2011 SH Draft Prospects

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Emmdotfrisk, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

2011 SH Draft Prospects

2011 SH Draft Prospects

[​IMG]

Projected 1st Round

PICK NFL NAME POSITION SCHOOL COMMENTS
    1 [​IMG] AJ Green WR [​IMG] The Rams are definitely on the right track. I have them drafting first, however, because their quarterback is not pro-ready, their offensive line is a work in progress and the defense still has major holes. But come 2011, St. Louis will be more competitive.
    2 [​IMG] Marcell Dareus DE/DT [​IMG] I'd like to give the Browns a franchise quarterback, but Mike Holmgren doesn't believe in drafting one in the first round. Besides, he pulled rank and selected Colt McCoy despite objections from others in the front office. Why would he suddenly give up on McCoy after a year, especially considering that McCoy won't even play this season?
    3 [​IMG] Jake Locker QB [​IMG] Jake Locker is the No. 1 quarterback in the 2011 class - for now. Locker should have declared for the 2010 NFL Draft because a billion things can happen over the next 12 months. Matt Cassel is due a $7.5 million option bonus before the 2011 season. If he has another bad year - if the Chiefs are drafting No. 3 overall, that's definitely the case - then he will be released.
    4 [​IMG] Andrew Luck QB [​IMG] Buffalo's front office apparently doesn't care what its fans think because they've decided to go back to Trent Edwards, Ryan Fitzpatrick and Brian Brohm. What a disaster.
    5 [​IMG] Ryan Mallet QB [​IMG] Seattle didn't select Jimmy Clausen in the 2010 NFL Draft because they've dedicated too many resources to Charlie Whitehurst. But if the Seahawks finish with one of the five worst records in the league, chances are that Clipboard Jesus didn't perform too many miracles.
    6 [​IMG] Patrick Peterson CB [​IMG] One can only wonder what the Jaguars are doing. They pass on Tim Tebow, who could really help them generate money and fan interest, yet the Broncos-Jaguars opener will be sold out quickly (based on reported interest) because Tebow fans want to see their hero hold a clipboard on the sidelines. So, they don't get Tebow; instead, they reach for a Round 2-3 prospect at No. 10 overall and then draft the same position with their next pick.
    7 [​IMG] Robert Quinn DE [​IMG] I'm really shocked the Buccaneers didn't upgrade the defensive end position in the 2010 NFL Draft, as it was their No. 2 need going into that weekend. Robert Quinn could be the solution a year late; he had 19 TFL and 11 sacks as a sophomore last season.
    8 [​IMG] Cameron Heyward DE/DT [​IMG] Are the Broncos really going to ride Patriots cast-off Jarvis Green as a starting defensive end for more than a year? Doubtful. Cameron Heyward would have been in the 9-18 pick range had he declared for the 2010 NFL Draft.
    9 [​IMG] Aaron Williams CB [​IMG] I'm going to stop mocking the Lions a left tackle because they're apparently sold on Jeff Backus being able to keep Matthew Stafford out of a wheel chair. At any rate, the top player available is arguably Aaron Williams, who would fill a huge need for the Lions as a No. 1 corner.
    10 [​IMG] Gabe Carimi OT [​IMG] I think the Cardinals made three crucial mistakes this offseason: Not trading for Donovan McNabb; passing on Jimmy Clausen in the 2010 NFL Draft; and failing to acquire an upgrade at offensive tackle. If the big three quarterbacks are unavailable, Arizona would probably take someone like Gabe Carimi, an athletic 320-pound left tackle.
    11 [​IMG] Julio Jones WR [​IMG] When's the last time the Bears haven't needed a No. 1 receiver? I can't even remember. Julio Jones is an amazing top-five physical talent, but he dropped a ton of passes as a sophomore. He'll need a strong junior campaign to regain his draft stock.
    12 [​IMG] Mark Ingram RB [​IMG] New England acquired this selection from Oakland for Richard Seymour. If Tom Brady and Wes Welker are healthy, and either Rob Gronkowski or Aaron Hernandez pans out, imagine how explosive New England's offense would be with Mark Ingram as a threat coming out of the backfield.
    13 [​IMG] Jonathan Baldwin WR [​IMG] With a potential franchise left tackle on the roster, the Redskins will need to concentrate on finding weapons for Donovan McNabb. McNabb would love having a dynamic receiver like Jonathan Baldwin at his disposal. Baldwin, at 6-5, 225, caught 57 balls for 1,111 yards and eight touchdowns as a sophomore in 2009.
    14 [​IMG] Jurrell Casey DT [​IMG] Giants general manager Jerry Reese usually takes the best player on his board, and that would likely be Jurrell Casey. Luckily, Casey also fills a huge need. I know New York drafted Linval Joseph in the second round two weeks ago, but the defensive tackle position is still in dire need of help. Barry Cofield, a free agent in March, was nearly traded on Draft Day. Jay Alford, also a free agent to be, is coming off a torn ACL. Rocky Bernard and Chris Canty were bust pickups last offseason.
    15 [​IMG] Joseph Barksdale OT [​IMG] Jason Peters is fat and lazy, and he has no interest in playing football. Peters was helpless against DeMarcus Ware in Philadelphia's back-to-back losses to Dallas at the end of the 2009 season, so unless he improves, the Eagles won't be interested in keeping him around at his 2011 salary of $5.9 million.
    16 [​IMG] Allen Bailey DE/DT [​IMG] Three numbers for you: 33, 37 and 35. Those will be the respective ages of Brett Keisel, Travis Kirschke (currently a free agent) and Aaron Smith at the start of the 2011 NFL season. The Steelers drafted Ziggy Hood in 2009, but they'll need another 3-4 end in a year.
    17 [​IMG] Marvin Austin DT [​IMG] Marvin Austin is very athletic and has a ton of upside, but has never lived up to it on the field. Cincinnati is the type of team that would take a chance on him, however.
    18 [​IMG] Prince Amukamara CB [​IMG] The Titans had to find upgrades at defensive end and corner this offseason. With a dry free agent market and only one first-round pick, getting upgrades for both positions proved to be difficult. Tennessee can take care of the cornerback position with this selection.
    19 [​IMG] Adrian Clayborn DE/DT [​IMG] I was pretty surprised that the Patriots passed up on Jared Odrick and allowed him to fall into enemy hands. Bill Belichick failed to address the 3-4 end position in the 2010 NFL Draft until very late, so he'll have to do that here.
    20 [​IMG] Greg Romeus DE [​IMG] The Falcons are once again going to have major problems getting to the quarterback this season. If Thomas Dimitroff can acquire someone like Greg Romeus in the 2011 NFL Draft, I think he would jump at the opportunity. At 270 pounds, Romeus accumulated 11.5 TFL and eight sacks as a junior. I'd like to have him earlier in my mock, but there are just so many 3-4 teams that wouldn't consider him.
    21 [​IMG] Von Miller DE/OLB [​IMG] The 49ers have a big decision to make regarding Manny Lawson. Lawson is entering the final year of his contract. He's been a bust as a pass-rusher, but he's a very good run defender. San Francisco has to get more pressure on the quarterback, however, so they may decide to let Lawson walk. If so, the front office will be looking for a replacement next offseason.
    22 [​IMG] DeAndre McDaniel S [​IMG] With Chris Harris traded to Chicago, Sherrod Martin is expected to start in his place. Martin was just a rookie last year, but he struggled. If he plays poorly again, Carolina will be in the market for a new safety.
    23 [​IMG] Jared Crick DT [​IMG] The Texans had major problems at defensive tackle in 2009, but aside from drafting Earl Mitchell in the third round, they failed to address the position. They may fix things in the 2011 NFL Draft.
    24 [​IMG] Deunta Williams FS [​IMG] The Dolphins tried to upgrade the free safety position this offseason, but failed to do so. Deunta Williams broke up eight passes and collected six interceptions last year. If Will Allen doesn't cut it, Williams could be his replacement.
    25 [​IMG] Ras I Dowling CB [​IMG] Charles Woodson just won Defensive Player of the Year, but he'll be 35 a month into the 2011 season. He can't possibly keep up this level of play into his mid-30s, can he?
    26 [​IMG] Rahim Moore FS [​IMG] Unless Akwasi Owusu-Ansah can step into the starting free safety role, the Cowboys will have major issues at the position this year. Rahim Moore picked off 10 passes as a sophomore.
    27 [​IMG] Michael Floyd WR [​IMG] Michael Floyd is the best player on the board. If he can stay healthy for a change, he'll probably be selected in the top half of the 2011 NFL Draft - though that's easier said than done based on his extensive injury history.
    28 [​IMG] Mike Pouncey C/G [​IMG] Baltimore's offensive line has no issues right now, but will that be the case in 11 months? Center Matt Birk will be a 35-year-old entering his contract year. Right tackle Jared Gaither could be gone. And right guard Marshal Yanda will be a free agent a couple of years removed from a torn ACL, MCL and PCL.
    29 [​IMG] Travis Lewis OLB [​IMG] Chris Berman harped on it during the 2010 NFL Draft: As long as there's a possibility that Brett Favre will return, the Vikings are not drafting a quarterback. So, as much as I'd like to mock Pat Devlin or Christian Ponder here, it's not happening if Favre plays his annual offseason guessing game.
    30 [​IMG] Jack Crawford DE/OLB [​IMG] The Jets will likely have to defeat the Colts to advance to the Super Bowl in the next couple of years. To do so, they'll need to put as much pressure on Peyton Manning as possible without sending multiple blitzers and in turn exposing their secondary. Upgrades are needed at 3-4 end and rush linebacker.
    31 [​IMG] Sam Acho DE [​IMG] The Saints apparently had their sights on Jerry Hughes in the 2010 NFL Draft before the Colts snatched him off the board one pick beforehand. If New Orleans still has pass-rushing issues going into the 2011 NFL Draft, they may target Sam Acho, who had 13 TFL and seven sacks as a junior.
    32 [​IMG] Anthony Castonzo OT [​IMG] Even though the defensive side of the ball has been the weaker half of Indianapolis' roster, general manager Bill Polian has spent seven of his 11 first-round picks on offensive players.

2011 Best of the Rest User Prospects

TEAM NAME POSITION PROJECTED ROUND
    [​IMG] Terrance Toliver WR 2ND
    [​IMG] Curtis Brown CB 2ND
    [​IMG] Stefen Wisniewski C/G 2ND
    [​IMG] Will Hill FS 2ND
    [​IMG] Blake Gideon FS 2ND
    [​IMG] Mark Barron SS 2ND
    [​IMG] DeVier Posey WR 2ND
    [​IMG] Evan Royster RB 2ND

MORE PROJECTIONS COMING SOON!

2. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

I love it Frisk . . . that's a stretch tho WR usually don't go #1 in the draft. It has only happened twice Irving Fryar and Keyshawn Johnson. Where's Marvin Austin DT from UNC? Will the Gators have two picks in the first round in Pouncey and Hill? Just trying to be the local Mike Mayock, lol . Great work boss.

3. BG

BG On The Rize!

I second that!!! Very Well Done!!!

4. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

I agree....

Still pissed about you giving the Browns the second pick though. 10 wins this year at a minimum with this guy in command!

[​IMG]

5. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

Wow Frisky..that pretty impressive. How do yall set up those charts like that? What do you go to?

6. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

damn excellent stuff...

7. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Thanks Drow! A lil BBcode knowledge goes a long way!