2011 Miami Hurricanes

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by williatr, Nov 24, 2010.

1. williatr

williatr Walk On

This is where to find everything about the Canes this year.

2. williatr

williatr Walk On

Miami starts the 2011 season on a high note defeating #24 Notre Dame 37-34. The Canes were in control the whole game until the fourth quarter when some turnovers turn the game around. It's obvious that the passing game of the Canes which they relied on a lot last year is not what it once was. Then Canes however, did come out victorious and have a great season ahead of them.

3. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

Good win bro...looks like it would've been a fun one to watch.

4. williatr

williatr Walk On

Thx man..it shouldn't have been that close.

5. williatr

williatr Walk On

Miami defeats maryland 38-21. Marylands passing offense destroyed the Canes. Their quaterback D. OBrien passed for 392 yards only missing 7 attempts. Then Canes did not have a good showing but didn't break. The great game of Travis Benjamin kept the game out of reach for the Terrapins. M. James also rushed for 183 yards. This was a better showing then last weeks win over Notre Dame. The Canes need to continue to get better each week. With the Florida State game right around the corner everyone needs to be clicking on the level.

6. williatr

williatr Walk On

Miami defeats USF 41-7 nothing really much to say here the game close in 1st quarter, but a disaster afterwards. Huge game from Travis Benjamin with 8 receptions for 166 yards and 3 TD's. Miami's passing game is still a struggle. Benjamin makes so many plays happen by himself which is definitely a plus. James rushed for 90 yards in the Canes win.

7. Gyrene76

Benjamin's a beast man

8. williatr

williatr Walk On

Yeah, he is small but so fast and explosive.

9. williatr

williatr Walk On

Miami beats Duke 55-14. The game was not even close. Duke had four fumbles and one was returned for a touchdown. Benjamin had his name all over this game returning punts, receiving. Most of his catches were for extremely long touchdowns the cornerbacks were not even close. Highsmith still struggles in passing the ball he has great numbers but because of benjamin.

10. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Thats a tough team you have there...

11. williatr

williatr Walk On

Thanks man.

12. williatr

williatr Walk On

Miami defeats Florida State 38-31 in a thriller. Miami was in control until the second have when turnovers hurt the Canes. Miami's accuracy at the quarterback position is really killing the Canes. These games could easily be blowouts with recievers wide open and the quarterbacks throwing the balls in the stands. Benjamin scored the game winning touchdown to show why he is a prime time player. This was a huge win for the Canes being it was the first ranked team they have faced since Notre Dame. The win was even sweeter because it came against the rival of the Canes Florida State. The Canes will keep working and moving forward each week.

13. williatr

williatr Walk On

Miami defeats Georgia Tech in a shutout 47-0. Turnovers killed Georgia Tech and every time they turned the ball over Telemaque was there to capitalize he had 3 fumble recoveries and 2 going for touchdowns. He also had 1 interception in the game. Telemaque was all over they field that was one of the most impressive games I had from a defensive player. Offensively Benjamin had another solid game with 6 catches 149 yds and 1 TD. Miller also had a great game rushing 26 times for 201 yds. The Canes are finally coming together as a team. It's exciting to see.

14. Gyrene76

Big turn around there from FSU to GA Tech. Nice win.

15. williatr

williatr Walk On

Thanks Man. The FSU game being so close was because of playcalling. I was up by two touchdowns and started getting away from my game. So I wanted to stick to my game plan this game.

16. williatr

williatr Walk On

Miami defeats North Carolina 38-24. The game was much closer than the score shows. The Canes were down 14 with 5 minutes left in the game, but ohhhhhh how the tables can turn. The Canes marched down and scored on a 25 yard touchdown pass to Travis Benjamin. The biggest play of the game came from Jordan Futch. The TarHeels were marching down the field and looking like they had they game won until a costly pick was thrown by the TarHeels which led to a Lamar Miller Touchdown to tie the game with 2:43 left in the game. From then on the Canes played the best defense of the season for them. Brandon Harris intercepted the ball again and returned it for a touchdown. The Canes would score four times in the last 3:50 of the game. This was one of the best comebacks I have ever had. I was so excited when I picked the ball off which led to the tie I ran fell off the couch hahahaha.......What a great game!

17. Gyrene76

North Carolina...they are usually a good squad. Sure they played you well. Is that a rivalry game?

18. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Nice... our sliders are making people sweat haha. I know I have been...

19. Gyrene76

haha, yeah, sliders are nice right now.

20. williatr

williatr Walk On

Miami defeats Virginia Tech 49-17 in what looked to be close the first half but ended horribly for the Hokies. What a game from Alonzo Highsmith who has been inaccurate a lot of the season. He went 16 of 24 for 339 yds and 4 touchdowns. Miller added 22 attempts for 176 yards on the ground and Heisman hopeful Travis Benjamin had 7 receptions for 172 yards. Great win for the Canes after the scared with North Carolina. Now all the Canes can do is keep winning and pray for a miracle in the BCS.

21. Gyrene76

pounding your rivals i see

22. williatr

williatr Walk On

haha, yeah I had to show em who's boss

23. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Nice win... I dont know how you guys do it... I struggle every single game.

24. williatr

williatr Walk On

Just go into practice and learn your plays. It will make you a better player.

25. williatr

williatr Walk On

Miami defeats Navy 63-7 nothing really to talk about here it was a clinic put on by the Canes. The Canes had 14 points before the offense even took the field. Miami still waits for a shake up in the BCS.