2011: NC State: One man Wolfpack

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Gravity, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

[​IMG]

As the 2011 season rolls in, the NC State Wolfpack are looking for glory.
    The wolfpack were delt a blow when star QB Russel Wilson transfered to Wisconsin.
    Coach Loconsole was quoted as saying "We were sad to see Russel go, however we are confident moving forward with some of our younger guys" NC State looks to be a very polished team on each side of the ball, However the lack of a big play threat may pose issues during the season. Stay tuned....

2. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

NC State is starting the season off right nabbing 3 instant commits week 1
    ***Matt Kelley C#34
    ***Chad Robinson G#84
    ***Josh Cunningham DE#35

In other news NC State traveled to Evanston Illinois to take on the Northwestern Wildcats. In a very lopsided affair NC State triumphed behind the arm of Mike Glennon, Glennon's performance squashed all uncertainty's at the position. Mustafa Green also added 90 yards and a touchdown to a 45-7 shellacking.

3. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Love that image!

4. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

It was so necessary

5. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

The NC State Wolfpack played host this past weekend to the Wake Forest Demon Decons. In a game that was focused mostly on the ground game, NC State emerged victorious 35-10. NC State was spearheaded by the solid running of Mustafa Greene (30 carries 176 yards 3 TD's) The defense of NC State held strong for the second game in a row holding the respectable Wake forest offense to a mere 10 points. Next week the Wolfpack will be squaring off against Boise State, a write up will be coming soon.

6. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

This past weeks game against Boise State saw its fair share of miracles. Down by a touchdown with 5 seconds left, Boise QB Kellen Moore launched a 35 yard hail mary to Chris Potter. The ball was bobbled several times in the endzone and when the dust had settled Boise scored. In OT the stout NC State defense held Boise to a 3 and out resulting in a FG. It was then up too Sophomore sensation Mustafa Greene to do what he had done the entire game, score. Mustafa Greene delivered the game winning touchdown in OT to compliment his already impressive performance. He finished with 178 yards on 25 carries and 3 touchdowns. This performance earned him player of the game honors as well as national recognition as one of the nations top running backs.

7. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

As the Wolf Pack left the friendly confines of their homefield, the only question being asked was "can they win on the road." This past week the question was answered. NC State took on Virginia Tech in a much awaited matchup of two top ACC teams. In what turned out to be a thriller down to the end, the pesky NC State secondary came up with some key interceptions. Late in the game and up by 2 the NC State game took the field with 1:20 left. After stopping the VT defense on the first two downs and forcing a 3&18 VT QB Logan Thomas completes a strike over the middle for a first down. The crowd in Blacksburg was quickly silenced, as on the following play Thomas threw his 3rd interception of the game in what would turn out to be the last offensive trip for the hokies. Final Score 28-26 NC State wins.
    Notes: Mustafa Greene 24 Carries 142 Yards 3 TD's

8. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

Duke stick to basketball

9. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

NC State 21 Cal 20
    This was a game we should have lost. In my excitement I forgot to upload highlights for this user game. The game started off with NC State QB Mike Glennon hitting WR Steven Howard on a curl pass with blown coverage. It didnt take long for Cal to answer however as RB Deboskie ran all over the NC State defense for a touchdown. The next possesions went very poorly for NC State held scoreless for all of the second and most of the third quarters. Down 20-7 in the third and our hopes dwindling, heisman front runner Mustafa Greene broke a 76 yard run for a touchdown to make it a one possession game. With 37 seconds left and down by 6 we called a pass play with TJ Graham being sent on a streak down the sideline. backup freshman QB Tyler Brosius hit Graham for a 46 yard strike and put NC State up by one. The NC State defense held and forced a long field goal try from the Cal kicker. However the kick proved to be to long and it was wide left.

10. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

Two defense battles.

NC State 24 BC 7

NC State 24 UNC 3

These past two weeks the NCSU offense, particularly the passing game, has been in shambles. We are lucky heisman front runner Mustafa Greene as well as out stout defense carried us to victory the past two weeks. Junior QB Mike Glennon has throw 14 td's and 13 interceptions. Two weeks ago his season total was 13 and 6. Until NC State loses Glennon will be the QB, however Freshman backup Tyler Brosius is still eagerly waiting in the wings for another chance to shine.

11. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

NC State 35 Maryland 32
    A great rivalry for years to come started off with a bang as on NC States opening drive Mike Glennon hits Howard on this curl route
    One of two returns for Graham really set the tone for this game.

The NC State defense held strong most of the game. However a late Maryland surge put some fear into the hearts of the D. Senior standout Defensive Tackle Sweezy also had a great game recording yet another sack and penetrating into the backfield all game.

12. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

Offense- Penn State
    Defense- 3-4