2011 Rules

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by Drifterbub, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    2011 Rules

Redshirting:

Please be realistic with redshirting. If a player will break the two-deep or otherwise see the field (even in a limited role) he should not be redshirted.

Quarter length:

The quarter length has been bumped up to 8 mins. This doesn't mean that you have more time to rack up against the CPU. I won't tolerate any crazy scores. Our teams are terrible, there are no excuses.

Promises:

We will allow promises until we can determine if they are useless or give us an unfair advantage against the CPU. As of right now, that doesn't appear to be the case.

Scholarships:

You can recruit to a 72 limit. That will likely reduce to 71 if we start cutting decent recruits.

Playbooks:

One playbook on both sides of the ball. As I have said before, be mindful of what playbook you choose as you are stuck with it for the season. If you are going to run the option with only one running QB on your roster, you will not be allowed to change. Recruit to your system and make sure you have adequate depth.

OOC scheduling:

Don't expect to go crazy. I don't want you to get burned out on playing the same teams by year 6. We will get at least 10 seasons in, no need to rush and play everyone in year 1.

Recruiting Classes:

You will be expected (like last year) to keep a table of your recruiting class in the recruiting database. I will link your class to our yearly records thread as I have done before. I have an excel sheet that makes making a table of that size really easy that I will e-mail to you upon request. I really thought this was a neat feature being able to look back a few seasons and see that a All-American that wasn't highly recruited or ranked coming out of high school.

More as I think of them... I'm really scatter-brained today...

2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I missed out on the recruiting database last year.

3. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Drifter, can you send me the recruiting spreadsheet - dholoubek @ yahoo.com

Thanks.

4. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Ditto, my name @gmail.

You might also want to turn Timesavers 'OFF', those are the recruiting power ups you buy from EA.

5. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

i was playing someone the other day and he did that PA where the QB runs back 20 yrds.. i let up(being a nice guy) so he wouldn't get a 20+ loss on a glitch assuming he would throw it OB. He didn't and threw it for a td....

can we just make a rule that if the glitch happens the O player just has to throw it away when it occurs...

6. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Can you throw it away? I know when it happened to me I was locked into that animation until I was sacked.

7. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Once you drop back far enough it unlocks & you can throw it.

8. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

The CPU threw a TD pass on it against me once too. I was like wtf?

9. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

lol...... i have only seen this once... and now i am certain i will see it all the time.....

10. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

anybody wanna manage my recruiting spreadsheet??? :violin:

11. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

[​IMG]