2011 Offseason Topic #2: Gameplay Settings/Sliders

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GoGators, Jan 13, 2010.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

2011 Offseason Topic #2: Gameplay Settings/Sliders

Here's our two options:

1) Stay on All American difficulty setting and continue to tinker with the sliders.

or

2) Move to Heisman

What's you're thoughts?

I was unhappy with the sliders this season. The game played so differently if you played the CPU or a user that I really dreaded playing the CPU. I felt like the toned down RB ability completely neutered Demps against the CPU. He wasn't fast enough to get to the corner and he couldn't break any tackles up the middle. I've seen this in Tradition 1, some have complained how turning down the user sliders can really put your team at a disadvantage. The other thing that bothered me was that the CPU RB would break all kinds of tackles while my guys wouldn't break anything. Bottom line, with lower RB ability, power backs can still break tackles but fast backs can't get to the edge.

I'd vote to move to heisman. I like it especially because then it ups the ante for user vs user games as well. On All American with modified sliders, all the sliders revert to default for user vs user games so the CPU players tend to play like morons. On heisman, the CPU players would make way more plays during user vs user games and make your defense more effective.

Lastly, All American with the sliders we had this year I think contributed to people doing things they wouldn't normally do against the CPU. Obviously people relied on the pass way more as we had some big WR numbers put up.

Let me know what you guys think.

2. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Use the sliders those dueche bags in Tradition 1 have.

3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

As always, I'm against playing on Heisman and greatly prefer AA.

4. jello1717

What do they use in TT1? The closest I could find was a mention of modified All Pro sliders.

5. GoGators

That's what I found too. Maybe Cole can help us out.

6. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Heisman or AA, it really comes down to sliders. Heisman does results in the computer cheating more. They know your play call and pick their's to stop it. Against the computer I like AA with difficult sliders. Against ppl I like Hiesman. Last year this league was the best cpu pass def I ever played against but I doubt anyone wants the coverage AI that high again.

I would like the computer made better on both sides of the ball. I never have a problem with computer HBs breaking tons of tackles. Its usually the only way the computer can be effective running.

I do not want anyone to leave because its too difficult, so whatever everyone else wants is ok with me. Although, i would be disappointed if we made things easier.

7. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

I am no expert on sliders but agree we need a change...

8. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    slacking ass mf'er!

9. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

hiesman. definately.

10. dharvey09

dharvey09 Walk On

I really like the Sliders we have in Murks Dynasty and they are AA I haven't had any problems with it

11. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

I still really liked our old AA sliders.

12. GoGators

Just played a game in the Trifecta where we use heisman with minimal mods to the sliders. The game played awesome. I'm cincy and I played vs Cal. The game came down to the wire in the 4th quarter. Cal is ranked #16 and was a slightly better team. Since we played in Cincy, I had the upper hand. The week before I played an inferior Rutgers team and was able to control the game winning 27-6. Both games have been really good and the best part is that the game played nearly sim style. The CPU HBs weren't breaking ridiculous tackles or other crazy things like we get with our more modified AA sliders.

KnighNoles is in the league too, I'd like to hear his take on the Heisman sliders in Trifecta vs what we've been using here.

The two options on the table will be the Tradition 1 settings which Colemanchu supplied me or the heisman settings used in Trifecta.

13. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

I vote Heisman settings.

14. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

I dont care and havent played a team in the Trifecta to give me a run, I played Toledo and they did score the opening drive but they ended up with 2 rushing yards. They are a spread team but I would think they would get more than that. This week I play #8 (?) Penn State so I might be able to tell you more.

Last year in SE I liked the sliders but I felt at times there were too many broken tackles and I felt challenged at times.

I dont really care about them just as there a lil challenging but sometimes its all in your head about sliders

15. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Trifecta settings are great as long as you are not playing with Iowa State.

16. KnightNoles

ohhh shut up.... (y) Im Iowa State too

17. GoGators

Are you being serious or sarcastic? I can't tell.

18. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

They were fine when I played my game as Kansas State. Those sliders were not meant for bad teams to compete with cpu, but for cpu to compete with good user teams. I don't think you will ever find the "perfect" settings. Someone is always going to be unhappy....

19. jello1717

Just in case my vote got lost in the shuffle, I vote to keep our current AA sliders. I'd hate to go to Heisman and go back to the CPU rushing for 2 yards like in Noles' game.

20. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

I vote the trifecta settings. I would prefer going Heisman.

21. GoGators

Here's the stats from Noles game in the Trifecta on the heisman sliders. The CPU showed they can run the ball decently.

22. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Damn 486 passing yards, that's like some Tennessee numbers there. Are these the sliders we are using then.

23. jello1717

Yeah. By looking @ that box score I have a question. Did both coaches (user and CPU) agree before the game to each only play 10 guys on defense?

24. GoGators

hahaha, ya know, my assessment on Noles is that he doesn't like to play defense and prefers shoot outs.

25. KnightNoles

Hey I love playin defense and holding people under 17 points, but these two teams I am undermanned on that side of the ball. So Ive had to adapt and go with more firepower on offense. At one point in that game in the third quarter Daryl Clark was 8-8 on a 90+ yard drive until I finally got 2 Deflections.