2011 (S1) Team Previews

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Cheez, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Oct 21, 2010
    Middle Tennessee State Blue Raiders

Raiders fans, the culture in Murphysboro is about to change. Coach Cheez is bringing his smashmouth offense into a school that has been using the air raid for the last few years. The transition will be tough, but there are pieces in place that can make this year a success. Senior halfback DD Kyles will have a heavy workload this year, but should be up to the task so long as the line can find him holes to run through.

2011 Blue Raiders Schedule
    9/3 at #11 Wisconsin
    9/10 vs. Syracuse
    9/18 vs. Utah State
    9/24 at Troy
    10/6 vs. Western Kentucky
    10/22 at Florida Atlantic
    10/29 vs. UL-Lafayette
    11/5 at Tennessee
    11/12 at UL-Monroe
    11/19 vs. Arkansas State (Homecoming)
    11/26 vs. FIU (Senior Day)
    12/3 at North Texas

ESPN Sun Belt Conference Projection
    1. Troy
    2. FIU
    3. Middle Tennessee State
    4. Arkansas State
    5. UL-Monroe
    6. UL-Lafayette
    7. FAU
    8. North Texas
    9. Western Kentucky

Prediction: 7-5 (5-3)
  2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Feb 24, 2009
    San Jose Spartans...we suck!

More to come if i have the time to tell you how bad we really suck!
  3. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

Aug 14, 2010
    2011 Western Michigan Broncos

Coach Mexi has left the likes of big school Wisconsin and has taken on a new challenge, starting off in the MAC at 1 star Western Michigan. Being a Big 12 guy, Mexi has little knowledge of the MAC. "Really, I've only seen a couple of Thursday night games on ESPN by any teams in the MAC. They get little coverage down here in the south." WMU does have some young talent. JR QB Carder is a 2 year starter poised for a breakout year. The backfield includes 3 liable backs, a big plus for Mexi's offense game plan. Arnheim is a good receiver capable of going over the middle. The o-line will be tested by Mexi's offense. Will see if they can hold up throughout the season.​

The defense is solid, led by MLB Zajac. Its a nice mix of veteran and young players. There is very little depth, which may hurt when playing the spread teams of the MAC.​

The schedule is not a simple one. The big game to make an impact on the year is when in state big boys Michigan come into town. An upset right there can turn some heads. OOC games against Idaho, Florida International and Army also look to test the Broncos. A trip to the MAC title game looks doable, with the toughest games against Toledo and Northern Illinois. But once again, I have very little knowledge of these teams.​
  4. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

Nov 10, 2010

This is going to be a rough season. There really is only 1 goal: become bowl eligible. To pull this off, it's going to mean wins over Vanderbilt and ECU; two teams that are significantly better than Memphis. The coach has adopted the option offense and plans on learning on the fly just as the players will be. He plans on recruiting talent for his offense, so that he can execute this offense better in year 2...assuming he's asked back. Am I the only person that got a 1 year contract?
  5. omega41

omega41 Walk On

Sep 25, 2010
    UAB Blazers

I really don't know enough about this yet so consider this a place holder. But one thing I do know is my defense will have to carry this team.