Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by hoodlum10, Oct 24, 2009.
2011 Heisman Race
Check back later for the first coverage of our Heisman race!
1. QB Dayne Crist(Notre Dame): The Junior signal caller from ND looks to build off his 34 TD performance of last year and lead his team to the Nat'l Title and maybe pick up some hardware of his own.
2. TE Kyle Rudolph(Notre Dame): The senior leader of the Fighting Irish has a combined 81 receptions for 1707 yards and 18 TD's the last 2 seasons.
3. RE Sam Montgomery(LSU): The sophomore pass rusher had 23 sacks for coach Shadow last season and he hopes to do what GT's Mike Edwards couldn't as a defensive player: win the heisman.
4. QB Russell Shepard(LSU): The junior QB did a magnificent job filling in for Jordan Jefferson last season.
5. QB Tate Forcier(Michigan): The junior QB is entering his third year as the starter and with a year of experience under his belt in the triple option he is poised for a breakout season as the leader of the Wolverines.
Sorry it's been a while but here is a update on the race for the Heisman Trophy.
1. HB Jamaal Berry(Ohio State)- The junior tailback racked up 237 yards on the ground for 3 TD last week against Northwestern.
2. QB Keviin Newsome(Penn State)- The junior signal caller accounted for over 500 yards of total offense and 4 TD's last week against Wisconsin
3. QB Terrelle Pryor(Ohio State)- The Buckeye senior has thrown for 10 TD's compared to 1 INT on the year.
4. TE Kyle Rudolph(Notre Dame)- The senior Golden Domer already has 9 TD's on the year.
5. WR AJ Pickens(Arizona St)- The only CPU player on the list, the junior has 31 rec for 597 yds and 9 TD's on the season for the Sun Devils.
Look out for Keviin Newsome. He has a tough road test @ Michigan. Lets see if he can continue producing big games.
WARREN NORMAN 350 YARDS 3TDS VS GEORGIA!!!!!!!!!!!
Who the hell is Warren Norman....lol
some yokel from vanderbilt i assume
Warren Norman is the 2011 Heisman winner.. there you heard it first.. Vandy with a Heisman winner!
We have seen our Heisman Board undergo some changes since the last update, here is how things currently stand.
1. TE Kyle Rudolph(Notre Dame): Coach Noknee's favorite target continues to dominate for the Golden Domers, posting 8 catches for 137 yds and 1 TD last week against Northwestern.
2. QB Keviin Newsome(Penn State): DirtyD's QB continues to lead the Nittany Lions on their quest for a national title. He has thrown 24 TD's compared to just 3 INT's this season.
3. WR Jameel Owens(Oklahoma): The senior wideout has come up big all year for Bob Stoops and Sooner Nation. He has 65 rec for 1042 yds and 8 TD's this season.
4. WR Aldarius Johnson(Miami): JCA's go to guy had another big game last week against UNC. The senior has 13 TD's this season.
5. WR Kirby Moore(Boise State): The junior Bronco has been huge out in Potato Land all year. He has 62 catches for 916 yds and 13 TD's on the year.
Also in the mix
RB Jason Mitchell(Alabama)
QB Dayne Crist(Notre Dame)
QB Terrelle Pryor(Ohio State)
NOTE: I personally am rooting for kirby, gotta love a white wideout named Kirby!!
Out of NoWhere comes Jermaine Thomas, with a big game against rival Clemson where he rushed for 276 yds and 4 TD's vaults to #2 on the Heisman list. He has a bye this week so hopefully that doesnt hurt as the Heisman board seems to be changing week by week.
Looks like Notre Dame may win the heisman for the 2nd straight season. Something crazy may happen but prior to advance TE Kyle Rudolph is the front-runner, followed by PSU QB Newsome.
I dont want to jinx it or anything but that would probably be the first ever Tight End to win the Heisman?
According to wikipedia Larry Kelley and Leon Hart were the only 2 tight ends to win the heisman...until now. Congratulations to Noknee and TE Kyle Rudolph on winning the Heisman!!
That can't happen often in tradition football dynasties where a TE wins the Heisman!
Back to back Heisman winners and possibly back to back #2 finishes, it's really too bad I can't beat OSU, haha.
Don't feel bad. I can't beat Michigan, LOL.
Separate names with a comma.