2011: NC STATE WOLF PACK ATTACK!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Coacher, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Coacher

Coacher Walk On

2011 NC STATE WOLFPACK SEASON PREVIEW
    NCstate Logo.png

Hopes are sky high this year in Raleigh North Carolina this year as the NC State wolfpack set their sites on an ACC title in 2011. Here is a highlight of a few key players for the wolfpack this season.​

On offense the game plan is focused around ALL WORLD sophomore running back Mustafa Greene. Green is a great all around back with the power to run you over and the speed to take it to the house whenever he touches the ball. The success of this 2011 wolfpack team rests on the shoulders of this young explosive running back.​
    Greene.png

Handing the ball off to Green and running the rest of the offense is Red shirt Junior QB Mike Glennon. Glennon takes the rains of this wolfpack offense after Russel Wilson skipped town and is now the starting QB for Wisconsin. Glennon is a great talent and everyone in Raleigh is geared up to see him put that talent to work on the field.​
    Glennon.png
    On Defense the leader of the team is Senior middle linebacker Audi Cole, a 6'5" 259lb physical specimen from Grand Blanc, Michigan. Cole is the heart and soul of this defense and is one of the only seniors on that side of the ball. His experience and leadership will be tested as he will be counted on to show the younger defensive players how to play hard nose aggressive defense.​
    Audi.png

Also on the defensive side of the ball is the high flying, hard hitting, ball hawking junior safety Earl Wolff. Wolff is always around the ball and plays the run like a linebacker while still is able to run with the fastest wide outs in the league.​
    Wolff.png
    These are just a couple of the Wolfpack team that we have highlighted but it is certin that expectations are high for this team and anything less that an ACC championship and BCS bowl will be a let down for this team and the Wolfpack nation.​

• Like Like x 1
  2. Coacher

Coacher Walk On

Week 1: Ole Miss @ NC State
    This game was all about Mustafa Greene, Greene finished the game with 23 carries 139 yards and 4 touchdowns. Green was looked to be unstoppable and the Rebels defense had no answer for his combination of size, speed and quickness. There was little for the Ole Miss Rebels to be happy about, they looked sluggish and out of sync on all sides of the ball. While on the other hand the Wolfpack seem to be clicking at every level. Starting QB Glennon was injured early in the first quarter but the injury was not serious. Backup QB Tyler Brosius stepped in and filled in nicely managing the game well between hand off's to Greene. The game was well in hand so Glennon was not put back in the game although his injury was not serious.​

Final Score: NC State 42 - Ole Miss 13.

3. Coacher

Coacher Walk On

Week 3: NC State @ Michigan State

I am not sure what happened but, I played my game vs. Michigan State on my xbox before I went out of town for the labor day weekend. I beat them pretty badly like 34-20 and everything seemed fine when it uploaded but today when I went to the dynasty site it said I had lost the game like 27-7. So that's disappointing but what can you do. I don't have much of a summary for the game because I have no idea what happened.

Final Score: NC State 7 Michigan State 28

4. Coacher

Coacher Walk On

Week 4: Virginia Tech @ NC State

This game was simulated due to my being out of town due to hurricane Irene. No big surprise here, VT is just a better team and I am just happy the computer could keep the game relatively close.​

Final Score: NC State 38 VT 41 (OT)

5. Coacher

Coacher Walk On

Week 5: NC State @ Miami

Injury's to key players is what did the wolf pack in during this contest of ACC foes. Mustafa Greene was injured during the first quarter and had to sit out until cleared to come back in the game in the 4th quarter. When Greene was out the wolf pack had close to no success on the ground. By the time Greene was able to come back in the wolf pack had to abandon the run game given they were down too many points. That was not the only key injury in the game, Starting QB Mike Glennon was injured in the third quarter and was unable to come back in the game. This injury made the NC State passing attack totally ineffective. This is the 2nd loss in the ACC and it will be hard for the wolf pack to recover from this set back.​

Final Score: NC State 17 Miami 41

Week 5 Miami.png

6. Coacher

Coacher Walk On

Week 6: Georgia Tech @ NC State

In this game the Georgia Tech offense could not match up with the athletic defense of the NC State wolf pack. The wolf pack D finished the day with 8 sacks and 3 interceptions, 3 sacks coming from Mckay Frandsen alone. In the first half Georgia Tech's only score came on defense when the NC State O line had a miss communication and allowed a safety. The second half of this game was more of the same for the wolf pack, a heavy dose of Mustafa Greene, good decisions by Mike Glennon and a stout defensive performance.​

Final Score: NC State 27 Georgia Tech 12

Week 6 Georgia Tech.png

7. Coacher

Coacher Walk On

Week 7: Duke @ NC State

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nn018JyqPRk?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nn018JyqPRk?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Going into this game the Wolf Pack was high after beating a very good Georgia Tech team and they wanted to keep there momentum going vs a good Duke Blue Devil offensive attack. The Wolf Pack wanted to avoid a slow start that has plagued them early in the season and hit Duke in the mouth early. That is just what happened when FS Brandan Bishop picked off a pass at the 6 yard line and took it 96 yards to the house for an early touchdown. The Pack then went on to score 17 points in the first quarter. The best play of the 1st quarter was a blocked FG that ruined a Duke drive.​

The second quarter was a different game for the Blue Devils they were able to score 21 unanswered points but the defenses came alive in the 2nd half and in the 4th quarter the Wolf Pack put the game away with 9 points.​

Player of the game: NC State HB Mustafa Greene - 29 rushes 186 yards.​
    Summary.png