2011 Mid-Season RB Power Rankings

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by nikpin, Sep 3, 2010.

1. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

2011 Mid-Season RB Power Rankings

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    Rank Player Team (Career)Season Stats Reasoning Trending
    1 [​IMG]
    DD Kyles​
    [​IMG]MidTenn State​
    (233)147 Carries, (1369)676 Yards, (5.9)4.6 YPC, (17)5 TD (17)12 Rec, (147)121 Yds, (3)2 TD Kyles is a (RS)Senior Impact players and really the Blue Raiders only offensive weapon. Though he doesn't lead the conference in yards, he's close. His 85 OVR, 91 SPD, 86 ACC/AGI and 99 Stamina push him over the top as the #1 back in the C-USA. (n)
    2 [​IMG]
    Jacquise Terry​
    [​IMG]Kent State​
    (228)147 Carries, (999)702 Yards, (4.4)4.8 YPC, (13)9 TD (20)13 Rec, (144)79 Yds Terry is similar to Kyles but lacks the pedigree. He's also a (RS)Senior Impact Player but is surrounded by a little more talent at the skill positions at Kent State. On the other hand he is leading the conference in rushing yards with 702 and tied with 9 rushing TD's. His biggest detriment is he lacks the elite talent to take it to the next level. His meager 73 OVR rating leavs him lack in every category except the big 3(89 SPD, 92 ACC, 85 AGI). (y)
    3 [​IMG]
    Robert Turbin​
    [​IMG]Utah State​
    (211)80 Carries, (1320)456 Yards, (6.3)5.7 YPC, (11)5 TD (19)10 Rec, (270)173 Yds, (1)1 TD Turbin is by far the most talent player on the Aggie team and the real issue is why he isn't touching the ball more. He would easily be ahead of Terry but for the fact that he's either not staying healthy or Utah State is relying on the passing game. His skill set is undeniable though as he's a (RS)Senior Impact Player & Team Captain that's an 86 OVR with 91 SPD/ACC & 90 AGI. The only thing that can push him higher is more touches! :confused:
    4 [​IMG]
    Bobby Rainey​
    [​IMG]Western Kentucky​
    (246)58 Carries, (1923)442 Yards, (7.8)7.6 YPC, (16)6 TD (30)10 Rec, (639)241 Yds, (4)2 TD Bobby Rainey(cousin of Florida great Chris Rainey)burst onto the scene last season with an incredible season but this year he just hasn't seen the same touches like he received in 2010. This could be due to injury, the emerge of the real "JQWON" at QB, or ESPN writer Bill Simmons somehow managing to have just 8 less carries than Rainey. Never the less Rainey has something to prove as it's his last year on campus and WKU is relying on him to be an impact player. He'll need to step it up in the 2nd half to maintain this spot but he's got the ability to do so(79 OVR 93 SPD 89 ACC/AGI) (n)
    5 [​IMG]
    Derek Lawson​
    [​IMG]Arkansas State​
    (254)91 Carries, (1660)571 Yards, (6.5)6.3 YPC, (13)6 TD (52)19 Rec, (662)274 Yds, (3)2 TD If it wasn't for Lawson's strained shoulder(and skin color) he'd probably trending up as he's on pace to exceed his excellent Junior season. As it is he should be back in time to maintain his upper to mid tier C-USA RB status throughout his senior season. [​IMG]
    6 [​IMG]
    Aaron Winchester​
    [​IMG]Western Michigan​
    (271)83 Carries, (1582)360 Yards, (5.8)4.3 YPC, (17)8 TD (14)6 Rec, (343)104 Yds, (2)0 TD Winchester is largely getting by on name alone as a Senior Impact Player and a huge part of WMU breakout season last year. Part of this has to due with him constantly being injured and the other has to do with the emergence of Sophomore Antoin Scriven who is tied for the conference lead in TD with 9. Winchester is going to have to really step it up down the stretch if WMU wants to reach the C-USA championship game. (n)
    7 [​IMG]
    Princeton McCarthy​
    [​IMG]Idaho​
    (93)67 Carries, (669)414 Yards, (7.2)6.2 YPC, (7)2 TD (17)13 Rec, (293)247 Yds, (2)2 TD It's really tough to say much about McCarthy as Idaho relies so much on the pass he doesn't have as many touches as most other RB's. I will say when he get's the ball he does do something with it average 19 YPC and 6.2 YPR this season. Those are pretty impressive numbers considering to go along with 4 carries of 20+ yards and a long of 75. He probably doesn't have much room to go up in his senior season(78 OVR) but is looking forward to a career in law enforcement. [​IMG]
    8 [​IMG]
    Yobes Walker​
    [​IMG]
    UL-Lafayette
    (267)55 Carries, (1350)224 Yards, (5.1)4.1 YPC, (16)4 TD (59)24 Rec, (648)240 Yds, (5)1 TD As RB's go Walker is one of the better talent wise in the conference. The only problem is Coach Snoop opted to switch to a Spread Attack after last season and Walker no longer fits. He's seen his numbers plummet after a pretty good sophomore campaign. He also debuts as the first non-senior player in the rankings. The way I see it is somethings got to give. Walker will either kill Snoopy or leave the team. (n)
    9 [​IMG]
    Jae Fitzgerald​
    [​IMG] UAB​
    46 Carries, 281 Yards, 6.2 YPC, 4 TD 9 Rec, 47 Yds When Senior RB Dexter Barnett was involved in a bar fight after UAB's season opener Coach Rechhem knew he could immediately count on his Senior RB Jae Fitzgerald to carry the load while Barnett recovered from a stabbing. Though he isn't trusted to much as UAB is apparently a passing team but he has rushed for 6.1 yards an attempt which isn't to shabby for a bottom tier rusher who is a meager 74 OVR 86 SPD 89 ACC 85 AGI player. (y)
    10 [​IMG]
    Isaiah Newsome​
    [​IMG]
    UL-Monroe
    (93)91 Carries, (388)379 Yards, (4.2)4.2 YPC, (3)3 TD 7 Rec, 23 Yds Sadly this is where the RB's go from mediocre to truly pathetic and Newsome leads that bunch. He is the first underclassmen in the rankings which give him the ability to ply his craft in the C-USA next year. Though his craft is pretty poor with a 67 OVR 88 SPD 84 ACC 85 AGI (y)
    11 [​IMG]
    Lonnie Liggins​
    [​IMG]Army​
    (107)70 Carries, (240)123 Yards, (2.2)1.8 YPC, (3)0 TD (18)16 Rec, (200)184 Yds Liggins was given the starting job when starter Malcolm Brown was shipped to Afghanistan at the beginning of the season. He's failed to do anyhing with that as he hasn't scored and it averaging 1.8 YPC. He'd easily be the worst in the conference but his 68 OVR rating 90 SPD 92 ACC 89 AGI at least show that he has some potential. (n)
    [​IMG]Joe Waters​
    [​IMG]
    Eastern Michigan
    82 Carries, 284 Yards, 3.5 YPC, 2 Rec, 28 Yds For reason's unknown to even god Coach Crumb has elected to start a 52 OVR true Freshmen over several far superior players. That has left to Joe Waters being the worst RB in conference. I don't really know if the beating he'll take this year really serves him any purpose but it will be a nice introduction to the C-USA. I'd like to say he has room for growth, but again he's a 52 OVERALL. (n)

2. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

This doesn't even count the 170 yards that Terry racked up against Virginia...

3. nikpin

It's through week 6.

4. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

And I played Virginia in week 7...so it doesn't have the 170 i'm referring to. Eat a dick

5. nikpin

How you think Terry's feeling now?

6. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

He knows he's #1. And Adam Collins is gonna rape your bitch for your fucked up rankings...Adam Collins better be your #1 QB cuz he could be if he wanted to

7. nikpin

You hear that? That's the sound of Terry falling in the rankings.

8. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Can't wait till Aycock is wearing an Arkansas State jersey next year. He'll be in the top 3 for sure

9. nikpin

Yea kind of crazy but the top 8 are all Seniors. I'm about to finish up the last 4 but Aycock we'll probably be the best RB in the conference next season OVR wise.

10. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Talented fella...

Also, I wanna point out that not only has Rainey missed a lot of time but WKU has already had 2 bye weeks.

11. nikpin

It's a hobby of his!

12. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Nice, thanks for doing this.

ya Turban hasn't seen as many carries as I'd like. Moved from a spread option to a pro style just to give him the ball, but I've had to play from behind most games and had to air it out early. And still dont have a starting QB lol

13. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Jae is a fumble machine and the fact that we fell behind every game this season has lead to his lack of touches. Im a runner at heart, just need to get an early lead!!!

14. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

"For reason's unknown to even god Coach Crumb has elected to start a 52 OVR true Freshmen over several far superior players. That has left to Joe Waters being the worst RB in conference. I don't really know if the beating he'll take this year really serves him any purpose but it will be a nice introduction to the C-USA. I'd like to say he has room for growth, but again he's a 52 OVERALL."

Corey Welch, my senior running back is a decent running back but he is a slower back who doesn't break tackles. Joe Waters was a freshman with some decent speed, plus he was a running back that I was able to pluck away from WMU. Overall he's done a decent job considering the fact that I have no blocking and very little else to go along with him. Truly at EMU, every position we're experimenting with things trying to find something that works. I made this decision and I've been sticking with it. Welch has served a good, solid role for me as a backup running back and kick/punt returner. Besides, find me some more superior players... I suppose I could start putting corners in at RB and seeing how they do. <rolls eyes> :)

15. nikpin

Yea maybe that was just me being bitter for not signing him. I do remember you ripping me for a long run last season with Welch.