2011 Florida State Results

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by tooofick, Dec 13, 2010.

1. tooofick

tooofick Walk On

FSU started off the game by deferring as they prefer to do. This strategy worked beautifully as the defense was able to get a stop on NC State’s 1st offensive drive.
    FSU was able to score on their first two drives and take a 14-0 lead early. However, NC state was able to rally before half and close the gap to 14-10.
    The game stayed close until late in the 3rd when a pick 6 followed by a NC State 3 and out lead to FSU score on a 7minute running only drive led by FSU’s runningback by committee. After Thompsons 17 yard scamper FSU cruised midway through the 4th w/ a 35-10 lead. The game ended this same way 35-10.
    GO NOLES!!!

2. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

Good first win man...the Noles looking to lock down the ACC.

3. tooofick

tooofick Walk On

I got Clemson (user game!) this week. So, altho I'm out of ACC title shot, this week will still be fun and a good step toward a better bowl game and set the tone for the ACC next year too!

4. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

yeah joining late in a league where I couldn't win the conference title, but you better believe I tried to win out!

5. tooofick

tooofick Walk On

Today marked the first game back for FSU’s best RB Jermaine Thomas, and Thomas definitely made his mark on the game.

Clemson won the coin toss and elected to receive and receive they did. They received a gift running the opening kickoff TD.
    On the ensuing kick the Seminole of Florida State fumbled which set up Clemson for a go ahead TD. FSU found themselves down early 14-0 w/ 7minutes left to go in the 1st quarter!

A good balance of the RB by committee led FSU on 3 long scoring drives as FSU was able to score 3 unanswered TD’s put the Noles up 21-14 at the end of the 1st quarter.
    1st play of 2nd quarter had Thomas hit 100yards rushing yards for the day. Thompson not to be out done took the next carry to the house to give him 75 yards rushing in the 1st half.

The Seminoles were able to stay strong and had a comfortable 45-21 lead going into the 4th.

Backup Clint Trickett 47 yard long run sets up 3rd string RB, Ty Jones to put the icing on the cake at 2:08 left from 5 yards out Jones runs in to give the Noles a 52-21 lead.

The Noles get their 4th pick of the day, Clint Trickett comes out for the victory formation and the game ends 52-21.

The three headed running attack of the Noles:
    Thomas -138yards
    Thompson – 122yards
    Jones – 61 yards

Not to be outdone by all the running EJ Manuel had a decent throwing game going 13 of 17 in rainy conditions and also throwing three TD passes for a QB rating of 200.4

Defensively Parks the Noles FS showed up huge w/ 5tackles and 3 interceptions.

It’s a good day to be a Nole as they have turned it on late to get into good bowl position. The Seminoles are now 8-3 as they head into their final game of the season vs. their in state arch rival the University of Florida. Guck the Fators. GO NOLES!

6. tooofick

tooofick Walk On

As with everything in Gaynusville there were delays because of crappy everything. Today’s battle between #13 FSU and #25 UF was no different. After both teams were on the field and ready to play there was a 10 minute delay due to “unforeseen” sprinkler settings. Many believe this was just a typical UF scam to get FSU off their game plan. However, their plan although it was put together by fools, it was definitely not fool proof.

FSU jumped out early on the 2nd play of the game. A 53 yard option keeper by Manuel 7-0. 7:27left

By the end of 1st quarter it was 21-0 FSU and they were cruising.

UF managed to score on their last drive before half making it 35-7 before half.

FSU went cruise control for the 2nd half and held on for another big win 38-14. Coach Tooofick is leaving his mark as a team to be reckoned with. After the game coach Tooofick was quoted as saying, “we came, we saw, we conquered.” While this is the last game for the Noles this season they still have an outside shot for a BCS at large bid. I do know this about the Noles, whoever they play in a bowl game, they’re going to as the new coach loves to say – “go MESS someone’s day up!”

GO NOLES!

7. Brian202202

Brian202202 Walk On

Congrats on the win! Didn't mess my day up though I'm still going bowling!

8. tooofick

tooofick Walk On

Haha. Are you a good bowler?

9. Brian202202

Brian202202 Walk On

depends who I'm playing... I'm hoping a Mac team. I can beat Vandy and unders.

irl no lol hate bowling I have bad hands hurts too much to clench the dam ball