2011 Freshmen of the Week

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by White Walkers, Jul 19, 2011.

1. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

14.jpg

WEEK 1

The 2011's first NCAA Freshman of the Week award goes to Clemson University's up and coming, sensational HB Mike Bellamy. With a game that was not going the way Clemson would have like Mike Bellamy finally showed the Clemson Nation and the College Football Nation what he's all about. His sensational performance that consisted of only 11 carries for a whopping 156 yards led the Tigers to their first win of the season. Bellamy averaged 14.1 yards per carry and had 2 runs of 20 or more yards. His longest run of the game went for 71 yards. Bellamy scored his first TD as a Tiger and looks to build on week 1's success and hopefully get a few touches next week. Dabo Swiney would be an idiot not to give him at least 10 touches. Congratulations to Mike Bellamy for winning the Freshamn of the Week award for week 1. Good luck next week.​

2. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Bellamy and Watkins are gonna be fun to play with the next 3 to 4 years.

3. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

I would say the same with lattimore but I'm not going to see him for 11 weeks.

4. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

It sucks man, I have Lache Seastrunk and I want to get him some time on the field, but outside of kick returns I don't know how with James and Barner. Next year with DeAnthony Thomas is going to such too.

5. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

I thought it was a torn bicep??

[​IMG]

6. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

7. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

oh haha i was on my phone and didnt see the picture until now.

8. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

10.jpg

WEEK 2

This weeks Freshman of the Week honors goes to Miami's CB T. Finnie. He had an absolute breathtaking day with an interception return for a TD of 38 yards. He accumulated 4 solo tackles and was involed in 4 other tackles as well. Finnie also had a forced fumble. His heroism on the gridiron brought the Hurricanes together and created a team chemistry that hasn't been in Miami for a while. There is a lot of young talent on this Hurricane squad and they will be a force to be reckoned with. Congratulations to CB T. Finnie for winning this second weeks Freshamn of the Week award.​

9. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

10.jpg

WEEK 3

This weeks Freshman of the Week honors goes to 2010's number one prospect in the nation Jadeveon Clowney. He performed very well against his first ever SEC opponent. In a very close game against The University of Georgia Clowney led the defense with an energy the Bulldog fans will never experience again. Clowney had 6 total tackles: 4 solo and 2 assisted. He had 3 tackles for loss and 1 sack, as well as an important pass deflection. He abused to Georgia's QB and HB all game long and made them scared to pass or run to his side of the line. Jadeveon will be a force to be reckoned with for hopefully another 3 years after this one. South Carolina came out victorious against Georgia in their first SEC game on the early season. Go Gamecocks!​

10. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

9.jpg

WEEK 4

This weeks Freshman of the Week award goes to Ohio State's QB B. Miller. He had a underachieving performance however he threw 2 TD's and completed 6 for 12 for 121 yards passing. He also threw 2 interception. Don't look too much into these picks as this guys wil be a force to have to deal with down the road. He's young and inexperienced and will only get better. The only other thing he will need to work on is staying in the pocket too long and taking sacks. He needs to learn to throw the ball away a little more. Be that as it may, B. Miller will be a Heisman candidate if he stays for his Senior year. Congratulations again for winning this weeks Freshman of the Week award.​

11. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

8.jpg

WEEK 5

This weeks Freshman of the Weeks honors goes to Clemson University's HB Mike Bellamy. He had another historic run that while Clemson came away with a historic win. He touched the ball only 10 times but still managed to capture 97 yards and a TD. His long for the day was 83 yards. He had an average of 9.7 yards per arry and he had 1 reception for 3 yards. Clemson has something special here in Bellamy. He will be a stud in the ACC. Some have compared him to the famous Spiller. Can he live up to it? We shall see because it looks like Bellamy is a team player and stick around a long while. Congratulations to Mike Bellamy and the Clemon Tigers for a nice win against the Noles.​

12. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

4.png

WEEK 6

This weeks Freshman of the Week honors goes to Utah University's WR Scott. He sparked two 4th quarter TD's that led the team to an overtime victory. Without Scott Utah would most likely have lost this game. For the entire game Scott had 4 reception for 59 yards and 2 TD's. His most important one of the day left 13 seconds on the clock to end regulation and led them to their overtime victory. This means a lot from the team coming from a freshman. The Utah program has a lot to look forward to with their freshamn receiver. Congratulations again WR Scott for having a heroic game that led to victory.​

13. C Young

C Young Walk On

You know who is gonna get Freshman of the Year? USC 4th WR George Farmer - Cocky watch out!

14. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

We shall see. I'm keeping stats to decide at end of year.

15. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

5.jpg

WEEK 7

This weeks Frshamn of the Week award goes to The Nittany Lion's rising defensive star Dakota Royer. He's a LB with a 6'1" 232lbs frame who crushes ball carriers. He had a very nice performance with 9 total tackles. 5 of which were solo and 4 assisted. 3 were tackles for loss and 1 sack. Royer had a great game and one that can be built upon in the film room. He helped the Lions dismantle their opponent in a dominating fashion. Congratulations again to LB Dakota Royer for his outstanding performance in last weeks battle between the hedges.​

16. BigKing

Did you put a Penn State player up for Freshman of the week??????? Hell has indeed frozen over.

17. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

18. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Dude, I know bellamy has gotten it twice, but I think he had like 226 all purpose yards. :) Just sayin'.

19. BigKing

Isn't it about time you lose another ACC game???

20. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

I know you are waiting on that and it almost happend this morning. Playing on the road is just tough right now for Clemson. We won b/c of Mike Bellamy. He ran a reverse back like 56 yards in the last seconds of the game to put me up with about 19 seconds to go. That kid is good.

21. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

hmmm...i made sure i looked at his stats. i saw only like 57 yards rushing i believe...and only 1 catch for 11 yards....im looking now....wow clay my bad i didnt know he was your kick returner as well. I can tell everyone one thing right now though...

Freshman of the Year award leader is Clemson's HB Mike Bellamy.

Runners up are...

DE Jadeveon Clowney from South Carolina
    QB Miller from Ohio State
    QB Schreve from Utah

Thats at the top of my head. I will accumulate stats and Freshman of the Week awards at the end of the year to determine National Freshman of the Year award.

22. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

13.jpg

WEEK 8

This weeks Freshman of the Week award goes to Clemson University's stylish HB Mike Bellamy. Bellamy is making a name for himself to the rest of the nation. He is the front runner for National Freshman of the Year. His game that got him this weeks award was outstanding. He rushed 17 times for 105 yards and 2 TD's. He averaged 6.1 yards per carry. His longest run of the day was for 56 yards. He also had 1 reception for 17 yards. He also had 6 kick returns for 148 total yards and a 24.6 average. He also had 5 punt returns for 69 yards giving him a 13.8 average. Mike Bellamy is on his way to making the big bucks on Sundays. Congratulations again to HB Mike Bellamy for his great performance on Saturdays.​

23. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK

WEEK 9

If you feel you have a Freshamn who deserves this award this week let me know because from what I have seen of all your Freshman They didnt do smackdidlycrack on week 9.​

24. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

NFY1.jpg Who will the next years award be presented to?

National Freshman of the Year Award to be presented tomorrow. Who will it be?

25. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

11.jpg

!!!!Congratulations Clemson University's HB Mike Bellamy!!!!

HB Mike Bellamy wins the 2011 College Football Freshman of the Year Award. Mike Bellamy helped the Clemson Tigers win their first ACC Championship since 1991. Mike Bellamy and his 5'10" 185 lbs frame, from Lauderdale Lakes, FL will be a threat in the backfield for the Clemson Tigers for "hopefully" 3 more years if you were to ask a Tiger's fan. Stats below to show HB Mike Bellamy's journey through his first season with the Clemson Tigers.​

Stats

RUSHING
    160 attempts for 835 yards 9 TD's
    5.2 AVG
    Long - 83 yards
    8 rushes that went 20 or more yards

RECEIVING
    11 receptions for 150 yards 1 TD
    13.6 AVG
    Long - 39 yards

PUNT RETURN
    44 returns for 493 yards