2011 Preseason Questionnaire

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Kasper, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I did this in another league, and think it is a good way for not just everyone else to get to know their team, but the users themselves to learn some names on their team and get familiar. That said, I think we have a good enough group to get a good response on this so have at it folks!

1. From the get go, who are some big time players on each side of the ball for your team?

-

2. What are your strengths and weaknesses on O & D?

-

3. Will any Freshman (redshirts included) start or see significant playing time for you?

-

4. Who do you think will win your conference?

-

5. Who do you think will take home that all elusive national championship?

-​

6. Which team do you think will make the best recruiting haul?

-
    7. If you could add any one college player to your team, who would it be?

-

8. What's your prediction for your teams season?

-

9. Toughest game on the schedule?
    -​

2. sonn

sonn Walk On

1. From the get go, who are some big time players on each side of the ball for your team?

FSU has a lot of depth on offense but no one that actually stands out. Chris Thompson is probably the best of the bunch and will have to have a strong year for the team to have success this year. EJ Manuel will need to spread the ball around for the passing game as he has a bunch of good but not great WRs.

The best player on defense is Junior RE Brandon Jenkins who is an absolute monster on the d-line. Senior ROLB Nigel Bradham is the best LB on the team and will be key in stopping the run.

Depth is the biggest strength and weakness for FSU. The Seminoles can withstand losing a few starters to injury without missing a beat. The lack of a go to wide
    receiver in crunch time is probably the biggest hole.

The defense is pretty solid as hole but one weakness will be the team's ability to match up with opposing team's tight ends as the linebackers on the team aren't the fastest bunch.

3. Will any Freshman (redshirts included) start or see significant playing time for you?

None starting, FSU has some freshmen as backups that may see action if injuries occur.

I think FSU has a great chance to win the ACC if they play up to their ability. The other user teams aren't that scary especially with Tech losing their opening game to Navy and Miami having Jacory Harris under centre. Clemson may be a couple of years away before they become serious contenders.

Alabama probably has the best chance on paper to win the national championship.

Florida has had a strong start to the recruiting year and I think they'll end up with the best haul in 2011.

Alshon Jeffery from South Carolina. He's one of the elite WRs in college football and as a junior he could still be on the team next year.

I could see FSU going 10-2 this year which would be a big step towards contending for the national championship next year.

The week 3 game against Oklahoma will be huge test for the team. If we can beat them it sets up the rest of the season nicely.

3. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Kansas's offense will revolve around James Sims and the one back offense which should spread the field. Sims, at 226 lbs. is a bruiser. Daymond Patterson is a small quick receiver and should catch a lot of balls ths year. The defense will be led by OLB Stevem Johnson and CB Isiah Barfield.

On offense, Jordan Webb starts at QB, but he doesn't have great accuracy. Webb is a decent runner, but Kansas is going to have a tough time if the defense is expecting the pass. The secondary is solid, but Kansas may have a tough time getting a good pass rush this season.

WR Marquis Jackson is #4 on the depth chart, and should get in since Kansas would like to spread the field 4 wide in the ace formation. That's about it for freshmen.

We certainly have a chance, but we are going to have to either beat Texas or Oklahoma. Lately, Kansas has gotten the leftovers from the Big XII schools, but they still have some talent.

Hopefully us, but I can definitely see the winner of the FSU-Oklahoma game running the table.

Probably Alabama. They'll get busted eventually.

Russell Wilson at Wisconsin. He's got what we're looking for in a dual-threat QB who can move around in the pocket and also great accuracy.

We chould win 10 games this year, after we prove what we could do @ #15 Michigan State. Don't sleep on Kansas.

We got #1 Oklahoma on the schedule. I think that's pretty tough.

4. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

We will live and die by Junior QB Garrett Gilbert this season on offense, we plan to wear his arm out, and WR Marquise Goodwin should also be a playmaker for us and we hope those two develop a nice chemistry. On defense look for MLB Keenan Robinson to lead that unit, they have some developing to do but they are solid all the way through.

On offense we hope that the passing game can be a strength, we've got a couple of good wideouts and we plan on getting them the ball often and in different ways to let them make plays, our one weakness may be our linemen, they are solid but might not be up to snuff for a Texas Offensive linemen. On defense we have a young but solid Defensive line, but our corners are all sophmores and freshmen so it will be a bit of a trial by fire.

-

WR's John Harris and Jaxon Shipley will see the field alot and we hope that they can make some plays for us here and their. We are particularly excited about Shipley and his pedigree.

-

4. Who do you think will win your conference?​
    As usual it will come down to ourselves and the Sooners.

-

5. Who do you think will take home that all elusive national championship?​
    Well their are a few contenders, whomever wins the Red River Shootout could possibly come out of the big 12 Undefeated so that would make them a strong contender. Bama is always tough, but my pick for the BCS title will be a match up between The Florida Gators and Darkhorse Miami Hurricanes.

-​

6. Which team do you think will make the best recruiting haul?​
    Alabama
    -​
    7. If you could add any one college player to your team, who would it be?​
    HB Marcus Lattimore from South Carolina, have you seen that kid run? If not him than it would be Andrew Luck, best QB in the game right now, who wouldnt want him.

-

8. What's your prediction for your teams season?​
    Hmm, thats an interesting one, I'll say we split the season series with Oklahoma and go 13-1, with a victory over them in the Big 12 title game and a BCS appearance.
    -

9. Toughest game on the schedule?​
    Two Words, RED RIVER
    -​

5. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Good answers so far guys

HB Orwin Smith will be the feature back, and luckily is a junior. Running the option attack we will need a big year form him to have success. Defensively Julian Burnett leads the team. Like Smith, Burnett is also a junior so that is pretty promising-- any coach would like his top two players to be juniors I think! QB Tevin Washington is also talented and has some damn good athleticism.

We're solid (not great) on the offensive line, and we don't have a senior starting (3 sophomores and 2 juniors) so that position will only improve. We don't really have any superstars on either side of the ball, which can sometimes limit what we can do. We will need to play well as a team every game to come out on top. If one guy tries to do it all we will likely stall on offense, or give up big yards on defense. We gotta each do our job.

Matt Connors is our lone tight end, and though we don't use it very often, he is still the starter there. Shawn Green will rotate in at DT.

Early bet says Miami, but I think anyone is capable.

I would say the winner of the Oklahoma - Texas game.​

Florida

Dennard Robinson. Him or either Lamichael James, Marcus Lattimore, or Alshon Jeffery. Alshon would put up some gaudy numbers if people stacked the box on me.

It wouldn't surprise me if we start out 0-3 (already lost to Navy, at Oregon, @ Kansas). I think we could win the next 4 vs UNC, NC State, Maryland, and Virginia but not sure about em. At Miami will be tough, and I think I won't have a good enough grip on the offense before then. Same with Clemson at home. VT will be tough, we will win at Duke, and I think Georgia will have a good year and kick us while we are down at the end of the season. 5-7 honestly wouldn't surprise me, but it depends on how long it takes me to figure this offense out.

At Miami or Georgia to close out the season.

6. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Sadly, no more Big XII Title game

7. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I would be more worried about the last game of the season, you know where I make you my bitch!....lol

8. Quattro

Quattro Moonwalking in a field of landmines

-Trent Richardson, Danta Hightower, Eddie Lacy, Darius Hanks, Courtney Upshaw, Josh Chapman, I could keep going. A lot of 1st team AA on this team.

-Strength on offense is rushing with Trent Richardson and Eddie Lacy. Weaknesses are too early to tell.

-Maybe Cyrus Kouandjio but that's it.

-Alabama.

-Another SEC school.​

-Alabama followed by Florida​

-Andrew Luck

-15-0, BCS National Champions. 11-3 at worst

-Tie between at Auburn and at Florida.​

9. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

And how's that gonna happen?

10. Quattro

When I win the SEC and am undefeated.

11. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I thought the same thing

12. Quattro

Here's what I meant, if Alabama doesn't make it, another SEC school will. I'm going to have to beat Florida twice in all likely hood.

13. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  14. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

lol, thank you. You should have said that in your OP

15. Quattro

I worded it badly but didn't feel like editing it. SEC will win it's 6th straight title though this year.

16. sonn

sonn Walk On

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

wow i laughed a lot

18. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

On offense would definitely have to say Michael Dyer. Kid is a flat out stud who will carry this team due to a lack of passing game.​
    Defensively not sure we lost a good one in Nick Fairley to the league. I believe we will be a defense by committee.

As I mentioned in question 1 our running game should be dominant with Dyer and Mccaleb. We also have a pretty solid group of LB's switching this defense to a 3-4 will allow those playmaking LB's to swarm to the ball.​

I believe I have a true freshman starting for me at the Center position.

Not that big into making predictions but just want to add as long as we play sound defense and respectable offense I expect our team to be in the mix.

Hell if I know Oklahoma is talented team that could beat anyone.​

Texas, Bama, Florida the typical teams that recruit themselves.

If Tyranne Mathieu is as good on the game as real life no doubt.

9-3

Would have to say the last game of the Season with Bama. Have to hope stiff bon air continues to state whore and that Richardson misses that one.

19. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

1. From the get go, who are some big time players on each side of the ball for your team?​

- The Key players on each side of the ball for KSU is Arthur Brown (MLB) and Bryce Brown(HB)

2. What are your strengths and weaknesses on O & D?​

- Strength on Offense is a strong back and decent WR. The OL depth and skill are not great. Defense is depth. Starters are above average backs are way below. Front 7 is overall weak ESP at DT

3. Will any Freshman (redshirts included) start or see significant playing time for you?​

- RG Bj Finney is a redshirt freshman. he is the only one who will play.

4. Who do you think will win your conference?​

- Prolly Oklahoma they are the most talented team in the conference.

5. Who do you think will take home that all elusive national championship?​

- Im not sure i hope a User and i would love to say myself but that is not true. OU is my pick

- Alabama or OU

7. If you could add any one college player to your team, who would it be?​

- Tyrann "The Honey Badger" Mathieu because he is a beast

8. What's your prediction for your teams season?​

- If we can get to 9 wins i would love it.

- OU / Miami / Texas all user vs user games

20. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

- RB's Lamar Miller is a SO and has it all quickness,speed and lateral movement he will cause defense's headaches all year JR Mike James is a ground and pound type back quick enough if he gets through the line but he looks for contact he wants to take your head off. WR's are deep and talented starting with Travis Benjamin he like Miller has speed to burn small reciever but with the emergence of Tommy Streeter 6'5" and Allen Hurns 6'2" Benjamin has been moved to the slot. On Defense the Line is solid everywhere else we are young and inexperianced. It will all be held together by SR LB Sean Spence. The most talented backer on the squad spence is also the smallest. He will need help from talented DT Micanor Regis and Marcus Fortson.

- We are not very deep talented yes but depth is a problem. For example we have only two QB's on the team SR Jacory Harris and SO Stephen Morris. Secondary is again a weakness for this team but with the talent on the DL a good pash rush will cover this up until they gain experiance on the field.

- WR Philip Dorsett has already seen action on special teams Punt Return and as 4th WR late in the Maryland game. CB Thomas Finne in the dime and LB Gionni Paul in late game mop up time.

-Wow put me on the spot. I think it will come down to Miami and FSU. They could matchup twice the second time coming in the ACC championship game. FSU has more talent on paper so I will give them the edge. Georgia Tech is licking its wounds and will take a while to recover from firing their OC so early in the season and Clemson won although unconvincingly there are question marks there but its still early. I don't think a non user team will compete although Va Tech and UNC have talent

- Again it is real early to pick this one. FSU,Bama and Oklahoma are LOADED with talent they are front runners as of now. Dark Horse.....Auburn DYER IS A BEAST. UF too

- Best Haul Bama,UF and UT are front runners but its gonna be close. But you can take this to the bank KU and KSU will compete in two years look out OK and UT just sayin

-I need a QB so I would reach back into the past and secure Kyle Wright to be the Hurricanes QB this year.....sorry I got a #3 jersey when he was QB at the U bad memories I tell everyone now that I bought it when TB got the number. I would love to have Ken Dorsey as my QB he was sick if we had to take a player that is playing now I would go with Kellen Moore guy is a leader and he KICKED UGA'S ASSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

- Really I hate this 10-3 I guess

- Easy the two times I play FSU.....you see that Kasper I am saying I'm GONNA WIN the COASTAL

21. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

Idk about that one. KSU is horrible and all my kids are upperclassman.

22. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

I am believing in your sic skills on the sticks homes

23. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

Kyle Wright? That deserves a...

[​IMG]

24. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

moment of weakness bucs
    check out the new sig :oops:

25. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Kstate has some good younger talent actually if I recall.

And thats a mighty fine sig you got their mcyork