2011 Legacy Bowl Season

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

2011 Legacy Bowl Season

We are now into Bowl Season. We have 2 User games so get those threads up ASAP. I will be updating records sometime soon. The faster we advance the quicker we can get the offseason scheduled.

User Bowl Games:

Meineke Car Care Bowl
    #10 Va Tech (Pipehitter531) vs SMU

Brut Sun Bowl

Cal vs #21 Miami (Maslerboros16)

Outback Bowl
    Georgia (AbolishtheFed) vs #13 Michigan St

Capitol One Bowl
    South Carolina vs #12 Penn St (BraveJaf)

Rose Bowl
    #15 Iowa (JCSpartan2) vs #4 Oregon (Hokie Effect)

Alamo Bowl
    #7 Oklahoma vs #18 UCLA (FacePlant City)

Orange Bowl

#22 Florida St (Ceewo) vs #6 Auburn (D391)

Sugar Bowl

#3 Alabama (Cnic75) vs #8 Boise St

BCS Title Game
    #1 USC (HovathegodMC) vs #2 Cincinnati

Next ADV will be no later than Saturday Morning at 11 am EST. Hopefully Sooner though. GL.

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

Are you f-ing kidding, I got the damn Brut Sun again? Guess ill have to 2peat

3. Hova

LOL The BRUT MASTA

4. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Oranges whewwwwwww

5. Hova

Baxter has to cap off the season in CHAMPION fashion

6. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I will play my game tonight after I get home from work. Gonna pull Newsome very early if I get a lead.

7. FacePlant City

FacePlant City FacePlant City

Alamo Bowl

#18 UCLA - 31
    #7 Oklahoma - 10

Oklahoma came out flat at the start of this one and it pretty much cost them the game. UCLA would excel on offense with their first opportunities and would keep a 14-0 lead late into the second. Oklahoma finally got a running game going with their impact HB Calhoun (16 att, 111 yds) and found themselves in UCLA's red zone. At this point UCLA's stout defense would set the tone for the rest of the game and deny Oklahoma a much needed TD. Upon UCLA's next possession they would score off a 46 yard run by UCLA HB D. Thigpen (who ended with 2 TDs, and 94 yards off of 19 carries).

Kevin Prince played a solid game as always and so did his primary receiver Josh Smith (who scored the first TD for the Bruins)

Oklahoma would then fumble on the following kickoff and watch as UCLA would score yet again making the score 28-3 and lowering the hopes of the Sooners.

UCLA pretty much ran the clock out for the rest of the game trying to not to embarrass the Sooners.

Coach FacePlant City had this to comment:

"I am so proud of our boys for overcoming last year's bad season and playing to their true potential. What a huge win. I am excited to keep working with these players and making our team better every year"

8. NoleNBlue

NoleNBlue Walk On

the #10 team in the country gets the meineke car care bowl?

9. Hova

Ya thank boise for that one

10. NoleNBlue

NoleNBlue Walk On

Meineke Car Care Bowl:

#10 VT: 49
    SMU: 7

I took out my anger for getting this shit-tier bowl out on the 'Stangs. Was never even close as my o-line had my stable of backs running by flattened d-linemen all game. JuJu Clayton only threw 6 times but connected for 2 TD's. I went up early and pretty much just ran the clock the entire 2nd half. I pulled my starters at halftime. Darren Evans and Ryan Williams both went over the century mark.

11. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Kzoo, you listed wrong team when you posted your score. I was a bit confused when I read your summary.

Says :
    #18 NW - 31
    #7 Oklahoma - 10

12. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

Sugar Bowl

Alabama - 52
    Boise State - 7

Boise State was no match in this one. Alabama led 28-0 at the half. The defense was the difference. They forced 4 turnovers, increasing the led in turnover differential to +25. They also scored 3 TDs. Damion Square forced a fumble on a sack and then picked it up and rumbled to the house for six. Michael Bowman pickup up two fumbles forced by Dequan Menzie on kickoffs and returned them for scores. Phelon Jones was able to pick off Kellen Moore to increase his team leading interception total to 7 for the season.

On offense A.J. McCarron and Julio Jones led the way. McCarron went 19 for 26 for 267 yards with 1 TD and 1 interception. He finishes the season with the team records for both Passing Yards (3902) and Passing TDs (37). Jones finished the game with 6 catches for 96 yards and a score. He breaks three school season records; Receptions (89), Receiving Yards (1422), and Receiving TDs (14).

Alabama now gets ready for the offseason.

13. Hova

Lol Bama always destroys their bowl opponents

14. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Bama blows.... Did i just say that out loud

15. FacePlant City

FacePlant City FacePlant City

Whoops. Thanks, brave. My mind was stuck in The Rise.

16. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Penn State loses to an unranked South Carolina to finish off a very disappointing season, especially for a title team that returned most of its star players. This game was sloppy and Newsome threw 2 pick six touchdowns. Despite his problems the Nittany Lions still had a shot to win this game. Down 6 Penn State got the ball back with under 2 minutes left. They drove down inside the 10 yard line but it came down to a 4th and goal play. Newsome found Smith with a short curl but Smith couldn't get the extra few inches for the TD (see pic and highlight).

[​IMG]

Video: http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/38729555

South Carolina 23
    Penn State 17

17. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

damn. that was close.

18. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah if he wasn't 5'7 he may have scored a TD.

19. Masler

Masler Moderator

Cal 37

Miami 31

Well I lost when my TE is dancing in the endzone and for some reason Harris threw it out of bounds. I overcame a 3-24 deficit after our starting defense played like ass. Somehow we made it 34-31. We couldn't stop Cal from getting another 3 points and left us with 8 seconds. Benjamin would bring us within FG range but that wouldn't do it, so the play came down to 2 seconds and one shot. Sanders was so open and when I hit Y and Harris turned and threw it to the sideline I lost it...Sanders might have dropped it but that's better than throwing it out of bounds...soooo pissed...my team gets worse next year, look for me to focus on recruiting

20. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

brave, did the fans chant SEC - SEC - SEC after the game?

21. abolishthefed

Outback Bowl

Georgia 38
    #13 Michigan State 17

Georgia moves its record to 3-0 against Big Ten teams this year, blowing out Michigan State 38-17 in the Outback Bowl. The Bulldogs defense swarmed in the first half, limiting MSU to only 69 yards of offense. The Bulldog offense was balanced, with HBs Ealey and King splitting carries early, setting up playaction passing later in the half. Georgia scored on some long pass plays in the second half to keep the pressure on.

22. Hova

[​IMG]

"This game actually started out pretty scary for the Trojans as the Cincy offense was basically unstoppable. They kept running draws every play and I could do nothing about it. The HB has 163 YDS on 10 Attempts. Cincy put up 406 yards of total offense, but fell short to many times. The main difference was USC put up 602 yards of offense. Cincy basically sold out to stop baxter every play, blitzing the whole team and putting 9 in the box. Barkley would audible out of the run and there would be 3-4 guys wide open. Barkley would light them up all game long going 16-24 for 422 yards and 5 TDs. The WR corps was unstoppable all game. HB Baxter was also no slouch getting his game going late with a total of 141 yards and 3 TDs, capped by a 36 yard TD run late. HB M. Tyler also had 1 carry for 76 yards and a TD. Cincy had an awesome offense who could not put the ball in the endzone and a TERRIBLE defense. USC completely embarrasses them by exploiting their weakness all game long. The clock expired and the team stormed the field as confetti flew from the rafters. QB Matt Barkley jumped on the bench and triumphantly shook his fist as the Player of the Game and the QB of the world champion Trojans. LA is going nuts and Hova has his first title under his belt. Here is to many more in Southern LA!!!"

23. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Congrats Hova!! Way to pick on the little schools :)

24. Hova

Haha serves the lil bastards right

25. abolishthefed

Congrats on winning the title.