2011 (S1) Week 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, Jul 16, 2011.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

All CPU Games so deadline is Sunday July 17, 10pm PST.

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Welcome to Week 2!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== San Jose State Spartans (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Spartans were idle.
    This week, the Spartans travel to Stanford to face the #3 Stanford Cardinal (0-0).

=============== UAB Blazers (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Blazers were idle.
    This week, the Blazers travel to Tallahassee to face the #10 Florida State Seminoles (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following UAB targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*) FS Nick Wright has committed to Florida Atlantic

=============== Kent State Golden Flashes (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Golden Flashes were idle.
    This week, the Golden Flashes travel to Tuscaloosa to face the #2 Alabama Crimson Tide (0-0).

=============== Tulane Green Wave (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Green Wave were idle.
    This week, the Green Wave travel to Baton Rouge to face the #4 LSU Tigers (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Tulane targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) ROLB Lee McCoy has committed to Tulane
    - (***) HB Marcus Hall has committed to Tulane

=============== Army Black Knights (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Black Knights were idle.
    This week, the Black Knights travel to South Bend to face the #21 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Army targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) C Patrick Fenton has committed to Indiana

=============== Memphis Tigers (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Tigers were idle.
    This week, the Tigers travel to Auburn to face the #12 Auburn Tigers (0-0).

=============== Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Blue Raiders were idle.
    This week, the Blue Raiders travel to Madison to face the #11 Wisconsin Badgers (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Mid Tenn State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*) FS Nick Wright has committed to Florida Atlantic

=============== Western Michigan Broncos (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Broncos were idle.
    This week, the Broncos will host Michigan (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Western Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) C Sean Butler has committed to Cincinnati

=============== FIU Golden Panthers (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Golden Panthers were idle.
    This week, the Golden Panthers will host North Texas (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following FIU targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) FS Matt Cooper has committed to Florida Atlantic

=============== Arkansas State Red Wolves (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Red Wolves were idle.
    This week, the Red Wolves travel to Fayetteville to face the #18 Arkansas Razorbacks (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Arkansas State targets have announced their decisions:

=============== Idaho Vandals (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Vandals were idle.
    This week, the Vandals travel to Boise to face the #8 Boise State Broncos (0-0).

=============== Utah State Aggies (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Aggies were idle.
    This week, the Aggies are idle.

3. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Palo Alto Nightmare for the Spartans as the #3 Cardinal destroy the Spartans 55-7. Stanford outgained San Jose 522-131. They also won the turnover battle 5-2. Andrew Luck had a nice easy break in game going 12/16 for 223 yards with 3 TD's and 1 INT. HB Stepfan Taylor ran all over the SJSU defense, going for 252 yards on 29 carries, scoring 2 TD's.

San Jose State Senior QB Matt Faulkner was just awful in this one, going 8/23 for 80 yards and 4 picks before being pulled late in the 3rd quarter. The Spartans were clearly over matched on default sliders. Should be interesting to see what the rest of you guys do this week with the schedule.

Next week, the Spartans travel south to Pasadena to take on another Pac 12 team, the UCLA Bruins at the Rose Bowl.

4. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Army 34
    Notre Dame 13

The Black Knights Shock the Notre Dame Faithfull

Whoa Nelly! Notre Dame may be headed back to the coaching carousel with a season opening loss at home to the Army Black Knights. Army controlled the game rushing 49 times for a average 5 yards per carry. Led by QB Trent Steelmen and Fullback Jared Hussin, the Black Knight offense dominated time of possession. The army defense scored a huge pick 6 early, and slowed the Fighting Irish enough to prevent them from converting their limited time of possession into enough points for a victory.

5. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

In looking at some of the Week 2 results, who the fuck decided we should start with 1 star teams. Everyone except WGW has gotten killed. I hope come conference play, we look good

• Like Like x 1
  6. omega41

omega41 Walk On

Fyi, will be getting back tomorrow night but will be able to play before deadline.

7. gowazzucougs

In addition, it looks like my Loser's Lounge requirements are going to have to become stringent if these results continue

8. mboda

mboda Walk On

it looks like I won't be able to get my game in this week. I'm out of town til monday night. I'll post on here if anything changes

9. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Middle Tennessee State 14
    Wisconsin 56

Surprisingly, this game was close for a half. Wisconsin only ran two offensive plays in the first quarter, but still lead 7-7 following a fumble recovery TD. It looked like Middle Tennessee State had figured out a method to stopping the Badgers, as they were responding to every punch thrown. After knotting the score at 14 late in the second quarter, the wheels started to fall off the bus. Wisconsin started playing real football, and the Blue Raiders couldn't keep up. 42 straight points later - Wisconsin starts the season 1-0 and Middle Tennessee State coach Cheez is left wondering how to get his team to play for more than a half.

10. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Just take your beating like a man!

11. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

For the record, I voted for 2 star teams. I'm just concerned that whygodwhy1111 is going to win a national championship in his first year as coach of a one star team.

12. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Come on guys, we havent even played a whole week yet...this is what we voted to do :) Army was one of the better one star teams and they fit what whygod likes to do. I don't see him winning the NC year one though. Even if he gets through the season undefeated, I don't know how we would fair against the A rated teams...but then again, you never know.

whygodwhy1111 nice win! I think you might be the only one to get out of week 2 with the W!

13. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Tulane 17
    LSU 42

The Green Wave had a 14-10 lead at half, only to see the Bayou Bengals dominate the second half. WR Reuben Randle had 5 catches for 222 yards and 3 tds, he was a man playing against kids. My QB threw 5 picks, and in all honesty I'm not sure any of them would have been picks if this were still '11. Every ball left my QB's hand to an open receiver, only to see a defender come out of nowhere to make a play. The new zone logic is for real. On the positive side, sophomore HB Orleans Darkwa ran for 58 yards and 2 tds. Next up is Tulsa.

14. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Army's best 2 players are their option QB and FB. This practically is my entire offense.

I will admit to playing a few practice games to get my playbook right. In those practice games I may have been playing with army... against ND...

15. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

The Broncos fought hard to keep up with Michigan, but 4 interceptions, 2 in the redzone, severely hurt probable scoring chances for the Broncs. Passes going over the middle of the field were read instantly and either knocked down or picked off. The offense is going to have to hit the practice field and work on some shorter passes.

Michigan 41 - Western Michigan 31

16. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I saw your score and thought you might be playing your E-League game...but yeah, the zone is no joke this year. Nobody should really be beating these schools year one anyways. At least you scored double digits :)

17. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

I'm glad WGW pulled off the win...it gives us all hope! He beat Notre Dame (89 OVR), and his toughest remaining teams are NC State (89 OVR) and Nebraska (91 OVR). He could pull of an undefeated season. This making me want to go fleXbox One.

18. omega41

omega41 Walk On

[​IMG]

Wow, it will take some games for me to get use to this defense until then I expect at least 5 picks a game,lol. Anyway,my defense played great with 3 picks in the first half(including the first play of the game and another was a pick 6) but UAB couldn't capitalize offensively. FSU pulls away late in the 3nd qtr and wins easily 55- 14.

19. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I think we are all in the same boat...the new game on defense is no joke, at least trying to pass. Things will get better as we play in conference and user games. Hang in there guys, just wanted to get the tough ones out of the way early :)

20. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I'll be on in a few to advance us...hopefully everyone is done. I know boda is out of town but everyone else should be good to go. Havent had a chance to check today.

21. gowazzucougs

We are not done, Jface hasn't played his game

22. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Neither has darr...

23. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

JFace907
    Darr27z
    you guys plan on playing?

24. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Yeah just been nursing injuries from the tournament this weekend. I can text you the picture of two nasty raspberries i got.

...I take that shit too seriously...

25. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

No thats ok, dont need to see that :)