2011 - Discussion of League Rules

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by Dru50, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

2011 - Discussion of League Rules

Please post any questions you have on the preliminary rules in this thread.

2. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

just in regards to headsets being highly reccomended. I generaly dont talk durring games as it takes away from my concentration of the game but I have no problems at least having 1 on and avail should a situation arise where my opponent needs to talk about an issue. I would agree its a hell of alot easier talking out a problem instead of typing it out. From my experience people are more likely to go off via text then they are by voice.

3. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

No questions really.... I understand they are preliminary and most are based on last years versions of the game. It will take playing and getting use to the new game to really suggest changes to the rules...

As I've said before, if the game plays similar to the demo then I will lobby for us to use Heisman sliders instead of AA. This is the first time I've ever played NCAA and Heisman felt so right, and not cheap while AA seemed way to easy.

Only other thing is I did not recall seeing anything about procedures for disconnect games. Usually I would think the parties could just work it out, but it seems people have different ideas on how situations should be resolved around TF.

4. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

i'm interested to see if run/pass committ is as effective for 11 as it was for 10. Same with the 1-5-5 defense. I'm sure if they are then it will be banned here. Guess we have to wait for the full game to come out

5. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I agree with Shino, there should be a standing procedure for disconnects. I've always been able to work mine out no problem, as I'm sure most of the veterans guys have too, but we will be playing with some new guys and there probably should be a line drawn.

Just so you know the 1-5-5 was banned site wide I believe in ncaa 10. At least in all the leagues I was in it was.

6. Dru50

I knew I was forgetting something, I will add rules on disconnects.

7. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I think right now that without any of us playing the final copy of the game that gameplay rules discussion will be premature. And we may find out after the first year of recruiting that we may not even need recruiting rules. As far as a disconnect rule, I'll leave that up to Dru. I'm also willing to bet we could try bumping quarter lengths to 8 minutes. The reason for this is because when you go from the end of a play to the play call screen it simulates 10-15 seconds of the play/game clock.

8. Dru50

We'll take a look at difficulty level and sliders once we've had a chance to test the game a bit, but I'd say the likelihood of Heisman is slim. Historically, Heisman difficulty results in superhuman robo-QB's who never miss passes and HB's that can break 35 tackles on every play. We had pretty good success in Trifecta last year with AA difficulty with modified sliders, which resulted in some competitive computer games. For example, I lost a game to CPU USC, and nearly lost 2 more in one season to the CPU. Twist and Hokie can also attest to this.

Not saying it's a no, but I'd be shocked if EA has the Heisman difficulty set where it isn't completely computer BS.

9. Dru50

I 100% agree that a good chunk of the rules/sliders/etc will have to be determined after the game is in hand, which is why I left a large piece of the rules as "TBD".

The rules I left in or amended were more standard sim rules about playcalling, good sportsmanship, questionable tactics, etc. I think a lot of that stays in regardless of the gameplay mechanics in the new game, since those fall on the side of strategy rather than gameplay.

I'd be fine with looking at the quarter lengths as well. In fact, I thought that 7 minutes was too long in 2010, and led to the need for a scoring cap when playing bad CPU teams. Again, I think with a week to experiment with the game before named rosters are available we should be able to figure this stuff out.

10. Dru50

Guys, take a look at my proposed rules for disconnected games and give me your thoughts. My preference is to remove the question marks and have black and white rules to avoid confusion, especially in the case where myself or Perry aren't available to moderate a dispute.

Disconnected Games
    In the event of a disconnect, the following rules will apply:
    • If one team is ahead by at least a TD and at least one quarter has been played, the game shall be restarted assuming that the score and time remaining is the same as if the disconnect had not happened. For example, Team A is ahead 7-0 at the end of Q1 when the disconnect occurs. The game should be restarted, and Team B is assumed to be behind by 7 points with 3 quarters to play. The winning team will finish the game vs the CPU by chewing clock as much as possible.
    • If the teams are within 3 points or fewer with less than 2 quarters played, the game will be restarted from the beginning.
    • If the teams are within 3 points or fewer with at least a half played, the game will be restarted in accordance with the first example.

11. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

If you feel that's the best disconnect rule then I have no issues....

Only question I have is how do we finish the game chewing clock vs the CPU? Example if Me and you got disconnect at half and I was up by 28 points.... We restart the game and you score 24 points. So technically I would have won the game 28-24. But there is still a half left.... How do I chew the clock against the CPU while maintaining the lead?

12. Dru50

You should chew the clock as best you can while still getting the victory.

What I'm trying to say is don't use an opportunity to play a quarter vs the CPU to run up stats.

13. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

LOL.... HAHA... I hope I do not get any disconnects and then I'm winning after we play the quarters.... I can see myself blowing a lead to the CPU and then losing a game I technically won!! Talk about a depressing post-game write up.

14. Dru50

Ideally your opponent will stay in the restart game to enable you both to chew clock and end the game. Communication as always is key.

15. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

That's fair.... I maybe being overly optimistic and putting too much into the demo. I've never downloaded NCAA demo's before so I don't know how they played. I agree with Superhuman CPU on past Heisman levels. When I played past versions of the game it took me time to be competitive against the CPU on AA. But the demo was the opposite... which was weird and why I started my potential Heisman lobbying.

Regardless I know once the game is released whatever is best will be worked out across the board, so I have no worries.