. Buckeyes throw the long bomb right as time expires and James Jackson catches it and takes it to tie. 21-21. End of the half.

Buckeyes come in with a fierce run game and take the lead again. 28-21. WR catches a major BS catch, corner jumped and should have picked it when the WR doesn't even jump or turn around and catches for a TD. Minn misses the PAT. 28-27. Berry pounds one in. 35-27. Minnesotas runningback acts like Barry Sanders and juked 4 defenders. Defense forces a 2pt failure. 35-33. Thomas takes a kick back 70 yards to give the Buckeyes great field position. End of third.

Thomas hauls in another. 42-33. Minn on 4th and inches fails to convert. Berry pounds in another. Corso says go for 2 for some reason, so I say ok. Just this once since Minn has been giving me hell. 50-33. Minn finds the endzone again, defense can't stop them for crap. 50-40. Minn loses the onside and Buckeyes start the clock run off. Posey catches a TD (was only supposed to give 1st down on 3rd and long) and gives OSU their comfortable lead back. 57-40. OSU runs off the clock. Final 57-40.

"This one had me worried for a minute, I'll admit that, good game Gophers, you guys played your heart out," commented Masler.

Ohio State snaps their losing spell and increases their record to 6-3 (3-2), making them bowl eligible. The Buckeyes host Purdue next week at home.

Box Score

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    Team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final
    Bucks 14 7 14 22 57
    Minn 7 14 12 7 40

Notable Stats:

J. Bauserman 15/26, 242 yds, 4 TD

J. Berry 34 Car, 184 yds, 2 TD

L. Thomas 3 Rec, 26 yds, 2 TD

D. Posey 3 Rec, 70 yds, 1 TD

J. Jackson 2 Rec, 70 yds, 1 TD

C. Brown 4 Tack, 2 INT, 32 INT yds

D. Bell 2 Tack, 1 INT, 12 INT yds, 1 INT TD

Overall defense had 3 Picks, 3 Sacks, and 3 Deflections.

9. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

Good game. Sounds like the same trouble I have on D; broken tackles and big plays. Congrats.

10. Masler

Masler Moderator

OSU wins big​

The Buckeyes headed into Ross-Ade Stadium huge favorites on Saturday and walked away huge victors

After a very close first half. Purdue staying within 7 points, the Buckeyes began to play flawlessly and harassed the Boilermakers all second half. They would have had a second half shut out but Bolden made himself known and scored an easy TD. Very easy win for Ohio State once their team started clicking. Even in the 4th quarter when Coach Masler ordered in the backups the Boilermakers could not stop them. HB Berry had over 100 yds and 4 TDs. RE Williams also broke the NCAA Sack Record in one game with 7.

Buckeyes improve to 7-3 (4-2). They go on the road next week to face the Illinois Fighting Illini. After that they finish off the season in the Horseshoe against hated rival Michigan.

Box Score

Bucks 28 10 7 10 55
    Pur 14 7 0 7 28

Notable Stats:

J. Bauserman 14/18, 285 yds, 2 TD, 0 INT

J. Berry 20 Car, 136 yds, 4 TD (Backup HB also had 1 TD)

J. Jackson 3 Rec, 78 yds, 1 TD

A. Sweat 9 Tack, 2 TFL

N. Williams 8 Tack, 7 TFL, 7 Sack, 1 FF

Overall the defense recorded 1 INT, 9 Sacks, and 1 FF.

11. Masler

Masler Moderator

Strong win for Buckeyes​

The Buckeyes headed into the Battle for Illibuck expecting a fight from #19 Illinois. They received one until the 3rd quarter. The first half was filled with touchdowns and no defense. That all changed in the second half. HB Berry was knocked out for 2 weeks with an ACL sprain. Leaving OSU with Hyde, while Hyde did his job, he was no true replacement. So the Bucks took to the air and had 3 receivers with over 100 yds. Bauserman had a career day himself. Once up 3 TD's the Buckeyes took it back to the ground and only passed to convert 3rd downs to keep the drive going (in a couple situations they ended up being touchdowns.). The 4th quarter brought in the backups.

As time was expiring in the 4th quarter. (I was controlling a MLB btw). The defensive line hits the Illini QB and the DE pick 6s them. Not intended at all, but the Bucks stay 3 under the scoring cap. They kneel on the PAT to not get any closer than they already were.

"Good game by Illinois but I get the feeling they gave up," said Coach Masler "They had the potential to make it a game but didn't use it."

The Buckeyes will finish at home against The Big One, squaring off against old rival Michigan. And if Bauserman plays like he did today, that one may be ugly. But this opponent is no CPU and a great game is expected. Their record is now 8-3 (5-2).

Box Score

Bucks 14 21 14 13 62
    Illini 7 10 7 7 31

Notable Stats:

J. Bauserman 20/34, 491 yds, 7 TD

J. Berry 12 Car, 61 yds, 1 TD

C. Hyde 14 Car, 59 yds

L. Thomas 7 Rec, 144 yds, 3 TD

D. Posey 5 Rec, 163 yds, 2 TD

J. Jackson 4 Rec, 116 yds, 2 TD