2011 Scheduling Issues

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

2011 Scheduling Issues

Here's a few issues I'm running into:

1 - VT and FSU don't play.
    2 - I don't have a user playing Miami anymore.
    3 - WVU, OSU, and Oregon have no scheduled user games. I think MSU might not have any, either.
    4 - I need to give myself a tough road, since I'm rated #1 and people are always looking for reasons to say the commish is setting himself up for a title.
    5 - Texas (who I'd like to schedule) has Nebraska and BYU already.

If VT and Oregon want to play, that leaves me and WVU without user games. Andy and I have already played, and I don't want to reschedule that game two weeks after it was played last. I'm thinking MSU and WVU would make a decent match-up, but that leaves me with a hole to fill.

Any ideas who I should play? Road trip to FSU? Maybe add a visit from SMU or UTEP?

I'll work it out this afternoon, but I thought I would post so you guys knew just how difficult it can be to schedule all this stuff in a fair and balanced (pardon the FoxNews-ism) way.

2. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

VT and Oregon def want to play and have agreed upon the home-and-home so if you can, pls make that work. gay that vt/fsu dont play again. who is my scheduled user game if i dont play FSU and you say you havent set me and oregon up yet?

3. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

If possible, I'd prefer not to get ass-raped by Ohio St. this season.

4. vatechhokie01

andy, im up for black diamond trophy (pending seeing what other users arch has me scheduled with) matchup this year and next...if you are.

5. JustASample

JustASample Walk On

FSU is down for whatever! We will take on all comers, anytime any place! "I ain't never scared"!

6. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I will play, just take out one of the BIG BCS games so I can play you, I don't want to have to play two major powers in one year.

7. egofailure

Any chance my big BCS matchup this year can be one of those vastly overrated ranked teams who only rate as a B- overall? ;) Yup, I'm a pussy, and I plan on staying this way for a couple of seasons!

8. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Why your wins against those teams won't matter when I lay the smack down on your candie ass!(y););)

9. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I think I'll probably end up going to FSU.

Anyone want any BCS busters on their schedule?

Anyone want 'Bama?

Just a few things to think about.

10. vatechhokie01

i guess before i sign up for a bama i want to know what my sched already is...lol

11. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Can I play TCU?

12. Goose

Goose Walk On

Nebraska will take whatever you give us.

13. egofailure

Is beating Auburn a goal for me because they're on my sched for the moment? I'm cool with keeping it that way, but replacing them with a Texas team like A&M or Tech would be cool, too.

14. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I think I'm going to hook up with FSU

WVU should play MSU, and maybe SMU or UTEP. I think UTEP and BYU play, so maybe I'll make it WVU and SMU.

I'm going to shoot for a week one Oregon-VT game, and I'm goignt o try to schedule OSU-FSU for a bit later in the year. Might not be able to, though.

VT, Oregon, and I can expect one more tough non-con game, be it against a user, or a quality CPU team. MSU has the SEC to deal with. WVU might have two users. Texas and Neb play each other, maybe twice. SMU and UTEP play each other, and probably another user, which makes their roads difficult. FSU has me, and a shot at a championship game. BYU has Texas, I think, and UTEP also, plus the MWC, which is no picnic.

I'll see how the weeks work out. This could change, but it's close.

15. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

If changing the team changes the goal, I'd gladly make the switch. But I don't want to if the goals are set. I'll make the change, and you tell me if the goals changes. If it doesn't, I'll switch it back before we launch.

16. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I'm not going to post everyone's week-by-week, but I'll post you non-cons and anything about your schedule I don't like, but couldn't help.

For example - WVU has rivalry games with 2 non-con teams, Marshall and Maryland, meaning their non-con schedule is f-ed up in regards to playing other users. So, to schedule a game wit Bulldog, I had to leave WVU open two out of the first four weeks, which isn't likely to happen for real.

Only one of us plays in week 14 (I think it's ego vs Auburn, which is a game I didn't want to change because of the team goals he has) so we can burn through that week and get to championship week quickly. I'll post in another thread in a little while.

17. egofailure

Hey, AG. I'm home now. If you want to change the game, I can let you know whether or not the goal changes with it. But whatever you want to do, I'm cool. I was just curious to see how that works.

18. vatechhokie01

btw..holy crap thx for all this work!

19. egofailure

This is where AG earns his title! ;)

20. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

i play week 14 as well.

arch - cancel my week 15 game v. washington. and add a user game in the first few weeks. I would like to keep my lsu game. my non con would be maryland, marshall, lsu, a user game (week 2?), and a week one cupcakey school in the mac if possible.

21. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

you can view your sched on the easports site. just click schedule.

22. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I was able to move things around to give you the same games, without all the gaps. You might like it better if you take another look.

23. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I moved the WVU schedule around to make it look more real, and I moved the Auburn game away from week 14, so we should all be open there now.

24. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

i think the ea site only allows you to look at the sched. that the cpu gives you.

25. Goose

Goose Walk On

Yeah cause I show a week 14 game vs. wake.