2011 NFL Post Lockout (F)ree for (A)ll

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by ChickenOfTheSea, Jul 27, 2011.

1. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

How is your team doing?

Seattle Seahawks:

Notable Adds: QB Tavarius Jackson, LG Robert Gallery, WR Sidney Rice
    Notable Losses: QB Matthew Hasselbeck, K Olando Mare. WR Brandon Stokley
    Notable Rumors:

Thoughts: Keeping Hasselbeck would have been another wasted year of postponing the rebuild. Why go 7-9/8-8 And pick low again. Give yourself an opportunity to pick a hi-rated QB while using the season to test drive 2 younger QBs, and maybe get lucky. Gallery is a huge move. Rice keeps a top rams target out of their hands and means whomever is playing QB in 2012 will have potential #1.

2. annil8tion

annil8tion Walk On

Detroit Lions

Notable Adds:S Eric Coleman, LB Justin Durant, WR Rashied Davis
    Notable Losses: LB Julian Peterson, WR Bryant Johnson
    Notable Rumors: Pursuit of LB Stephen Tulloch

Thoughts: I guess its not what has happened but what has not happened. It was obvious that they needed to address there secondary and linebackers and that was about it. For the first time in a while Detroit didn't need to sign a whole new roster of players, but now they only have a few spots to fill and have not done so. I really hope we get Tulloch, that will at least give me something good to say about this offseason, but without signing a good CB the offseason will be a failure. With Nnamdi out of our reach and Joseph already signed, I would love to get Carlos Rodgers or Ike Taylor, someone like that. But so far its been pretty disappointing but could still turn out a success just as long as they fill there needs with somebody, hell anybody other than this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_WdxUWX760

3. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

Tampa Bay gives 6 Year 19 Million to a punter....wtf

4. Erik the Red

Erik the Red Walk On

Philly Eagles

Notable Additions:
    CB Nnamdi Asomugha, CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, DE Jason Babin, TE Donald Lee

Notable Losses: QB Kevin Kolb

Thoughts: I am crazy excited for the season to kick off. we have speed and skill on offense and a secondary that may possibly have 3 shutdown corners.

5. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

I'm an Eagles fan and we have one shutdown corner, Asomugha. Asante Samuel is a corner that reads the QB and takes chances with a lot of route jumping. Rodgers-Cromartie is the same guy essentially (I live in Arizona and fans here aren't too sad to see him leave, he got burned deep a lot last season). Both are great at jumping routes and making the big play from time to time, but both get burned and can't tackle worth a lick. I'm so happy we got Asomugha though, he's gonna be amazing.

6. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Eagles and Pats are going to be stacked this season. I'm a Titans fan and nothing too notable other than signing Hasselback and cutting Vince Young.

7. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

hahaha Schwartz in that video

8. Steamer43

Eagles just signed Vince Young for 1 season. I'll continue to support him there this year and hopefully he lands a starting spot somewhere next year.

9. Bl0ndeRedHead

I actually like that move, Young can do fine in the backup role for us. He knows he'll get a chance to play (Vick isn't lasting all 16 games for us) and I'd rather have him back there than Kafka.

10. Steamer43

Ya I hope they spread the field and let Vince does what he wants like they do with Vick. Might turn out to be real successful in that offense. I think he made giant leaps with the pro offense though the way the Titans run it the last 2 years, but he didn't have a chance to put a full season together.

11. Bl0ndeRedHead

Andy Reid is QB genius. If Koy Detmer and A.J. Feely can succeed, I'll go out on a limb and believe that VY can too

• Like Like x 1