2011 Conf Championship Week

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GoGators, Jan 10, 2010.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

2011 Conf Championship Week

We've advanced to conference championship week. Let's get these games in today so we can advance tonight.

2. dharvey09

dharvey09 Walk On

SEC one should be gooooooooood.

3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Heels Win First Conference Championship since 1980!

[​IMG]
    Ryan Houston was unstoppable all game long

UNC's very good offense dominated the entire game while their porous defense played surprisingly well en route to a 31-13 victory. In their 1st matchup earlier this year, Clemson won 34-24 thanks in huge part to the 3 INTs thrown by Mike Paulus. Because of this, coach Jello played very conservatively (the longest pass play was 20 yards) and it paid off. Clemson's defense was unable to stop this conservative gameplan of lots of runs and short passes. UNC never had to punt and scored on every possession of the game. UNC converted on an amazing 10 of 11 3rd down conversions and scored a TD all 3 times they entered the red zone. The real surprise was the defense, which is rated in the bottom half of teams in the country. During the game they only allowed 1 TD and 2 FGs which is a humongous achievement for them.

Ryan Houston returned from his injury and came up huge in the game. He ran for 119 yards and 2 TDs and was good for 3-5 yards almost every time he touched the ball. While TE Christian Wilson didn't catch many balls as Mike Paulus spread the ball around (he completed his 13 completions to 6 different receivers) but he made them count, catching 2 TDs on 3 receptions.

UNC will be partying hard as for a week and then they will prepare to face #4 Rutgers in the Orange Bowl.

Box Score
    Team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final
    UNC 7 7 7 10 31
    Clemsoni 7 3 3 0 13

Game Statistics
    Stat UNC Clemson
    Score 31 13
    First Downs 15 15
    Total Offense 286 268
    Rushes-Yards-TDs 30-134-2 29-134-0
    Comp-Att-TD 13-16-2 11-19-1
    Passing Yards 152 134
    3rd Down Conv 10-11(90%) 7-10(70%)
    Turnovers 0 0
    T.O.P. 14:37 13:23

Players of the Game
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    UNC R. Houston 20 car, 119 yards, 2 TD
    Clemson S. Adams 14 tackles, 1 TFL

Here are some highlights of the game:

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zLZ_FF6jk6k&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zLZ_FF6jk6k&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lj5jnQ5Ucng&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lj5jnQ5Ucng&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j9qNXvCsGhU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j9qNXvCsGhU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

4. dharvey09

dharvey09 Walk On

wow Clemson defense got shellshocked

5. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

So much for our first ACC BCS Champ, oh well.....congrats on your first ACC title Jello.

6. jello1717

I did my part to ensure that we have a CPU vs. CPU NC game.

7. Hokie Effect

Never know how the EA pollsters will react after the SEC CCG. Winner will only have 1 loss and could jump the other 1 loss teams (I think Ohio State is ahead as of now) Only time will tell.......

8. dharvey09

dharvey09 Walk On

wow that will make both of my leagues have a CPU National champion thats pretty sweet

9. jello1717

They're both lower than me so I'd be shocked if they jumped me (the team that just beat the #1 team in the country) even though they have 1 fewer loss. I predict a Utah v. aOSU NC game.

10. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Florida takes care of Auburn handily basically to the same game script that happened in the first meeting. Maybe if 2 wounded ducks didn't get picked of ny first two drives that the men were open on it may turn out different. It will be interesting once he loses this senior class, he controls them good but the players are talented also. I said before once I get my athletes in the SEC will be all orange Tiger

until then Florida is SEC Champs 49-21

Miller 1 TD 4 Ints
    Adams mr irrelevent but don't judge him on this game. Ha

11. GoGators

Team 1Q 2Q 3Q 4Q Final
    Aub 0 7 14 0 21
    UF 14 14 21 0 49[/SIZE]

SEC Champs!!!
    In a great SEC championship win the Gators make it two over the Auburn Tigers!

[​IMG]

After losing their chance to play for the crystal ball, the gators came into this one very hungry. All week leading up to this game the talk was about Sr WR Harry Adams and how big a difference McCaleb would make in this game. The Gators D wasn't having any of it as they shut both of them down. McCaleb got yards in garbage time in the 4th quarter but was a non factor most of the game. Same for SE MVP and Heisman hopeful Harry Adams.

"We heard about McCaleb and Adams all week and we were just tired of it. They're great athletes, but we have great athletes too and we showed that today!." - JR MLB Branden Beal

The Gators had their most explosive offensive games of the season. Sr QB John Brantley came out on fire and never really cooled off. Sr playmaker Deonte Thompson also had a career day. The Tigers were kicking themselves all season over how Jeff Demps tore them up in their first meeting of the season. Coming into this one they obviously gameplanned to take him out of the game. However, as they found out, Florida has too many athletes to focus on just one. Using play action against the Auburn All American SS, the Gators were able to find some deep balls that were a big difference maker.

Luckily for Auburn their D made some great ball hawking plays forcing 2 unlikely fumbles that gave their offense a chance to make a game out of this one. Unfortunately, the Gators D stood tall and bailed out their butterfingered offensive counterparts.

In the end, the Gators were victorious, and Jeff Demps wasn't completely shut down as he was able to eclipse Tim Tebow's career rushing TD record in this game.

[​IMG]
    Jeff Demps, most TDs in UF history

"Brantley and D. Thompson have had a rough couple weeks. They really wanted to come out today and show that they were just as talented as anyone else in the nation. They did that today and I'm really proud of them. I have one game left with all these guys, I'm really going to miss these guys when they graduate. Boy it's great to be a Florida Gator!" -Coach KSherm after the game.

Great game Auburn. There's an interesting rivalry brewing here with their coach having an allegiance to FSU, he has a lot of hate for the Gators and won't be happy until he knocks them off the SEC throne. Obviously coach KSherm has no interest in allowing this to happen.

Players of the Game:
    Game Ball Split
    QB John Brantley 363.2 Rating, 13/17 447 yds, 4 TDs, 4 car, 12 yds
    D. Thompson 4 rec, 114 yds, TD, 1 car, 2 yds, TD

Auburn
    McCalebb 12 car, 52 yds, TD, 3 rec, 4 yds
    H. Adams 4 rec, 51 yds

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Aub
    UF​
    First Downs
    21​
    11​
    Total Offense
    338​
    519​
    Rushes-Yards-TD
    36-118-2​
    22-72-3​
    Comp-Att-TD
    17-32-1​
    13-17-4​
    Passing Yards
    220​
    447​
    Turnovers
    4​
    3​
    T.O.P.
    17:52​
    11:28​

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/15636970
    (First possession, set tone for game)
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/15637001
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/15637022
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/15637007
    (Is that the All America SS back there getting burnt??? Yes it is!!!)
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/15637074
    (the pump fake on this one is sick! He got me, nice play Noles)

12. GoGators

Nice win Jello!

Again, you're extremely welcome for everyone boosting Beazus' ego and making you the heavy underdog.

13. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Hardly...I knew the deal coming into the game. Now if that darned wr brandon clear didn't drop 3 passes on 3rd and 4th, it woulda been closer. But...unless you can force jello into a turnover or 2, you probably won't beat him (with ryan houston that is). Well see...

14. KnightNoles

yea I hate losing and especially hate losing to the Gators... Fortunately I have beat them twice and I have been beaten by them twice. Again once all these guys leave for you I cant wait to see what kind of style you play.

All I want to know on the first TD what was my coverage doing and on the Hammond TD what was Reggie doin? I think the game AI broke down for me a lot in the game but ohh well bowl win and next year.

15. GoGators

On the first TD, you were the strong safety and you bit the play fake. Then when you got back into coverage you took the crossing route and not the crossing post pattern. I had time and D.T. has the speed to out run your FS.

On the Hammond one, I believe that's the game playing to its ratings. Brantley is a great QB and would be able to squeeze that ball in there. Your SS is only like an 80 something overall so he's not going to make a lot of those plays without you controlling him.

As for the breakdown in AI, I think it has a lot to do with the difference in ratings between our teams. The Gators are A+ across the board and Auburn is a B+.

Your complaint about that brings up an interesting conflict EA faces. If they program the players to play towards their ratings, gamers scrutinize it as a breakdown in programming/AI when they don't do what they're suppose to. In reality though, that's how things should happen. Guys on the field with low awareness ratings should get lost on some plays. It happens all the time, that's why you always see coaches screaming their heads off when players come to the sidelines haha.

16. GoGators

Also, you've never beaten me twice. We only played twice and I beat you both times.

As for my game style, I actually realized I made a huge mistake this year with my playbook. I should have been more pro style, especially with my HBs and Brantley's inability to run.

Next season I'm going to have a crazy QB battle to dictate what kind of offense I run, but all fingers point to me being able to get back to running the option again out of the spread. What's that mean??? Bad news for the SEC!!! haha

17. KnightNoles

I've beaten Florida twice in C2C. First TD I had the shallow zone (yellow) and my other safety was suppose to play the deep 1/3. I was in cover 3 and never seen that route do that to me. I was taking away all the short stuff and didn't bite on it.

I don't get is that user games it's default sliders but in this dynasty the play is different and the plays I'm used to making don't always happen. This game the CPU just acted weird from the opening snap. Not an excuse i've said it since I began to live on campus., I hope it's just my home Internet cause I hate playing a game here, my apartment is so much better.

18. Hokie Effect

Yeah I noticed you have a young QB with 92 speed just waiting to step on the field.....

19. GoGators

Yeah, Wright is a sick athlete. Solid arm strength and game breaking speed but his accuracy is just not developing. He's got a lot of work to do this summer if he wants the job next season.

If not, I've got 2 QBs in this recruiting class and I'll have to see what they bring to the table. If Wright doesn't develop, he may get moved to WR.

20. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

Lets hope he doesn't develop....