2011 Freshman Focus - Early Edition

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by recchem2000, Jun 24, 2011.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Recruiting Rankings via Scout.Com...Just some guys to watch for in the upcoming seasons.

USC Trojans #4 Recruiting Class
    [​IMG]
    • Top 100 – 4
    • :5stars: – 1
    • :4stars: – 13
    • :3stars: – 10
    Highest Ranked Recruit
    [​IMG]
    George Farmer WR #3 (#27 Overall) :5stars: 6’2”, 210 lbs, 4.38 40 time
    Junipero Serra High School, Gardena, CA

The ideal combination of size and speed, Farmer is one of the top athletes in the country. He's a 10.6 100 meters at over 200 pounds. He logs some time on defense as well for his Serra team. He can run by anyone on the field, but he has a tendency to drop passes he shouldn't. He's capable of making the spectacular play, but missing on the simple one. Once he becomes more consistent, he will be the total package at receiver - Scott Kennedy

USC Recruiting Page - http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=8&toinid=736&yr=2011

Ohio State Buckeys #5 Recruiting Class
    [​IMG]
    • Top 100 – 8
    • :5stars: – 3
    • :4stars: – 11
    • :3stars: – 8
    Highest Ranked Recruit
    [​IMG]
    Curtis Grant OLB #1 (#19 Overall) :5stars: 6’3”, 225 lbs, 4.66 40 time
    Hermitage High School, Richmond, VA

Plays inside for his Hermitage team. He has the frame of an outside linebacker, but the toughness and pad level to stay inside should he fill out during his college years. He has good instincts and has excellent vision to spot the play in advance and once its underway. Exceptional closing speed for a big linebacker and does a good job in the passing game whether its in coverage or containing the quarterback - Scott Kennedy, Scout.com.

Ohio State Recruiting Page - http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=8&toinid=687&yr=2011

Cal Golden Bears #15 Recruiting Class
    [​IMG]
    • Top 100 – 3
    • :4stars: – 8
    • :3stars: – 11
    Highest Ranked Recruit
    [​IMG]
    Viliami Moala DT #2 (#14 Overall) :5stars: 6’3”, 340 lbs, 5.20 40 time
    Grant Union High School, Sacramento, CA

Moala is a compact run stuffing defensive tackle / nose guard, but his quickness off the ball allows him to be involved in making plays behind the line of scrimmage. He has the ability to be by a center before he's even gotten set after snapping the ball. Moala is a space eater inside, but his quickness makes him more than just a double team occupier; he can dictate the action in front of him - Scott Kennedy, Scout.com.

Cal Recruiting Page - http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=8&toinid=731&yr=2011

Stanford Cardinal #18 Recruiting Class
    [​IMG]
    • Top 100 – 1
    • :5stars: – 0
    • :4stars: – 7
    • :3stars: – 12
    Highest Ranked Recruit
    [​IMG]
    James Vaughters MLB#7 (#97 Overall) :4stars: 6’2”, 232 lbs, 4.55 40 time
    Tucker High School, Tucker, GA

Vaughters has natural size and ability that will make him a national recruit. He could end up at linebacker or defensive end on the next level. His strength, athleticism, and discipline are three very big strengths of his. He still could grow into a defensive end and that is where he plays now, so if he moves to LB in college, he will need to work on dropping back in coverage and shedding blocks on the second level. - Chad Simmons

Stanford Recruiting Page - http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=8&toinid=734&yr=2011

Michigan Wolverines #24 Recruiting Class
    [​IMG]
    • Top 100 – 1
    • :4stars:– 5
    • :3stars: – 15
    Highest Ranked Recruit
    [​IMG]
    Brennan Beyer DE #12 (#76 Overall) :4stars: 6’4”, 218 lbs, 4.70 40 time
    Plymouth High School, Canton, MI

Beyer overwhelms offensive linemen with his initial burst off the ball and his hands are so quick, it must appear to the linemen that there's simply a flurry of movement in his face. Beyer has a terrific frame and sometimes seems to be made of elastic as he's able to lay out and contort his body to get a ball carrier trying to elude him. Simply needs to add weight and continue to get stronger to be a dominant defender - Scott Kennedy, Scout.com

Michigan Recruiting Page - http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=8&toinid=683&yr=2011

Nebraska Cornhuskers #25 Recruiting Class
    [​IMG]
    • Top 100 – 3
    • :4stars: – 7
    • :3stars: – 7
    Highest Ranked Recruit
    [​IMG]
    Aaron Green HB #6 (#31 Overall) :5stars: 5’11”, 185 lbs, 4.48 40 time
    Madison High School, San Antonio, TX

Green is a complete back. With the exception of his size, Green is everything you look for in an elite back. He has excellent acceleration, maintains good top end speed, has the ability to shift gears and change direction at the drop of a dime. And because of his low center of gravity he has phenomenal balance.

Nebraska Recruiting Page - http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=8&toinid=665&yr=2011

Penn State Nittany Lions #34 Recruiting Class
    [​IMG]
    • Top 100 – 2
    • :4stars:– 6
    • :3stars: – 9
    Highest Ranked Recruit
    [​IMG]
    Angelo Mangiro G #3 (#72 Overall) :4stars: 6’3”, 295 lbs, 5.20 40 time
    Roxbury High School, Succasunna, NJ

Mangiro has a prototypical guard build with a huge lower body. He plays with a wide base, explodes with his lower body and hips and brings a big hand punch into the defender to knock them back. Very powerful in the running game and is great on the goal line. Has very solid feet and looks natural in the open field blocking in space. Has a nasty streak and will play to and past the whistle at times. Didn't play much pass pro in HS. - Matt Alkire

Penn State Recruiting Page - http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=8&toinid=688&yr=2011

Wisconsin Badgers #36 Recruiting Class
    [​IMG]
    • Top 100 – 0
    • :4stars: – 1
    • :3stars: – 17
    Highest Ranked Recruit
    [​IMG]
    Jake Keefer OLB #22 (#295 Overall) :4stars: 6’4”, 200 lbs, no 40 time listed
    Baldwin Woodville High School, Baldwin, WI

There's a divergence of opinion on the talent level of Wisconsin's Jake Keefer. He's a 4-star prospect ranked as the No. 10 outside linebacker on Rivals and a 3-star prospect ranked as the No. 43 outside linebacker on Scout.
    After watching the film the jury is still out on Keefer on this end, but there's definitely a lot of potential. He plays mostly from a middle linebacker spot in high school, but spends a lot of time blitzing or dropping back into coverage.
    Those are the characteristics of an outside linebacker on the next level.
    Keefer has good instincts, a very nice burst off the ball, and good pursuit skills on the edges. He also can lay a licking on a ball-carrier in open space and has solid tackling form.

Wisconsin Recruiting Page - http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=8&toinid=690&yr=2011

UCLA Bruins #53 Recruiting Class
    [​IMG]
    • Top 100 – 1
    • :3stars: – 8
    Highest Ranked Recruit
    [​IMG]
    Brett Hundley QB #3 (#39 Overall) :5stars: 6’4”, 217 lbs, 4.65 40 time
    Chandler High School, Chandler, AZ

A big, strong quarterback with exceptional footwork and balance. With his combination of size and strength as a runner, he's tough to knock off of his feet or to wrap up as he pulls through tacklers. Has a bit of a wind-up in his release that seems to disappear when he throws on the run. Has good arm strength and shows good touch on deep passes to compliment the good touch he puts on the ball while on a bootleg - Scott Kennedy, Scout.com.

UCLA Recruiting Page - http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=8&toinid=735&yr=2011

Northwestern Wildcats #56 Recruiting Class
    [​IMG]
    • Top 100 – 0
    • :4stars: – 0
    • :3stars: - 15
    Highest Ranked Recruit
    [​IMG]
    Jordan Perkins HB #35 (Not Ranked in the Top 300) :3stars:6'0", 180 lbs, 4.53 40 time
    Lodi High School, Lodi, CA.

Perkins is a strong and sturdy downhill runner with good production on the ground and between the tackles. Has good body structure at the position. Well-built and should continue to add size and develop very good body structure for the position at the next level.

Washington State Cougars #60 Recruiting Class
    [​IMG]
    • Top 100 – 0
    • :5stars: - 0
    Highest Ranked Recruit
    [​IMG]
    Chester Sua OLB #15 (Not Ranked in top 300) :4stars: 6’2”, 217 lbs, 4.50 40 time
    Kaimuki High School, Honolulu, HI

Sorry Cougs, I couldn't find anything on this guy :(

Washington State Recruiting Page - http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=8&toinid=738&yr=2011

Arizona State Sun Devils #64 Recruiting Class
    [​IMG]
    • Top 100 – 0
    Highest Ranked Recruit
    [​IMG]
    Michael Eubank QB #18 (#297 Overall) :4stars: 6’5”, 220 lbs, no 40 time listed
    Centennial High School, Corona, CA

Eubanks possesses great size at the quarterback position. He is tall at 6’5 with a large frame. He is athletic in and outside the pocket with good running ability. He has a long, winding throwing motion similar to Tim Tebow’s at Florida which can possibly hurt him in the future. He can make hash-to-hash throws with his strong arm. He plays in a spread offense so his future in a pro-style will be in question as he enters the collegiate

Arizona State Recruiting Page - http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=8&toinid=730&yr=2011

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Nice work!

3. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Shit, I guess I need new logos...anyone know a good site to use?

Nevermind, hopefully these work better.

4. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

5. sibellius

sibellius Too legit to quit

This is awesome.....but damn what a shitty class for ASU this year.

6. Dru50

OK, recchem2000, I suppose you talked me into keeping USC.:D

7. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

recchem2000

I think the Cougs have a stud TE coming in from the state of Florida. Of course that might have been last year, and when I say stud that means average to everyone else.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Yes! Girst win vs Stanford already!

9. Cheez

are you really gonna claim a victory for something Tedford did?

Also, it's not gonna matter when we beat Cal by thirty on November 19

10. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Great write up.

I'll do the Power Rankings then.

Hopefully I can develop talent as well as the Badgers do in real life. I've always said that if they could get the kids that the Texas' and Florida's get they would never lose a game.

Also sibellius I live in Phoenix and if ASU had only grabbed a few of the top prospects from in state the last year you would be stacked. Last year alone the #1 OL and #3 QB left for out of state schools. Even the unheralded guys leave state, I guess they can get this elsewhere? Dumbasses.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And she took the pictures!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

I think this is my best post ever, and so begins the pictures of super hot Pacific Coast chicks! Thumbs up people, it's for real now.

• Like Like x 2
  11. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I think these 2 are ASU prospects as well...
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I may never leave this page ever.

13. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Yup.

14. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Cheez Jayrah

You already have five different topics in this league where you can talk smack, including your own smack talk dedicated forum. Please don't pollute this forum, I think that what Rech is trying to do here with the whole freshman profile, and I may be wrong, is focus on the ladies. So think like this guy...

[​IMG]

and post some of these....

[​IMG]

I couldn't find anything good for Cal so.....

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. Cheez

Stanford = sexy
    "Cal" = slutty.

And the win goes to - EVERYONE!

16. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

As I say, I don't know how ASU and Arizona isn't ranked in the Top 10 every year. If I am 18 and a stud athlete I would seriously consider those two schools. The weather is hot, and the women wear next to nothing.

17. Dru50

Hey look - I found a photo of a Wisconsin co-ed:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  18. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Thread killer!!!!

19. sibellius

sibellius Too legit to quit

If there were a Pac-12 title for sluttiest whore bags, ASU would dominate that shit every year.

20. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Updated to get rid of ND and add Northwestern. Im tempted to put Utah's stuff up but I don't want to sway Dru's choice one way or the other :)

21. Cheez

i already made my attempt to sway him, now you do your part.

also, im beating the hell out of notre dame as we speak (45-27 in the 4th), will advance N.O. within the hour