2011 OMFL Playoff: Week 10

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bigox1337, Mar 13, 2010.

1. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

2011 OMFL Playoff: Week 10

Since i see some people contributing to the better of the OMFL, i thought id do something like a weekly recap of the owners/teams lined up for the divisional titles and the wild card births. Lets get the smack talk going as we are more than half way done with the season their seems to be a log jam of teams vying for a wildcard birth in both conferences. Ive taken in account the "ABC" tie breaking system in the rankings.

AFC East Leader: New England Pats(7-1)
    AFC West Leader: Kansas City Chiefs(4-4)
    AFC South Leader: Indianapolis Colts(7-2)
    AFC North Leader: Pittsburgh Steelers(5-3)

Wildcard Leaders (top 2 get wildcard at the end of the season.)
    Jacksonville Jaguars(5-3) @Broncos. Will the jags stumble and let the rest of the AFC south catch up? My prediction: Disconnect city.
    Houston Texans(5-3) @Redskins. Looks like the Texans will secure another win and challenge for the AFC south lead.
    Cincinnati Bengals(4-4) @Raiders. Both 4-4 and looking for a playoff push.
    Buffalo Bills(4-4) Hosts a tough lions team.
    Cleveland Browns(4-4) host Steelers. Can the browns take the division lead?
    Miami Dolphins(4-4) @Titans. Both teams 4-4 and looking for answers.
    Raiders and Titans bring up the rear also at 4-4 but due to the ABC tiebreaker they are on the outside looking in on a playoff berth.

NFC East Leader: New York Giants(7-2)
    NFC West Leader: San Fransisco 49ers(8-0)
    NFC South Leader: Atlanta Falcons(6-2)
    NFC North Leader: Chicago Bears(6-3)

Wildcard Leaders (top 2 get wildcard at the end of the season.)
    Philadelphia Eagles(6-2) @Vikings. Can AP help the vikes catch back up in the wildcard standings?
    Seattle Seahawks(6-2) @Falcons. Already Played. Seahawks stumble and drop out of the second wildcard.
    Dallas Cowboys(5-3) @Giants Big game with big implications in the NFC
    New Orleans Saints(5-3) @Bucs. Family rivalry, Playoff implications. lol
    The Rams, Lions, Vikings, and Bucs are at or below .500 and need wins now to attempt to secure a wildcard spot

Post with comments, suggestions, and ideas. Lets get the wildcard smack talk going!:)

2. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

the loser of the dolphins/ titans matchup will have a tough time making the playoffs period. better luck next year titans!!!

3. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Its more than likely true. But at least your high on the ABC's with the phins.

4. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

I predict the Pats to miss the playoffs and finish at 7-9.

5. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I predict the Bucs to finish at 3-13.

6. joseph201105

joseph201105 OMFL- Oakland Raiders

Nice job man and yea I hate the ABC thing

7. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Steelers continue on their uprising. I will warn my enemies once and only once as I continue my tear to the promise land that is the OMFL Bowl. Beware of these Steelers!!!

8. Bluebean

Bluebean Kansas City Chiefs

The alphabet is the only thing keeping the Bills alive this year

9. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

The alphabet caused the titans to miss the playoffs last year when under NFL current wildcard tiebreaking system, i would have made it.

This year, probably the same. On the list of things that piss me off in madden, thats the #1 thing. So easy to program the real rules but i would bet that the madden developers didnt think about it, and the game reverts back to the oldest tiebreaking system in the world, ABC.

10. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Wow... Didn't even know about the ABC rules... Glad I snagged Atlanta (lol)...

11. Big D

Big D Walk On

Ox, u are right I have had like 4 games this season with disconnects. Two have helped me and two have hurt me. Remember it was just last week when I was up 20-0 late when a mysterious DC happened. I didn't finish against the CPU but because I was heading to Seattle the game ended up getting straight simmed....and I almost lost! Yuck, that woulda really hurt.

PSN servers blow...or maybe its the EA servers. Whatever tho it sucks balls.

12. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

it goes by mascot name, not city name, but even still, the Falcons would still be on the high end

13. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

Check your connection man 4 times is a lot for an owner.

14. Big D

Big D Walk On

My connection is fine. The last time it happened it wasn't a DC because it gave me the option to continue against the CPU. That was on the other guys end.

The time before we were playing when the PSN servers had that massive crash.

People need to check their words in the general forums. If you are calling me a cheater or a quitter just come out and say it. I'm not going to sit here and have Ox and Gaddy take cheap shots at me on the forums.

15. Big D

Big D Walk On

On second thought I do deserve some blasts on here....4 disconnects is a lot....I agree. Hmmmmm. I'll check it out.

16. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

I know you not a cheater but having this out there can cause for major criticism if it happens during a playoff game.

17. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Id had the choice of either the Rams or Chiefs....idiot...

18. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

Dude its been doing the same crap to me. Im almost to the point that I want to stop playing online games because it has been happening so much. And its not my connection because I stay connected to the internet and PSN, it just disconnects from EA's Servers. I play in two leagues and just this season in both this has happened to me probably 8-9 times, its so frustrating.(n)

19. dritsch

dritsch Walk On

I've had major problems with EA servers, and like waj said, I stay connected to everything else when I get the "connection to peer lost." Any other game I play online is fine, its only Madden that gives me shit.

20. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

IMO connection issues should be dealt with or at least recorded for see trends... i think stability of connection should be number one thing when appling for a league.

Not that im saying dunlap did this or anything, but NOTHING IRRITATES ME WORST THAN A DISCONNECT AND SUDDENLY YOUR OPPONENT CHANGED HIS PLAYBOOKS BECAUSE YOU STOPPED EVERYTHING THE FIRST TIME AROUND... you played straight and with the same books, now he knows EVERYTHING your gonna do, and your back to square one because he changed his playbooks...

21. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

ahem, ox give me another one of these

22. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

haha what? a wildcard recap? i tried but the site ate it:( The monster known as the TF forums:)

23. Big D

Big D Walk On

Ox won't do anymore because he is now OUT of the playoff race....so why bother right?