2011 School Goals Annoucned..

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by T2, Dec 31, 2009.

1. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

2011 School Goals Annoucned..

Please see the thread about goals.. if you have questions post here. thank you.

t2

2. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Buffalo's rivals are ?

3. T2

no clue lol

4. BG

BG On The Rize!

Based on the goals listed for NIU, the first says winning record for term of contract. The next goals says finish at least 3rd in conference. Does this mean for this year or at least one year of the contract? Next, it says beat a 5* of 6* team. Since its a two year contract, are all goals over the length of the contract or are some of them seasonal goals? Also, does last year even count as a full contract year since I came in the first third of the games? Don't know if I've worded it correctly; I'll try to explain it better if not!!!

For example, NIU won the conference last year. Does that qualify for a top 3 finish? Secondly, if I win at least 6 games this year, it will give me a winning record over the contract term. Will that satisfy the three goals required? I'm just trying to make sure I'm understanding correctly!!! Thks in advance!

5. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

You have two seasons to complete all three goals. Last season does not count because you came in as a fill in. At the start of this season u signed a two year contract (basically) with niu. If u complete your goals and are approved by the committee you can apply at another school who is needing a new coach. So u have two seasons to finish in the top 3, beat a 5 or 6 star team, and have a winning record of your total games. If this year u win the mac and beat a 5 star team I can say that you will complete all goals and am pretty certain you can take a job at another school.

6. BG

BG On The Rize!

So I played two thirds of a season for nothing. It seems like you should get some credit for that. Of the 13 games, I played 9 of them; all for not!!! Anyway, I get that, but lets say if I go 7-5 this year, finish 3rd in conference and beat a 5* or 6* team this year, then based on team goals, I would be eligible for a new team. However, I read somewhere that there was special circumstances to leave after 1 year... I think you can only lose 2 games or something like that. Which would tromp which? You know what, never mind!!!

7. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

Forever, the way I look at it is just do the best you can and see what opportunities open at the end of the season.

8. BG

BG On The Rize!

It seems like your misunderstanding what I'm saying! I may be wrong, but I'm not complaining about how things are done, just trying to understand how the rules work. That's it; nothing more or less!

9. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Also Forever we have a committee, so the numbers and stats doesn't mean everything. It is possible that your conference championship my swing the committee vote in your favor when it is time to evaluate coaches.

10. BG

BG On The Rize!

Ok! Appreciate it!

11. T2

forever heres a break down on how the goals system works....

Your 1st goal.. for the next 2 seasons you must be better than .500

Your 2nd goal.. 1 time in the next 2 seasons you must beat a 5*or6* team.

Your 3rd goal.. you must finish at least 1 time in the top 3...

as for last ,since you did not start the season it doesnt count, i understand that you played 9 games. but you took over a 4-1 team. the committee takes note of how you did. also the area about doing it with x# of losses is to advance in 1 season. keep in mind though that depending on the committee vote you can be allowed to move.

12. BG

BG On The Rize!

Understood!