2011 Set Up

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Jun 16, 2010.

?

Set up..

1. WAC & Mountain West - Boise St & TCU

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Custom Conferences w/ BCS schools

100.0%
  3. Other (BCS schools)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

2011 Set Up

We've got 11 guys so we'll start voting for this..

- WAC and Mountain West - Boise State & TCU

- Custom Conferences with BCS schools

- Other (BCS schools)

2. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Preferrably I'd like to be BCS schools. Not a fan of custom conferences at all. Given that I'm Purdue in another dynasty not really trying to rebuild in another.

3. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I'm with HotRod on this. I don't want to do the custom conference thing. I would prefer that it be 1 or 2 BCS conferences, though. 1 would give us a lot of user games, but could take more time. I like how we started last year with 2 conferences. That gave us plenty of user games, and also a chance to crush someone's title hopes. :)

I'd rather not take the smaller schools UNLESS the coaching carousel is in. If it's in, I'd pick that as my first choice instead of the "other" that I already took. I have no problem taking a "rebuilding" school in a BCS conference, as long as it's not the Big 10. I hate those schools. haha

4. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Also, whatever conferences we select should either all have a championship or none with a championship. I think that would keep things flowing smoothly. Just my opinion.

5. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Agreed. Also I'm not totally opposed to rebuilding. Just if I had my choice I would not want to do it. And like Parrot I def don't want to be in the Big 10 in two dynasties, lol.

6. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

I would like to use BCS schools ACC/SEC or SEC/Big 12. Let everyone be available.

7. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Coaching Carousel is not in..

What two conferences are you thinking?

8. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

SEC and put FSU and Miami in there..

9. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

no no keep FSU and Miami in the ACC use both conferences

10. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    I say SEC/ACC, or Pac 10/Big 10. I don't like the Big 12 as it's pretty unbalanced between the divisions. Big 12 North only has like 1 good team, lol.

11. Austin811

Austin811 Go Dbacks!

SEC/ACC
    Big 10/Pac 10

any jumble of those 4 work

12. ociu

ociu Hoosier for Life.

Bummer. I'd really like to be the Big 10, but I wouldn't have a problem trying to find another team.

I don't mind the idea of using WAC and MWC schools, but if others would rather use BCS conferences, that's cool too.

13. ociu

ociu Hoosier for Life.

If I had to choose, I'd go Big 10/ Pac 10, but I wouldn't have a problem with SEC/ ACC as long as I can avoid Kentucky and Duke. As an IU fan, those two would just be too much to deal with.

14. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I like SEC/ACC if we go that route

15. lilmaggie

lilmaggie Rocky Top Tennessee

I would rather use actual BCS schools and conferences. No custom conferences. 3 conferences evens out the teams a little better but you have few user games. SEC/ACC/PAC-10 or something like that.

16. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

I'll play whatever, you know that Murk. I voted MAC/Mountain-West though, that would be the most fun for me. Top tier teams just don't do it for me, just not very fun IMHO.

17. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

BCS has taken the advantage, so that's what it'll be..

SEC/ACC - does anyone have a problem with that?

As soon as we get that out of the way we'll start picking teams, and it will be randomized order (so deal with it parrothead ;) ).

18. lilmaggie

lilmaggie Rocky Top Tennessee

Just a thought, so don't bash me too hard. Has anyone ever considered doing 1 conference, top to bottom. It would be rough for about 4-5 guys who get the bottom teams. But if you like user games, you would get plenty. Also we could use custom conferences and replace 2 0r 3 of the lower rung teams with more talented teams from other conferences. Again, just a thought.

19. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

If we did all in one conference I'd have to seriously look at bowing out, NOT because of the idea, I like that, but we'll be starting this in my peak time and what with coaching FR/JV/HS three nights a week having a user game every week wouldn't fit until after football season for me. Just throwing that out there.

20. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I think it'd just be too hard to keep the OD moving quickly..

plus, I'm not sure what kind of connection issues I will or will not have at school this year so hopefully isolating myself from some people will limit the number of people that I'm unable to play. (issue from last year)

21. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Shenanigans! I'm calling shenanigans! SEC/ACC works for me. There should be plenty for all to choose from. On my end, I want to be in the ACC, solely because I live right in the heart of it and actually work for one of the schools in the conference (Duke, for those who are wondering).

I brought that up last year and my ass is still sore from the kicking it got regarding that. lol.

Also, someone mentioned only one decent team in the Big 12 north. That's Iowa State, right? I only mention it because that's who I'd be gunning for if the Big 12 is the conference I'd choose from. I'd put my interest order being:

1. ACC
    2. Big 12
    3. SEC

Looking forward to getting a top 3 pick... (y)

22. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

ACC....SEC....Ill take whoever Parrot wants....thanks

23. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

So many directions I could go with this...

24. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Huh?