2011 Season 3 Team Previews

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GoGators, Nov 14, 2009.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

2011 Season 3 Team Previews

Submit your season preview here guys.

2. GoGators

Gators 2011 Season Preview

[​IMG]

2010 Record: (13-1, 7-1)

2008 Bowl: Sugar Bowl vs. FSU (W 31-14)

Coach: KSherm (27-1 at Florida)

Returning Leaders

Rushing: Chris Rainey
    Passing: John Brantley
    Receiving: Deonte Thompson, WR
    Tackles: Brandon Beal, MLB
    Sacks: TBD
    Interceptions: TBD

Other Key Returnees: HB Jeff Demps, HB Emanuel Moody, WR Omarius Hines

Key Losses: FS Will Hill, DE Jermaine Cunningham, CB Joe Haden, CB Janoris Jenkins, C/G Pouncey Twins, TE Aaron Hernandez

The Gators found out what life was like without Tebow last season. Junior QB John Brantley proved to be a capable successor. Besides a nail bitter against Georgia that ended in overtime, Florida played perfectly last season. However, the Gators season was riddled with injuries. With the most talented backfield in the country returning and a great wide receiving troop, the Gators look poised to light up score boards in `11.

The only question mark is in the defensive secondary where the Gators lost all 4 starters. With an entirely new secondary, these guys will have to learn on the fly.

The Gators also field one of the youngest teams in the nation with only 20 upper class men. This will translate into a lot of youngsters being required to step up and contribute immediately.

Lastly, the biggest news out of Gainesville is that after a disappointing offense last year, coach KSherm has brought in a new offensive system in hopes of better utilizing the talents of his team. This should bring an interesting aspect to the SEC matchups this season as Coach KSherm looks to continue dominating his rivals.

3. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Va Tech will be flying under the radar this year starting as the preseason #18 team in the nation. The Hokies still look like they will be competitive on paper (16 starters 90+), but play a very difficult schedule. Va Tech will face the #1, #2, #5, #8, #16, and #21 preseason teams this year including 5 user games.

The Hokies key returners include: RB Ryan Williams 96 ovr, WR Jarret Boykin 99 ovr, MLB Barquell Rivers 94 ovr, and CB Cris Hill 92 ovr.

There is a question at QB as rs JR Ju Ju Clayton takes over for Tyrod Taylor. Clayton should be well protected as the Hokies O-line provides great experiance as all 5 starters are rated 91+ ovr. Expext a heavy dose of RB Ryan Williams this your until Clayton feels comfortable running the offense. WR Jarret boykin should is the pain in the passing game as a 3 year starter at wide out. Expect Boykin to be the go to guy in the air.

Defensively the Hokies have to replace several starters but 3 year starter MLB Barquell Rivers should be able to hold everything together. Expect alot of blitzing this year until the Hokies D-Line proves itself.

The Hokies season outlook may not look good with such a tough schedule, but Va Tech's goals will still remain high.

4. GoGators

nice post Hokie. That's quite the schedule you got in front of you. I'm definitely not looking forward to visiting Blacksburg. Tough place to play from what I recall. Should be an interesting rematch from the 09 NC game though.

5. GoGators

I predict a CPU vs CPU BCS game in `11. With all of our user games we're bound to knock each other out of the race.

That's going to open the door for an undefeated Ohio State team to play a 1 loss Texas/USC.

(Texas and Ohio St have had the #1 recruiting classes in the past two seasons.)

6. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

I play the same people every year, whhyyyyyyyy

7. GoGators

I have no idea.

8. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

2011 Alabama Crimson Tide Team Preview

Alabama has their work cut out for them! Listen to this schedule boys...
    6 game against human opponents,
    @ #5 North Carolina
    @ #2 Florida
    @ 23 Ole Miss
    vs Tennessee (not ranked but blew out week 1 opponent)
    vs # 6 LSU
    vs # 12 Maryland
    Whew.....

There are lots of changes for the Tide this year. With a new starting QB, WR, and HB and a ton of turnover on defense, this could be a make or break year for coach KillaJo. Athletic Qb Star Jackson will take over the reigns with Senior Patrick Bryant in also taking some snaps. The running game will be turned over to RS Sophomore Trent Richardson an RS Junior Jermaine Griffin. The WR are young and inexperienced besides senior Marquis Maze (19 catches 2 TDs last year.) This team will look to use some jumbo packages to utilize their trio of talented TEs. Hopefully the turnover issues that plagued Bama the last 2 seasons will not be such an issue as we have a very talented O-line.

Defensively this team is stacked at every position (90+) except for both DE spots. Will the boys up front be able to stop the run and get to the QB without having to blitz too much? That will be the question.

9. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

UNC 2011 Season Preview

The Heels are almost completely revamped this year after a very successful 2010 campaign. They have lost their starting QB, HB, FB, WR1, WR2, and TE on offense. SR Mike Paulus will start out as the starting QB, but coach Jello won't hesitate to yank him in favor of JR A.J. Blue if things go sideways. While they lost Shaun Draughn @ HB, Ryan Houston will fill in very nicely as he started half of last year due to Draughn's injuries. The Heels have 4 pretty decent WRs, but after that they are iffy at best. The O-line is easily the best part of the Tar Heels offense as they start 4 SRs.

Then there's the defense......

SR book ends Robert Quinn and Quinton Coples are looking to have a huge years after 11 and 8 sack performances last year. SR OLB Zach Brown should also have a monster year. Outside of those 3 guys, the defense is very poor. The Heels have 4 FR DTs, none of whom is worth a damn. Their other 2 LBs are mediocre at best and really, really pale in comparison to Carter and Sturdivant who are playing for the Redskins and the Colts in the NFL this year. The secondary is so bad that it has made coach Jello cry himself to sleep on many a night. Their #2 CB is a 254 lb redshirt FR. Nuff said. UNC's best defense is clearly going to be their offense remaining on the field. Sadly, their offense may not be good enough to accomplish this.

Unfortunately for the Heels, their schedule is not at all conducive to them finding their identity early. Their first 6 games consist of 5 road games and 5 games against ranked opponents, including 3 top 10 teams. All in all, they play 6 teams ranked in the top 25 and 5 user games. This could very likely be a very rough season for Tar Heel fans everywhere.

10. GoGators

Nice posts guys. It's interesting to see how some of our teams are changing and remolding as the original players graduate. It'd be nice if we could get everyone to do one of these. It'd be sort of a self created scouting report.

I'm interested in my games with Tennessee and Bama this year. The past few years, the Lame Kitten, the old UT coach was a pushover. This new guy could give me trouble. But he'll have to start a freshman in the Swamp this season. I told him he better make sure the kid wears depends because he's bound to piss himself during that one.

As for Bama, last year that team was tough. They were stacked. This season, the offense is gone but the defense remains. I get them at home this year so hopefully I'll be able to put some points on em. I'm not looking forward to chasing Star Jackson all over the field though.

My only regret is that I'm not playing Jello this season. I'd love to knock a star off of that program prestige he's building up since he's soft this year. :)