2011 Colorado Buffalo Game Tracker

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by NoleNBlue, Dec 6, 2010.

1. NoleNBlue

NoleNBlue Walk On

CU-45
    Baylor-10

Coach PipeHitter's arrival brought about major changes this week. Most notably, a power rushing attack that saw Sophomore HB Quentin Hildreth rush for a career-high 230 yds on 16 carries. "I can't really explain it." said Hildreth after the game. "Coach PH said we were going to rotate but if one of us got hot, he'd ride the hot hand. Guess I got hot ha ha ha."

The switch from a more wide open spread to more of a pro-style was a welcome change for Senior QB Tyler Hansen. "I loved it. With the line blowing the defense off the ball, it allowed me to get some really open looks in the passing game. I just wish he'd gotten this job sooner." Hansen finished the game 11 of 17 for 142 yds and a pair of TD's. The first team was able to sit the entire second half with a 31-3 halftime lead.

After the game, Coach PipeHitter had this to say: "We had a short week of practice but saw some things on film that we thought we could take advantage of. At the end of the day, it's about execution and these men went out and did everything they were asked to do. Hopefully this carries over into a good week of practice in preparation for K-State."

2. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

Hildreth is a beast man and he's young.

3. NoleNBlue

NoleNBlue Walk On

he's gonna be my bellcow for the next couple of years.

4. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

No doubt, Rodney Stewart just graduated, but Hildreth was a Freshman...so he's sophomore now. Dude will be a stud junior and senior year

5. NoleNBlue

NoleNBlue Walk On

CU-41
    K-State-7

Almost on que, Quentin Hildreth spent most of this game sidelined with various ailments, although he did manage to house 2 short TD runs. Justin Torres picked up the slack, scoring a TD and carrying the lion's share of the work. Tyler Hansen had an atrocious day passing, overthrowing receivers and falling victim to numerous drops. He did, however, hook up on a SportsCenter highlight TD pass that I'll upload once the EA site has it ready.

6. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Now its just us outside of the top 25... we will get there

7. NoleNBlue

NoleNBlue Walk On

CU-41
    Texas Tech-10

A monsoon kept the Red Raider air attack in the hangar for this one. Quentin Hildreth went for 208 yds and 3 TD's on the back of an offensive line that dominated the Texas Tech defensive front.

8. NoleNBlue

NoleNBlue Walk On

Disregard that previous. Looks like we advanced while I was playing and I took a 38-14 loss.

9. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Oh boy... I'm sorry man... I didn't see you online when I advanced...

10. NoleNBlue

NoleNBlue Walk On

Mizzou-7
    CU-30

The Buff defense was the star in this one, holding the high-flying Mizzou offense to just 286 yds passing. Quentin Hildreth eclipsed the century mark again and was able to rest the entire 2nd half, with the game in hand. It was a gorgeous night in the Rockies and there were a handful of recruits in the stands to see this one.