2011 (S1) Week 7

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, Jul 27, 2011.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

CPU Games due by Thursday July 28, 10pm PST
    User Games due by Friday July 29, 10pm PST
    No user games so 48 hour advance at the latest.

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Welcome to Week 7!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== San Jose State Spartans (2-3) ===============
    Last week, San Jose State won 31-24 against Memphis (1-4).
    This week, the Spartans travel to Fort Collins to face the Colorado State Rams (2-2).

=============== UAB Blazers (1-4) ===============
    Last week, UAB lost 19-13 against Troy (3-1).
    This week, the Blazers will host #21 Mississippi State (3-2).

=============== Kent State Golden Flashes (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Kent State won 34-9 against Ohio (4-1).
    This week, the Golden Flashes travel to DeKalb to face the Northern Illinois Huskies (1-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Kent State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*) DT Corey Dunn has committed to Akron
    - (**) RE David Wade has committed to Kent State

=============== Tulane Green Wave (1-3) ===============
    Last week the Green Wave were idle.
    This week, the Green Wave will host Navy (3-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Tulane targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) C Steve May has committed to Baylor

=============== Army Black Knights (5-0) ===============
    Last week, Army won 42-3 against Duke (1-3).
    This week, the Black Knights will host NC State (4-1).

=============== Memphis Tigers (1-4) ===============
    Last week, Memphis lost 31-24 against San Jose State (2-3).
    This week, the Tigers travel to Houston to face the Rice Owls (0-4).

=============== Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (1-3) ===============
    Last week the Blue Raiders were idle.
    This week, the Blue Raiders will host Western Kentucky (2-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Mid Tenn State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) LG Marlon Smith has committed to Mid Tenn State

=============== Western Michigan Broncos (2-3) ===============
    Last week, Western Michigan won 29-14 against FIU (3-2).
    This week, the Broncos will host Bowling Green (2-3).

=============== FIU Golden Panthers (3-2) ===============
    Last week, FIU lost 29-14 against Western Michigan (2-3).
    This week, the Golden Panthers are idle.

=============== Arkansas State Red Wolves (2-3) ===============
    Last week, Arkansas State lost 31-28 against Western Kentucky (2-2).
    This week, the Red Wolves travel to Monroe to face the UL Monroe Warhawks (1-2).

=============== Idaho Vandals (3-2) ===============
    Last week, Idaho won 51-45 against North Texas (0-5).
    This week, the Vandals will host Louisiana Tech (2-3).

=============== Utah State Aggies (2-2) ===============
    Last week, Utah State won 41-14 against Wyoming (1-4).
    This week, the Aggies will host BYU (2-3).

3. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

The Broncs squeeze by in this one. They were able to take a 14-7 lead after a fumble and interception by Bowling Green. A score before the half by HB Fields made it 21-13. But the Falcons brought relentless pressure on QB Crader, combining for 8 sacks and constantly causing havoc in the backfield. The score was tied at 21 all in the fourth. Thats when WR Arnheim was left wideeee open and walked on in for a 30 yard score. But the D could not hold, and gave up a 42 yard bomb with 1:29 remaining. Arnheim would make another big play, with a 40 yard play that set up the game winning FG as time expired. WMU is now .500 for the first time since being 0-0.

Western Michigan 31 - Bowling Green 28

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

The Spartans go into Fort Collins and come with a 34-27 victory over the Colorado State Rams in non-conference play. A couple of keys to this game. First, SJSU really had a nice running attack going. Both of my backs went over 100 yards and my o-line played leaps and bounds better than they have all year. Second, the CSU QB was killing me with scrambles. In the second half, a spy was used for to stop that SOB from running all over me...it worked out well in the end. The Spartans improve to 3-3 on the season after winning their 3rd in a row!

5. omega41

omega41 Walk On

Miss St - 52
    UAB - 24

What a crazy game 2 fumble while I was driving in their redzone and both ran back for a touchdown. Down 17 - 0 in the 1st quarter but the Blazers fought back to within 1 td starting off in the 4th 31-24. But that INT demon which was absent last week showed its ugly head this whole game with 5 picks. Back to the drawing board offensively:(.

6. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Louisana Tech 17
    Idaho 45

Idaho used a strong second quarter to maul the Bulldogs of Louisiana Tech scoring 24 points in the quarter to go into halftime with a commanding 31-7 lead. The star performers was HB Princeton McCarty who again rushed for over a 100 yards scoring 2 TDs, from 46, 28. In addition TE Taylor Elmo scored two touchdowns, the first a five yard reception, then in the third quarter he scored on a 72 yard TD reception. After the first half McCarty saw only limited duty, while QB Brian Reader got a nice easy rest. The Vandals only passed the ball 3 times in the second half, with back up quarterback Dominique Black. Black completed two passes the first was the 72 yard to Elmo, and then in the fourth quarter he threw his second TD pass, a 76 yard pass, to Preston Davis. Up Next New Mexico State.

7. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Your O-Line may have played better, but it might have helped you were playing a team with a horrible D-Line. The Vandals are ready to give the Spartans a spanking. ;)

8. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

We shall see, my Spartans are on a roll and im only 1 win away from keeping my job!

9. sreese

sreese Walk On

Byu raped and scared my team. I was never in the game. Oh well gotta wait til next week for the chance at 3 wins!!

10. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I think we can advance again tonight if the few left get there CPU games in. Most of them have been played already. I believe only 2 or 3 are left. Shooting for the moon here guys, lets try and knock this week out early!

11. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I'll get dakota's game done here soon

12. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Blue Raiders Shock Western Kentucky with Comeback

Middle Tennessee State: 34
    Western Kentucky: 33

After giving up 70 to Troy a couple weeks ago, watching Western Kentucky go up early did not inspire confidence throughout the coaching staff or the 50 fans in attendance. It takes heart to dig out of a 21 point deficit at half, particularly after your opponent hits a hail mary on you to end the half. That must have been what was preached in the locker room, because when the teams came back on the field with the score saying 27-6, MTSU was the one walking with confidence. MTSU would storm the field, and storm the scoreboard in the third quarter to the tune of 21 points, cutting the deficit to only three heading into the final quarter. The Raiders would then take their first lead of the game, 34-33, with 3:32 remaining in the fourth following an 11 yard run by Branton. The lead would stand throughout the remainder of the game, and Middle Tennessee State picked up their second win of the season.

Next up, a week to soak it in before traveling to Boca Raton, FL to take on winless Florida Atlantic. A win here would bring Middle Tennessee State back up to 0.500, where as a loss would all but doom the Blue Raiders hopes for a bowl berth with a tough schedule remaining.

13. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

I can't do mine tonight, but I can do it in the morning. If I'm the last one left then let me know and pass the commish duties to me and I can advance it. It would probably be by noon easter/9 pacific.

14. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

OK, sounds good.

15. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

JFace907 hasnt played either so I will hold onto the commish and advance tomorrow by the deadline.

16. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

I will have mine played tomorrow (thursday) morning-early afternoon

17. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

OK thanks man

18. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

I just got by terrible Rice. I lost my starting HB in the first quarter and back up in the second quarter. Then lost my QB for part of the 2nd half. Really just hoping I don't get fired...I actually might have a few decent recruits next year.

19. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Army 31
    NC State 21

Army Grinds out victory over the WolfPack

Army runs 53 for 310 yards and 22 minutes. The pack did a good job of bottling up the army pitch men but could not keep QB Steelman and FB Hassin from grinding out first downs 3-5 yards at a time. The Wolf Pack defense ends frequently found themselfs out of position and unable to stop the Black Knights offensive grind.

In the 4th Army Kicker Carlton squeezed a 47 yarder over the upright to give Army a 10 point lead. NC State came right back taking the ball to inches of the goal line. On third and goal from the inch yard line, NC State QB Glennon found a wide open WR but he could not keep his foot inbounds in the back of the endzone. On 4th and an inch NC State threw again and bounced the ball off an alone curling WRs hands.

3 plays later Army HB Malcolm Brown broke off a 78 yard TD run sealing the game for the black knights.

*Late Really busy week for me