2011 (S1) Week 3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, Jul 18, 2011.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

CPU Games due by Wednesday July 20, 10pm PST
    User Games due by Thursday July 21, 10pm PST
    user games are:
    WMU MexiRican35 at Idaho gowazzucougs
    UAB omega41 at Kent State JFace907

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Welcome to Week 3!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== San Jose State Spartans (0-1) ===============
    Last week, San Jose State lost 55-7 against Stanford (1-0).
    This week, the Spartans travel to Pasadena to face the UCLA Bruins (0-1).

=============== UAB Blazers (0-1) ===============
    Last week, UAB lost 55-14 against Florida State (1-0).
    This week, the Blazers travel to Kent to face the Kent State Golden Flashes (0-1).
    In recruiting news, the following UAB targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) LG Brandon Martin has committed to UAB

=============== Kent State Golden Flashes (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Kent State lost 37-10 against Alabama (1-0).
    This week, the Golden Flashes will host UAB (0-1).

=============== Tulane Green Wave (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Tulane lost 42-17 against LSU (1-0).
    This week, the Green Wave will host Tulsa (0-1).

=============== Army Black Knights (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Army won 34-13 against Notre Dame (0-1).
    This week, the Black Knights will host San Diego State (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Army targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) C Demetrius Harrell has committed to Connecticut

=============== Memphis Tigers (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Memphis lost 63-7 against Auburn (1-0).
    This week, the Tigers will host Vanderbilt (1-0).

=============== Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Mid Tenn State lost 56-14 against Wisconsin (1-0).
    This week, the Blue Raiders will host Syracuse (1-0).

=============== Western Michigan Broncos (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Western Michigan lost 41-31 against Michigan (1-0).
    This week, the Broncos travel to Moscow to face the Idaho Vandals (0-1).

=============== FIU Golden Panthers (1-0) ===============
    Last week, FIU won 24-10 against North Texas (0-1).
    This week, the Golden Panthers travel to Gainesville to face the #19 Florida Gators (1-0).

=============== Arkansas State Red Wolves (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Arkansas State lost 55-24 against Arkansas (1-0).
    This week, the Red Wolves travel to Ann Arbor to face the Michigan Wolverines (1-0).

=============== Idaho Vandals (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Idaho lost 45-10 against Boise State (1-0).
    This week, the Vandals will host Western Michigan (0-1).

=============== Utah State Aggies (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Aggies were idle.
    This week, the Aggies travel to Stillwater to face the #6 Oklahoma State Cowboys (1-0).

3. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

"The beatings shall continue until morale improves!"

SJSU - 3
    UCLA - 58

Good god, what an awful game...i threw so many picks I lost count. I was behind early and went to passing mode and got destroyed. SJSU put up 243 yards of offense to UCLA's 380. The difference...8 INT's, thats right 8! All 3 QB's of mine played. Here are there lovely stats

Faulkner (the starter) 8-21 87 yards 6 INT's
    Stewart (the back-up) 1-5 5 yards 1 INT
    Jurich (the Freshman 3rd string) 5-14 43 yards 1 INT

On the plus side I did manage to grind out 108 yards of rushing on 31 carries (3 of those being sacks). A dreadful start to the season for Coach Chem. Next week, home for conference play against Nevada.

BTW, what happens if I get fired from a one star program...somebody else better be ready to take over as commish!!!

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Colemanchu
    you can go ahead and drop out...I got a guy willing to take the Aggies from you...thanks for taking care of them for me!

5. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Western Michigan 14
    Idaho 29

Idaho's defense dominated the Broncos of Western Michigan causing five turnovers as the Vandals won 29-14. After Idaho scored a TD on their second possession of the game on a five yard run by Princeton McCarty TD run, a Vandals' CB intercepted a wide receiver screen inside Broncos' territory setting up the Vandals second TD of the game. The Vandals would extend their lead at halftime by connecting on a 37 yard field goal by kicker Trey Farquhar. In the third quarter the Vandals' Defense really stood tall, CB Kenneth Patten returning an interception 33 yards for a TD, and DE Charles Smith sacking Broncos QB Alex Carder in the end zone making the score 26-0 at the end of three. The Broncos were able to score TDs in the fourth quarter, but it would not be enough.

GG Mexi,

I would abandon the spread, and go with what works for you.

6. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Army 44
    San Diego State 25

Big Win with A Big Loss

Army Runs all over San Diego State but lose star FB Jared Hassin for a critical 3 Weeks. Army Racked up 425 rushing yards behind HBs Brown and McInerny. Brown torched the Aztec Defense with runs of 91 and 53 yards on his way to 200 yards on 10 carries. Army managed without Hassin for most of the game giving more focus to their speed wing backs, but the loss will certainly be felt for the next few weeks.

7. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

We will see if this is a big loss. Supposedly when any of us get some injured for extended period of time, the person comes back the next week healthy. I sometimes wonder about some of these glitches. It is as if EA never plays the game right before release.

8. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

Ya I wanted to try the spread this year. Seems like the wrong time to change offenses.

9. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Orange dominate Blue Raiders
    Syracuse 45
    Middle Tennessee St 21

The question I had going into this year was "Would I have enough offense to compete". Now, after two games, I'm wondering where the hell the defense is. Nassib tore up the Blue Raider secondary, completing 22 of 33 passes for well over 300 yards and 4 TDs. Most of the completions were to the flats, where even if the coverage was there a play would not be made. Syracuse had little problems running the ball as well, amassing over 200 yards on the ground.

All in all, another pathetic performance by the men in blue. Next Up: Utah State

10. Darr27z

Darr27z The Scroolest

Red Wolves not Phased by the Big House

Michigan 17
    Arkansas State 27

After a disappointing first week against Arkansas the Red Wolves came ready to play for their game in Ann Arbor. The game planned changed a in the first quarter when the Red Wolves star HB, Lawson, was injured for the game. Lawson had been giving the Wolverines fits and with thea injury the Red Wolves knew they would have to step up their game. With Michigan leading 7-6 at Halftime fortune struck in the way of an injury. The Wolverine QB, Robinson, was injured for the rest of the game and the backup Gardner was never able to find a rhythm. Coach Burke remarked, "you never like to see a kid get hurt, but we needed something." The Red Wolves passing offense lit up in the second half scoring two touchdowns. The Red Wolves head for home this week and will try to slow down the powerhouse rushing attack of Army and move above five hundred for the first time this season.

11. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

We'll be advancing tonight. mboda whats your status? Is the xbox still on the fritz? Let me know.

12. mboda

mboda Walk On

Im gonna go to my buddys house and use his xbox sometime today and play it

13. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

recchem2000

I'll be getting mine in tonight, as well. I realized that I have to beat Vandy to win 4 this year, so I was working on my playbook and practicing last night. I have to win this game, Rice, Marshall, and 1 user game to get to 4 wins. If I lose this game I have to beat 2 users or beat ECU or Southern Miss (who are better than Vandy).

14. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Thanks guys

15. sreese

sreese Walk On

Picking on c-usa. Thats going on the bulletin board!!!

16. aarondramp

I'm in C-USA! Those are the only easy conference games.

17. sreese

sreese Walk On

Another shot to the back. My team is not good but counting us as a victory already is a direct slap in the face!!!

;)

18. aarondramp

I was thoroughly confused as to what team you took over for a bit. Were you referencing that Marshall or Rice is your team in real life?

19. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I'm playing tonight.

20. sreese

sreese Walk On

Sorry so was i!!! Im a goof. Im rice in coast2coast but im Utah st. Aggies here. My bad!!!!!

21. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

[​IMG]
    ;)

• Like Like x 2
  22. aarondramp

Vanderbilt 31
    Memphis 21

Tough loss for the tigers. Up 14-7 with 10 seconds left in the first half and no timeouts remaining, a pick in the end zone cost Memphis 3 or 7 points. They put up a touchdown first in the second half to go up 21-7, but the option fell apart after that. Vanderbilt seemed to read every play and a fumble return for a touchdown tied it at 21-21 in the 3rd quarter. Vandy took the lead in the 4th and a field goal with 4 seconds left put the game away.

Memphis will look to rebound and needs to win one of their next two games against Connecticut or SMU.

In looking at the stats while typing this up, I am realizing why Vandy seemed to get my QB with ease in the second half. Apparently, my QB got hurt and I didn't even realize it. I thought he came right back in, but the fact that my slow back up had 3 pass attempts and 6 carries lets me know I was wrong.