2011 NFL DRAFT

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Iron Mickey, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Big night starting tonight with the NFL Draft @8PM Eastern

Here's my mock draft. Anyone care to join?

ScreenHunter_01 Apr. 28 15.54.gif
    ScreenHunter_02 Apr. 28 15.54.gif
    ScreenHunter_03 Apr. 28 15.54.gif

2. jca312

jca312 Walk On

I'm hoping Gabbert falls to my 'Niners. I think he'd be a good one for Harbaugh to mold the next few years in the worst division in the league.

3. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

taking a QB at #1...especially Cam Newton....is a terrible decision for Carolina. I would easily take a DT and try to trade for an estoblished QB sometime down the road after the draft. I also think that the Faclons are going to trade up to go after Julio Jones.

**I am not a big NFL or draft person, so take these above comments with a grain of salt**

4. jca312

jca312 Walk On

I don't think you can say that Cam Newton is a Franchise Quarterback with any certainty so Carolina should steer clear. Too many question marks and you see how well drafting guys with character issues has worked out in Cincy. Best move the Chargers ever made was trading down and getting LT and Drew Brees instead of just Michael Vick. You have to be sure taking a QB in the top spot and I don't see how anyone can be sure about Cam Newton...1 great season of college football in a spread offense with simple terminology and that's just on the field.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    G..if this happens....i'd be speechless..i'd run out and buy a Petersen jersey for sure

6. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

Carolina needs to take Darius or trade down..they have a 2nd round QB that they got last year. beef up the OLine and pound the rock!!!!!

David if the Cowgirls trade up to get my boy Petterson i will hang myself!!!!!!!!!!! I know Jerry likes to draft from LSU but i hope this is one his doesn't get

7. Iron Mickey

I see people's point...but just taking the opinions and reasoning from Bill Parcells and the "God Father" Gil Brandt, both are high on Newton. So I'm sticking to my guns and their analysis on this one.

8. Eyeke

Eyeke Swashbuckler

I like your draft and I like the trades. I don't think Pats will pass on Ingram or trade out this year.

9. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

I would absolutely fucking flip if that happens.

10. Iron Mickey

They are...but man that would cost them their whole draft to move up to get him

11. runthepound

Am i good or what.....rtp's draft predictions > g-units predictions

12. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

The Saints got Ingram the only time I have ever been happy to see a player from Bama..JFunk I will be buying a Ingram Jersey
    @JFunk34

13. JFunk34

Good shit. And I'm loving that Julio is coming to the ATL even if it did cost us a LOT.

14. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

No player is worth a entire draft...especially the second best receiver in most experts mocks

15. Iron Mickey

The Falcons are CRAZY.

I'm a BIG fan of Julio Jones, but there is no way you can justify that much compensation for a rookie wide receiver.

16. runthepound

If they were willong to throw so many picks away....they should have gone for aj green

17. Iron Mickey

I will be interested to hear from the Falcons who they had higher rated on their board between Green & Jones

18. jca312

jca312 Walk On

The Falcons think that's what they need to get to and probably win the Super Bowl...how many picks would you trade for a Super Bowl? I think it will end up being a much better deal for Cleveland in the long-run like all trades like this (New Orleans for Ricky Williams and Minnesota for Herschel Walker). I hate the 49ers pick, if that was their guy, they should've traded down. Love the Lions pick, that's gonna be a bitch of a Defense to run against. I feel bad for Patrick Peterson, I think he'll go the Antrel Rolle route and bounce when his contract is up, I don't see Fitzgerald staying there too much longer and they're gonna have to start over with that team. Ingram to the Saints was a great fit I thought. Not sure why Minnesota took Ponder there unless they think he is that much better than Dalton, Kaepernick, and Mallet. Found the Locker pick curious and I'm a Washington fan. I could also see him turning out to be a good pro, wasn't surrounded by much talent in college, but maybe those are just my "Homer Goggles". We'll see. It was definitely an interesting 1st Round though.

19. jca312

jca312 Walk On

They tried and couldn't get the deal done to get Green. They definitely wanted Green from what I heard.

20. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Even bama fans will tell you jones under achieved in tuscaloosa....granted they hyped him way to high also in his deffense..and unless you have. Sick pass rush a olb that can cover finley and 1 lock down corner no one is beating the packers

21. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Warren Sapp just said he doesn't thnk Fairley will do well in the NFL because he plays too high on the Dan Patrick Show. Interesting take, you have to think he knows what he's talking about when it comes to successful D-Linemen in the NFL.

22. Eyeke

Eyeke Swashbuckler

Shocked that the Patriots traded out of the Ingram pick. They must have known something and red flagged him. Saban and Hoodie are tight so I have to trust that they had inside info.

I read that the pats have interest in trading for Tebow if that becomes an option

23. Iron Mickey

I don't think the Broncos want to trade him

24. Eyeke

Eyeke Swashbuckler

I bet they'd trade him if they could get the first pick in 2nd round and take a Dalton, per se

25. JFunk34

I trust Dimitrov. He made his name in New England with the draft and he wanted Julio. He still has plenty of picks left in the draft. He didn't trade away the whole draft. They may have wanted Green but, call it homerism, but I would rather have Julio. Julio was never featured at Alabama. He didn't put up the numbers AJ did because that wasn't what he was asked to do. Besides he never had a Matthew Stafford throwing to him. AJ has superior hands, I won't argue that point, but Julio is better every where else. He has proven that he is, possibly, the best athlete in this draft and he is an amazing downfield blocker. I think he will flourish in Atlanta in an offense with Matt Ryan, Michael Turner, Roddy White, and Tony Gonzalez.