2011 SEC Preview

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by JrRawlins, Oct 6, 2009.

1. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

2011 SEC Preview

2011 SEC TITLE GAME

[​IMG]
    vs.
    [​IMG]

Rankings Virginia National Rank Georgia National Rank
    Overall Rating B+ N/A A+ N/A
    Offense Rating B N/A A+ N/A
    Defense Rating B+ N/A A+ N/A
    Points Per Game 37.9 #5 40.0 #4
    Total Offense 4790 #37 4367 #38
    Rush Offense 543 #120 1478 #61
    Pass Offense 4247 #2 2689 #36
    Total Defense 3937 #44 4365 #82
    Rush Defense 794 #4 1150 #21
    Pass Defense 3143 #100 3215 #103
    Turnover Diff +4 #35 +6 #21

Key Matchups

Georgia WR Sophomore Redshirt #1 Marlon Brown 6'5 210 lbs (51 catches 1374 yards 10 tds 27 yards per catch) vs. Virginia CB Freshman #48 Rob Mackey 6'4 194 lbs (43 tackles 2 tfl 1 ints 18 pass deflections)

-- Brown clearly has the advantage here, but Mackey could have the size to contest any jumpball Brown may get deep down the field.....
    Advantage: Georgia

Virginia WR Sophomore Ken Hamby #82 6'4 171 lbs ( 85 catches 1422 yards 21 tds 17 yards per catch) vs. Georgia CB Senior Brandon Boykin 5'10 177 (51 tackles 5 tfl 1 QB Sack, 2 ints 7 pass deflections)

While Hamby has the size...... Boykin has the speed and coverage ability...
    Advantage = Even

Georgia Senior MLB Rennie Curran 5'11 228 lbs (134 tackles 34 TFL, 1 QB Sack, 5 ints) vs. Virginia QB Junior (RS) Riko Smalls 6'0 190 lbs (247-363 3987 yards 38 tds 20 ints )

Curran is a monster who dominates the middle of the field..... Smalls is quick and elusive and makes great passes on the run....
    Advantage = Georgia

2. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

UGA defeats UVA by 3......sorry JR.

3. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

It's going to be a fun game thats for sure...Hopefully Smalls makes it out alive as i am surprised he's made it this far into the season...

4. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Cool preview JR! I lost to both of you this year. BBJ whooped me a new one in my place (I was pretty drunk, outcome probably wouldn't have been different though). JR beat me by 10 in his place but it could have been by way more if he didn't control the game in a smart manner.

I say JR wins this one by ONE point, 28-27. Should be legendary! An honest good luck to both of you guys.

5. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

I really believe this could be the game of the franchise, dynasty, or league whatever you want to call it. Two classy guys battling it out for a spot in the MNC game.

6. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

Nice preview.... 27 yards per catch!?! That a lot man, good luck with that. I have never played either guy so Im going to have to go by the talent that will be put on the field, and the bulldogs are stronger at every position, Georgia by a TD late.

7. Flo308

Flo308 "Ocean Front Property"

This is going to be a great game, but too much JR at the end.

Virginia 49 - Georgia 42

8. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I'm going with my boy JR...i played both, albeit not this year's version...I know JR always does more with less.

9. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6DXcY5ZpP38&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6DXcY5ZpP38&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

I predict a Sims TD for the win...

10. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Too bad neither of you guys are set up to broadcast this game. It has all the makings of the 2006 #1 Ohio State v #2 Michigan game at the end of the year.

11. JrRawlins

I could possibly use justin tv and feed it through my laptop, but i am not sure if my wife will come home during the game and start using the CPU.... plus that full disclosure of my play selection and defenses wo make me feel very exposed.... i need to see if she is gonna be home before it finishes.... would hat eto be broadcast midway through the 3rd quarter then all you see is her facebook page.... lol....

12. JrRawlins

Onto the game at hand.... it should be great, like i said previous both of our other game have came down to the wire... if Smalls gets hurt again ( he got hurt against Texas A&M) we are screwed as our backups are decent but nowhere near his talent level....

sidenote: if Sims wins the game my nearest local bridge is about 5.4 miles away and i will be jumping off it into oncoming traffic.....

13. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I'm curious to see the matchups that JR pointed out. How will the Virginia offense deal with Curran? Are the corners for UGA good enough to completely shut down the #2 passing offense in the country?

Georgia should have the advantage in being able to control the clock, and their talent level at almost every position is as good or better than UVA. It's a tough offense to stop, so they will have their hands full.

UVA passing offense v UGA secondary

UVA WRs, including Heisman frontrunner Hamby, and QB Rico Smalls haven't been stopped all year. They will score points, how many depends on how much fight the UGA defense has in them in the 3rd and 4th qtrs.

Advantage UVA

UVA rushing offense v UGA front 7

Curran is just too much. Sure, you could limit your playcalling and run away from him, but then he is still doing his job.

Advantage UGA

UGA passing offense v UVA secondary

FS Luke Nelson leads the world in tackles on a UVA defense that can be vulnerable at times. Nelson can't be everywhere and it's hard to imagine anyone else stepping up and making the plays he can. UVA's corners are good, but young. Georgia's passing attack has taken a step back with the departure of All-World WR A.J. Green, but is still good enough.

Push

UGA rushing offense v UVA front 7

UGA has traditionally been a grinding team. Even with the ridiculous passing numbers they put up a year ago, they still pounded out plenty of yardage on the ground. Virginia's front 7 plays better as a unit than they do anything else. Georgia's OL is full of VHTs and they love run blocking, especially against opponents that aren't as strong or as big as they are.

Advantage UGA

Special Teams:

Sims has already broken a couple of big KO returns and brought them back to the house. UVA's special teams is respectable, but not as game changing as UGA's unit.

Advantage UGA

Coaching

Coach JrRawlins has been here before. He's a big game coach with solid offensive and defensive schemes. No matter how far he may get down early, he always puts his team in a position to win the game at the end. Coach BBJ is hungry for this one and claims to have an 'unstoppable' offensive gameplan in motion for Virginia. UGA has the better team on paper and we will see how the gameplans change for each team after they are down a score or two.

Slight advantage to UVA

14. JrRawlins

lol, i was in the process of typing this up..... but you beat me to it... and you are spot on with everything here.... i need a couple of players to play with more experience than they currently have and show up big in a big game.. CB Freshman Rob Mackey is the first who has to be big.... Georgia big play WR is Brown, if he can keep him under 125 yards or so, it will feel like a win in that matchup...
    RS Freshman Jeff Jackson to play big which he has done all year, if he can help contain King to under 80 yards rushing, and not let King drag him for extra yards or straight bowl him over, that will be a huge factor in our outcome.. Jackson has excelled at shedding blocks and making tackles all season, hopefully he can keep that up...

My keys to victory are actually pretty simple...
    1. Win the turnover battle
    2. Establish some type of running game -- It doesnt have to be dominant or even get 100 yards, it just has to be enough to keep us in managable down and distances....
    3. Stop the run, if we can get Georgia to be somewhat one-dimesional maybe we can force some turnovers and get a short field.... i expect the 1st quarter to be somewhat of a feeling out process as both teams/coaches are smart and well coached and wont take many chances early, unless the opporunity clearly presents itself...

with that said, i think the second half will be a pure shootout, and the last team with the ball could win.... my freshman kicker might come back to haunt me, i have had a kicker blow a kick to advance to the national title game before.... i pray it doesnt come to that again....

15. JrRawlins

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpOG9K02F_g[/YOUTUBE]

he posted his pre-game..... so i guess i will post mine...

16. JrRawlins

17. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    fixed.

Look at your code to know how to do it next time.

18. JrRawlins

thanks man, i know that its a post game locker room vid, but the message Cowher states about going back to a place definitely fits for me, as i am going back to the SEC Title game, against a team i lost to last season.... cant wait for tonite...

19. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

BBJ not playing around, Online practicing as we speak...

20. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Someone should get on the mic with JR or BBJ and post a gamecast as they play, lol.

21. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    JR was down 17-7 last check, it's over now, not sure who won though.

22. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

JR leads 21-10 in the 2nd quarter. I'm guessin that was a different game, Mo.

23. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

21-17 middle of the 3rd, UVA in the lead.

24. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

24-21 UGA TAKES THE LEAD!

Late 3rd.

Remember my prediction was 28-27 UVA... we'll see how this plays out.

25. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

27-21 UGA leads it, most likely early 4th.