2011 - Early discussion

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by Dru50, May 11, 2010.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

2011 - Early discussion

I want to start the discussions on the league setup for 2011. As far as I am aware of today, this league lineup isn't changing, but final word from site leadership hasn't come down yet.

For now, please post here if you have purchased a membership for 2011 and what type (ie - lifetime or one year).

If you have purchased a one year membership, please post any other leagues you plan on participating in next year in addition to this one since a one year membership only allows you to participate in one premier dynasty. If you are in another potentially premier dynasty for 2011 you will need to pick which one you want to stay in.

If you have not purchased a membership at all, you will not be able to participate in Trifecta next year, and again, that will be helpful to know.

2. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I purchased the lifetime. I'm planning on staying in this league.

3. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Lifetime

4. Dru50

Gators, I think you've previously talked about the possibility of not playing in multiple OD's next year. Is your plan to stay in Trifecta for next season in addition to Southern Exposure?

5. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Yearly but I'll most likely fork out the lifetime cash soon. Might have to cut my OD's from 3 down to 2 (new baby due in early July). I'll play it by ear but I plan on sticking around.

6. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

lifetime here. But you know my situation as far as all this goes Dru.

7. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

No membership...I have no idea what will be considered a premier league for 2011 so I might get bullied into forking up some cash

8. Dru50

Better get on that ASAP Leon, as far as I'm aware Trifecta will be premier next year and I believe Noles plans on taking C2C there as well.

9. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Not sure what I'm going to do yet. I'll likely cut down to one OD for NCAA, maybe 2. I'm waiting to hear on the 2011 lineup and if the `11 game will have a co-commish option for ODs. If it doesn't, I'm not sure if I'll have the time to commish again with work and everything.

What I'd like to see is a group of solid users get involved in a single dynasty that would have priority and advance at a faster pace than 72 hours on average. However, still have the 72 hour time frame for when things come up. I like the way T1 and T2 are ran. Majority of those guys only play in one league and they contribute their time to those leagues and teams and that's what makes those leagues awesome. Obviously some people have more time on their hands than others so playing in multiple leagues works for some people. However, I just don't think the storylines of the players and teams become as developed when you're in multiple dynasties. I bet if you asked some of the guys in T1 and T2 to fill out their depth chart on a piece of paper they could do it and go 2 deep plus, know the top recruits they are after. If you asked guys that play in multiple leagues, I'd imagine they don't know the names of half their starters.

Plus, playing in multiple dynasties slows things down. When you have to play two user games for seperate leagues it can get tough to schedule things and one league will inevitably get slowed down. I'd rather see a league go faster and make it through 10 seasons then play in two leagues that only get through 5 a piece. It would make for better storylines and a deeper dynasty.

The only way this dynasty will truly be premiere is for guys to treat it like their #1 dynasty. I don't think I've slowed the dynasty down so far this year, but using myself as an example, this isn't my first dynasty priority right now because I have my favorite team and am commissioning another dynasty. That creates a conflict. I want to change that for `11 by playing in one premiere dynasty and using the #1 choice team for me (take a guess haha). I think there's others in this league that are in the same boat as well.

Sorry for the essay, bored at work. I'll get off my soap box now.

10. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Membership: In progress..... which is no right now

Leagues: NCAA is the only game I really play, I go off on COD and baseball when I want to but NCAA is my #1. With that said, you all know I have played in multiple dynasties and want to but as much as I'll hate it I will be cutting down to......... "cringes teeth" 1 or 2.

C2C is my second girlfriend and I have a lot of stuff to input still for that league. That leaves me with Trifecta, SE and on the T1 waitlist since I will step aside for Juggalo when he returns.

Cliffnotes:
    No membership
    cut down on dynasties
    I really dont know what I will do for next year.

11. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I plan on getting a lifetime membership before 11 drops.

I plan on playing in TF4 and C2C for sure. Im not quite sure about The Trifecta yet... I guess it depends on the setup, teams available, and my girlfriend LOL

I also want to run a side-league that advances crazy fast... at least once or twice a day so I may only do 2 other ODs(TF4 and C2C).

if I end up doing that, Trifecta may be going the way of Old Yeller...

12. Dru50

Thanks for the responses.

All in all, so far the prospects for this OD don't look all that rosy for 2011. About 1/3 of the group seems like they will be leaving Trifecta for next season, so pending what Drifter and Ryno elect to do with a potential reorganization of the premier dynasties this OD probably won't continue as currently structured.

Those of you who haven't piped in, please do so, that way I can give Drifter an accurate count of who is in and out for next year.

13. marcman777

marcman777 Walk On

I plan on stayin put. This is my only dynasty right now and i love it.

14. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

I am a lifetime subscriber and plan on being in Trifecta next year.

15. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I don't think we'll have a problem filling up those 3 or 4 spots with other solid members. I think we can plan on this core group being together dru....I wouldn't be surprised if Hippo came back, for example.

16. sreese

sreese Walk On

guys sorry to sorta but in here, but im very interested in this league. I was wondering if you have a waiting list and if so where do i sign up for it? Hope im not an idiot but ive searched high and low.

17. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

You're all fine man.

You would want to talk to Dru 50, who is the commissioner of this league. He would be able to tell you how to go about getting in. We are winding down on this years game, and I believe this is our last season, so if you wanted in, it would have to be for NCAA11 I would imagine.

But Dru would be able to tell you for sure. Welcome to Tradition Football.

18. Dru50

Sreese, I will keep you in mind once site management determines the plan for structuring the remaining premiere OD's (including this one).

Thanks

19. sreese

sreese Walk On

Thanks guys for the replies and the info. Ill make sure i stay active around here, so i can keep up with what is going on.