2011 Hawkeye Report

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JCspartan2, Aug 26, 2010.

1. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

2011 Hawkeye Report

Iowa 44
    BYU 38

BYU lead for the majority of this one. Iowa's defense looked awful against the pass, and eventually broke down against the run as well. On offense, the running game struggled to get going all day, but eventually sealed the win for the Hawkeyes in OT.

HB Jewel Hampton struggled to find holes and rarely got passed the line of scrimmage without contact. Backup Brandon Wegher got limited carries, but made the most of them, throwing defenders off his back and getting the edge on LBs on his few runs. A change may be in order at HB, the Hawkeyes cannot continue to rely on the pass and their inconsistent QB Vandenburg to keep them in games.

2. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Iowa 28
    Purdue 24

Iowa won this game on a crazy play to end the game. Iowa was down 21-24 with 5 seconds left on the Iowa 40 yard line and just lost starting QB Vandenburg to injury. Going 5 wide, backup QB Derby, getting his first playing time of his career, forced a pass to WR McNutt in tight coverage over the middle and it looked like he would be stopped there and the game would be over, but McNutt shrugged the CB off and broke loose, then broke another tackle from the safety and ran it all the way home for a 60 yard winning TD as time expired.

Check out the highlight here, it's the only highlight worthy play I've had all season, but its a good one.

Game Ending Highlight

3. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Smellin them roses yet?

4. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Iowa 17
    OSU 22

I could do nothing to stop OSU's offense but got a few lucky fumbles, other wise this would have been a blowout. OSU's running back did not have a single carry in which he did not avoid or break the first tackle. He tore me apart. My running game never got going and there was no chance on me relying on the pass to win without my starting QB.

5. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Do you have any more conference games this season? Just wondering if I can still sneak out conference championship. :)