2011 National Champions!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by OsirisMonster, Nov 29, 2010.

1. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

LSU Tigers win the 2011 National Title with a shootout win over the Oklahoma Sooners. The game started all The Sooner's way when QB sensation Landry Jones hit K Stills 80 yards for a TD. 12 seconds into the game and LSU trails. That is when Game MVP Jarrett Lee took over. He orchestrated a 9 play drive that saw LSU never face a 3rd down and ended with a 1 yard Ware TD run. Oklahoma answered with a 10 play drive and 4 yard Millard TD run. Sooners back on top, though it would be the last time they held a lead. LSU needed just one play, a Jarrett Lee to Chris Tolliver 76 yard TD bomb, to tie the game at 14 a piece.

The second quarter proved to be all LSU as the Tigers added another 21 points while holding Oklahoma to just a pair of FGs. The LSU defense awoke in the second, knocking QB phenom Landry Jones out for 2 quarters and holding the Oklahoma offense in check. During that time Jarrett Lee connected with Chris Tolliver two more times for TDs and Ware ran for his second TD if the night.

In the second half LSU and Oklahoma traded scoring drives with LSU able to answer any score put up by the Sooners.

The game ended with a combined 84 points scored on a combined over one thousand yards of offense. LSU put up 488 yards passing as Jarrett Lee went 27 of 33 passing with 4 TDs. More importantly Lee didn't throw an INT in the game, making it through the entire year without tossing a single pick. Both Landry Jones and backup Sooner QB D Allen also posted huge numbers with Allen going 13 of 15 for 164 yards and 2 TDs while Jones went 11 of 19 for 211 yards and 1 TD. Award winning WR and projected top 10 draft pick in the NFL draft Rueben Randle caught 12 passes for 177 yards and 1 TD.

When asked after the game about his continued loosing the big big bowl game Oklahoma coach Bob Stoopes declined comment.

2. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Nice win. Next year, we'll see what we3 can do about making this a user game. Looks like you got some competition, though.

3. bdub

bdub Walk On

Nice win OM. Congrats on the MNC.

4. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

I was sweating it when Oklahoma scored 80 yards on the first play of the game but I stuck to my conservative defense I've played most of the year and got a few holds on their offense. There was a fumble by their punt returner on my first punt of the game that I recovered. Turned what was a three and out from my offense into points. It was a huge swing in the game.

5. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

Updated my avatar to something more approprite ;)

6. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Nice. I guess you are Mr. Potato Head no more.

7. Urine_Trouble_

Urine_Trouble_ Walk On

Nice...

Congrats

8. Goose

Goose Walk On

Nice win

9. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

OM, and it only took you one cheesey game this year to get it done. Not bad. Make it zero next season, and I'll really give you props.

Yup, I've never been really good at giving compliments. ; )

I'd love to start a Tiger-Tiger rivalry. Perhaps to begin in Week 1 at your house next season?

I don't really have the horses quite yet, but hopefully in due time.

10. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

I play four user games this coming season but the following year (after my series with Iowa is over) I'll gladly play a series with Clemson.

11. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Sweet, OM. Probably better for me anyway. It'll give me a year to recruit as a 5-star.