2011 Florida Gators Results

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by tooofick, Dec 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tooofick

tooofick Walk On

Next Saturday... FSU will be having huge cocks (and sacks) in your backfield all day!!!

Prepare to be blitzed!

2. Brian202202

Brian202202 Walk On

Oh hey little brother... is that you? ;)

3. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Love the rivalry stuff going on here! I'm predicting Florida State by 3 ;)

4. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

5. tooofick

tooofick Walk On

Little brother? Let me give you a quick history lesson. The school you coach was originally named Florida Agriculture College. Yes, the FAG.

6. Brian202202

Brian202202 Walk On

Am I blind or is Florida Agricultural College abbreviated F.A.C. lol

7. tooofick

tooofick Walk On

Good point...
    Florida Agricultural Gollege!

8. tooofick

tooofick Walk On

Basically, dude.. guck the fators!

9. Brian202202

Brian202202 Walk On

First of all the only one who can beat my team is me! lmao

But I love that this game is FSU's superbowl... must suck being the 3rd best program in the state... oh wait I forgot to count USF lol... 3rd 1/2

I'm already bowl elligible so it matters not :cool:

10. tooofick

tooofick Walk On

shaking my head...

Yall rednecks in Gaynusville aren't educmacted are ya?

What's your rank? (barely top 25)

What's my rank? (top 12)

I hope you have a lot of recruits coming to watch this game.

11. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

Bahaha,

You guys are seriously talking the smack right now. As long as its not personal then its all good :)

12. tooofick

tooofick Walk On

We just played. I think it wasn't personal, I hope it wasn't personal. If I offended you I'm sorry, homie. But gg today. Look forward to playing you again next year.. at DOAK!!! w/ my new 3 star recruits..haha

13. Gyrene76

what was the final score?

14. tooofick

tooofick Walk On

Check out FSU game summary..I wrote a report on it :)

15. Brian202202

Brian202202 Walk On

definitely not personal sir even after the loss... I knew I wasn't good when I signed up for the league lmao... but you guys cheese a lot........ like a lot lot... lol

but it's all good good game sir congrats

16. Gyrene76

whoa whoa, you guys plural?

I played you and I don't feel I cheesed at all. Would you care to explain man? Really would like to know because if someone is doing it then it needs addressed.

17. Brian202202

Brian202202 Walk On

You cheesed too sir. I can't recall specific tactics because we played a while ago. It's not an insult. People are naturally competitive. Most user players cheese in games... that's why I really don't play the games cause it turns into NFL Blitz instead of football. If it were up to me there wouldn’t be any user games in dynasties because user games are based almost exclusively on who is better at controlling players as a user (not the players' actual skill ratings) and even moreso who knows what shifts, sets, blocking schemes, routes, etc work the best… in the game… by exploiting the weaknesses of the programming… I'm definitely not saying you aren't a better player than me. You won our game. Tooofick won too... it's not sour grapes because I don't take games to heart...(especially when I know going into it that I'm not good lol) but you asked...

18. Gyrene76

Would you care to explain your definition of cheese Brian?

Have I practiced with plays and know what works better than others? The answer to that is yes. For example, I know ISO in I-Form is not as buggy as ISO in ACE.

However to say I cheesed is a big deal man. I never rocket caught, nano blitzed, short kickoff glitched, changed personnel from their native position (i.e. FS to LB), ran a play over-and-over. When I got up 28-7 I ran clock on conservative and turned down the pressure greatly.

Now, I'm not mad, but I disagree that I cheesed. Does cheese happen yes, and is the game faulty, yes, but its faulty for everyone. One user doesn't get an advantage over another unless they manually change things.

19. Brian202202

Brian202202 Walk On

I’m not knocking it… you had more offensive yards than me… more stops on D than me… probably more special teams yards than me… you know what exploitations works better in the game than me and how to control the players better than me as a user…

Like you said... the game is faulty for everyone... and also like you said... you have practiced with plays and know what works better than others... which formations are buggy etc.

Now am I to believe that you only use your discovery of bugs for the purpose of avoiding them... and never use those discoveries to your advantage? That would be contradictory to human nature.

You really only illustrated what I said before:

"User games are based almost exclusively on who is better at controlling players as a user but moreso who knows what shifts, sets, blocking schemes, routes, etc work the best… in the game… by exploiting the weaknesses of the programming…"

Do all users have equal opportunity to learn those things? Yes. Is it a level playing field? Yes. If all users tried to learn those things would some users learn and execute them better than others and excel? Yes.

If taking the time to learn all that stuff is your thing more power to you… It's just not mine... I don’t claim to be good at “in-game” gameplay… I very rarely play games against the computer or other users… because it’s not fun to me… You are definitely the better player. Dude I lost to the computer… Kentucky… with Florida… lol

I purchased the game because I like football and also strategic, objective based challenge games. I don't really get into the "in-game" play because it's only sort of footballesque. And I would be first to say that learning and then executing strategies to defeat the AI as well as opposing users is a strategic exercise and part of pretty much any video game. The limited AI capacity makes it so that a user can learn how to beat the machine. It's just not my cup of tea in the "in-game" format so I haven't done my homework in that area so to speak.

I like the recruiting/roster building part of the game (which probably has its own flaws). I've learned kind of what works well in landing recruits. That doesn't mean what I do is anything remotely like what Bob Stoops does when he's trying to get a kid to come to his school and that the virtue of realism is present in recruiting/roster building parts of the game. Recruiting in the game is certainly only footballesque at best. I'm simply saying that playing that part of the game (buggy/flawed/exploitable/ or not) is more compelling than me to playing the buggy/flawed/exploitable "in-game" parts of the game.

20. tooofick

tooofick Walk On

Brian, you are clearly talking over your head. The fundamental elements of this website is all about non-cheesing.

For you cheesing is a player doing anything "user." You took the safety and picked me off, that's unrealistic. You took the LB and made a tackle, that's unrealistic. Bla, bla, bla. You threw it deep everytime there was 1on1 coverage and you user caught it on my guy, that's unrealistic.

Then when it comes to other things like recruiting - Well, I know it's not identical, but since I'm good at it and essentially have it "figured out" it's ok.

Gyrene laid out a good foundation for what cheese is and I know I didn't cheese on you and I'm guessing Gyrene didn't either. So, don't come on here and say, "I don't care about this game, you're a cheeser.... virgin... get a life.." etc..etc.. That's newb stuff. It's easy when you suck to sit back and say, "I don't care, it's for fun, I have a life." But it really accomplishes nothing. Because at the end of the day I know I'm just smarter than you are when it comes to playing NCAA10 as you mentioned and it doesn't affect whether or not my life outside of NCAA10 is good or not. I'm sure there are tons of kids who play NCAA10 who suck and have sucky lives. Don't generalize that everyone who beats you is a cheeser and doesn't have a life, because they've practiced the game before. Everyone has different hobbies and if one of their hobbies is playing NCAA10 - good for them.

So, I'm not expecting or wanting a reply of - "haha, you're such a n00b virgin. you practice ncaa10. you suck. all you did was user pick me and then run the ball and then throw the ball and then do me like a school girl. you are a n00b and you need to get a life." Just take it as a lesson learned. We're not cheesers. Take it from guys who know the game.

21. Brian202202

Brian202202 Walk On

You may very well be smarter than me in playing NCAA 10. I'll have to dust that bad boy off since it came out a couple years ago and see what's what. No disrespect but I am clearly not the one in over my head in this discussion.

When I saw you practicing the other day I was just joking... innocent ribbing when I sent you the message "I see you over there practicing lol"

I didn't say you're a virgin or get a life etc. I never said what you do inside of NCAA 11 affects whether your life. I never said my life is better or more interesting than anyone's on here or took the discussion beyond anything other than NCAA 11. I specifically stayed out of the "who are you post" because to me it seems like a look at me attention whoring type deal I'm not trying to run off a list of awards or degrees or where I played or what schools I got offers from or what I do for a living and in my free time because none of that is in the game. None of that is why we are here.

I didn't make any personal attacks regarding anything outside of the game at all. And I never proposed that there is a correlation between mastering the cheese elements of the game and not having anything else going on. For all we know one of the richest men in the world is sitting in his palatial estate overlooking the ocean getting oral by 2 10's as he hones in on bugs in the ace set in practice mode. So let's get that out of the way early because none of it was said and none of it is on the table. This board is really about the game not the people playing it.

So let's get to that. As you pointed out:

The Mission Statement of the website is creating a sim football experience. You said that at the top. That does not mean that goal has been realized. Drafting a Mission Statement does not equal mission accomplished. I for one wish it did. I would have accomplished a lot more missions in life than I have for sure.

The game cannot be sim when there are human elements working against one another to win a game because few gamers are going to aim for sim
    (the non-tabulated element) in favor of the tabulated element of score. That being said their will never be fully "sim" games but we can try to move in a more sim direction and I think this league has done that I would say the gameplay in our league is more "sim" than what you run into online in non-league games.

I said you cheesed in the game which you did. If one of your hobbies is cheesing in NCAA 11 that's fine I don't look down on it and made no ad-hominem on your life outside of NCAA 11 which I know nothing and want to know nothing about. I even gave you credit and said that it required strategy and effort on your part because it does.

I also clearly made the distinction in my post with regard to being good at "in-game" play as two separate things, cheesing on one hand an one being doing anything "user" i.e. some users will make better cuts, angles in pursuit, etc. on the joystick. I conceded that you are probably better than me at that part of the game as well. That part of the game is not really cheese, it's user joystick proficiency. But to me sim means... if my Running Back is a 90 he runs the counter tre as a 90 not as I run it with it basically turning him into a 76 because I don't run in the lines he would have, cut when he would have, thrown the right juke that he would have. That's not sim, that's manipulating the universe. Another reason why user games will never be "sim" The 90 needs to be a 90. Not the 76 I make him. Nor the 94 a good joystick guy makes him.

However, Mayor McCheese since you're so intent on saying you did nothing... there are many documented incidents of cheese in the game we played. On every defensive play you shifted into some corny formation… you controlled the same player on every defensive play as well and played 20 yards deep at safety at times… you even controlled players other than the return man on punts lol… On every kickoff you took the outside man ran him out of bounds then took the man next to him… You relied totally on glitch… For example you bit horribly on play action and still used the turbo button ran back and caught the pick lol… You took 18 step drops and threw to the same hot routes… slants to the same guy over and over… You also continuously pitched on the option while the quarterback was being tackled… I mean you did a lot of things that are supposedly against the “sim” rules of the league This is not cheese by my definition this is cheese by the letter of the rules. But that’s fine with me… Why did you do all of these things? Because they work well in the video game. More power to you. It makes you smarter than me at the video game. Sometimes when I'm at the bar on trivia night I google the answers on my blackberry. It makes me smarter at bar trivia than those who don't do so. I wasn't going to report you because like I said most if not all users do it… which is why I really don’t get the point of user games… I rarely call or play the defensive plays and am happy to run the clock down when I'm on offense so that I waste the least amount of our my time lol.

I don't suck at the game either. I prefer the recruiting aspect and to sim the games that’s just me and what I find fun… you obviously do not find that part of the game fun because you’re being out-recruited by Northwestern and UCF… whereas I’m out-recruiting the whole league… You’re good at the part you like I’m good at the part I like…people usually do better at things they find more compelling. Just take it as a lesson learned. Take it from the guy who knows the game.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Gyrene76

Ego Mania smack down here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.