2011 Terps

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Masler, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

2011 Terps

Maryland seems to have quite a well rounded team. Not much else to report at this time.

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

# 15 Cal 48 Terps 14

Marylands season opener was an utter disaster. Mistakes all over the place. Jahvad Best treated the defense like they didn't exist, several times shrugging off defensive linemen. Numerous times Maryland left a receiver wide open no matter what play was called, that one cannot be explained. The offense did a good job driving down the field but just could not capitalize on any of them but one drive. Their two scores came from a kickoff return and the HB rushing one in. One of the INTs was a glitch as the receiver was wide open and the Linebacker takes a ten foot step to pick 6, complete BS there. Definetely not a good way to start the season, but at least it wasn't conference play :D. Just gotta get a feel for this team, no worries. Just hope this doesn't become a habit or I may have to start looking into the future. Next week Maryland hosts Coach dub and the Texas Tech Red Raiders, which is promising to be a good matchup.

3. Masler

Masler Moderator

Texas Tech 28 Maryland 24

This was a good game going until the 4th and we both lost connection. I forgot what the actual score was but both offenses were firing on all cylinder as well as the defenses. Both teams had pick 6s and it looked like it was going to come down to the final seconds. Anyway GG Dub. I think the result of the sim was fair. Maryland opens the season 0-2. Time to turn this season around and starting winning some. We take on #22 Utah this week, time to smash a Bowl buster.

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

Maryland picks up first win in OT​

The hostile Scarlet Knights invade Maryland this week. A wet rainy day will prove a great football game as always.

Into the first the Knights receive and go 4 and out due to a nice sack on 4th down by the Maryland D. The stop on D fires up the Terps as they drive down the field to score the 1st TD of the game. Rutger shows their offense isn't dead yet to tie it at 7. Immediately after the Terp take the Kick 97yds to the house. 14-7 at the end of the 1st.

Rutgers finds the endzone 1:30 before the half ends tying the game at 14 a piece. They come centimeters from misssing the PAT though. Maryland drives but cannot score before half, throwing a pick. We go into halfway knotted up at 14.

Terps open up the half with a 2 and half minute drive lead by their running game. 21-14. With a combination of running, passing and options, Rutgers conducts a methodical drive to tie it once again. Once the very next kick Logan takes his own kick back to the house!! Impressive dive to score too, barely avoiding defenders. 28-21. Acting like Maryland doesn't have a D, Rutgers flies down the field to score. 28 up at the end of the 3rd.

A long drive goes a long way, Maryland drains 3 min off the clock to open the 4th and score a short TD pass. 35-28. The Terps defense really needs to step up now and seal a victory to avoid going 0-4. With just over a minute left Rutgers manages to score on 4th and goal. It's now do or die time for Maryland, get the win before OT or go into OT. With 7 seconds left, on a tipped pass Rutgers intercepts the ball and forces OT.

OT: Rutgers score in two plays in OT. Maryland answers right back. 42-42.

OT #2: Rutger scores first. All they need is a defensive stop to win. Can they do it???

IT'S A FUMBLE!! Terps look like they have it. Do they? YES!!MARYLAND WINS IN DOUBLE OVERTIME!! THE FANS ARE GOING INSANE, THEY ARE STORMING THE FIELD!! UNBELIEVABLE!! MARYLAND OVERCOMES RUTGERS IN OT 49-42. IF YOU AREN'T WATCHING THIS ONE YOU MISSED ONE HECK OF A GAME!! Great first win for the Terps, what a show of skill.

"Our defense, I'll admit, played like crap until we had to," said Coach Masler, "Great way to start a turn around for our team."

Box Score

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7 Column 8
    Team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th OT OT2 Final
    RU 7 7 14 7 7 0 42
    TERPS 14 0 14 7 7 7

Notable Player Stats

C. Turner 25/35, 246 yds, 4 TD

D. Scott 29 Att, 129 yds

A. Cannon 11 Rec, 148yds, 3 TD **Maryland Player of the Game**

T. Smith 4 Rec, 58 yds, 1 TD, 4 KR, 188 KR yds, 1 KR TD

T. Logan 2 KR, 118 KR yds, 1 KR TD

[​IMG]

It was actually raining too, so I thought this pic was pretty sweet.

5. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

What a god

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

Maryland fails to protect turf in ACC Opener

Game started off slow with the Terps going 3 and out. On Clemsons first drive the Terps DT picks off a wounded duck but the offense couldn’t capitalize. Tigers come out and get on the board first. 7-0 in favor of Clemson after 1.

Clemson plays like bitches and converts on 4th and 10 for no reason. Moments later they go up 14-0. Things don’t look good for the Terps in this ACC Opener. They manage to score, cutting the lead to 7. A defensive stop and another score would be nice. Clemson once again scores, 21-7. This CPU going for it on 4th is pissing me off. Terps only get 3 on the next drive. 21-10 to end the half.

Clemson earlier chose to kick, so they receive first in the second. Stupid shit Clemson up two scores in the redzone gets stuffed on 3rd down and goes for it on 4th AGAIN for the score. 28-10 because the CPU cheats and can’t take the points. Then the next drive Maryland throws a pick 6 to a linebacker who had fell down and miraculously jumped up to catch it, all in about 2 seconds. Review later shows it was not the linebacker who had fell. Devin Meggett rushes in for the score on the Terps next possession. 35-17.

To start the 4th Maryland FINALLY gets a defensive stop. How do they handle this? BY GETTING PICK 6ed AGAIN!! BULLSHIT! Apparently only one of my WR has enough damn awareness to catch the ball. The guy I threw to was wide open yet paid no attention, f-in idiot. The rest of this BS game was simmed before I blew a gasket. EA is a bunch of idiots who can’t make a freakin game without a million glitches. CONGRATS EA YOU BLEW IT AGAIN!
    FINAL SCORE 49-17. Terps go 1-4, such a miserable team right now. The sliders for CPU Defense are hardly altered and it felt like I was playing on all 100s. This was an embarrassing loss and I doubt I will see an ACC champ game this year unless my team can get their act together. Ok, I’m done venting..Overall very disappointed how my team handled a tougher opponent.

[​IMG]

Teams sits silenty on the sidelines as the clock runs out.

Box Score

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    Team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final
    CLEM 7 14 14 14 49
    TERPS 0 10 7 0 17

Notable Stats:

C. Turner 20/35, 263 yds, 1 TD

A. Cannon 8 Rec, 130 yds, 1 TD **Maryland Player of the Game**

7. Masler

Masler Moderator

[​IMG]

Maryland fails to protect turf in ACC Opener

Game started off slow with the Terps going 3 and out. On Clemsons first drive the Terps DT picks off a wounded duck but the offense couldn’t capitalize. Tigers come out and get on the board first. 7-0 in favor of Clemson after 1.

Clemson plays like bitches and converts on 4th and 10 for no reason. Moments later they go up 14-0. Things don’t look good for the Terps in this ACC Opener. They manage to score, cutting the lead to 7. A defensive stop and another score would be nice. Clemson once again scores, 21-7. This CPU going for it on 4th is pissing me off. Terps only get 3 on the next drive. 21-10 to end the half.

Clemson earlier chose to kick, so they receive first in the second. Stupid shit Clemson up two scores in the redzone gets stuffed on 3rd down and goes for it on 4th AGAIN for the score. 28-10 because the CPU cheats and can’t take the points. Then the next drive Maryland throws a pick 6 to a linebacker who had fell down and miraculously jumped up to catch it, all in about 2 seconds. Review later shows it was not the linebacker who had fell. Devin Meggett rushes in for the score on the Terps next possession. 35-17.

To start the 4th Maryland FINALLY gets a defensive stop. How do they handle this? BY GETTING PICK 6ed AGAIN!! BULLSHIT! Apparently only one of my WR has enough damn awareness to catch the ball. The guy I threw to was wide open yet paid no attention, f-in idiot. The rest of this BS game was simmed (1 min left)before I blew a gasket. EA is a bunch of idiots who can’t make a freakin game without a million glitches. CONGRATS EA YOU BLEW IT AGAIN!

FINAL SCORE 49-17. Terps go 1-4, such a miserable team right now. The sliders for CPU Defense are hardly altered and it felt like I was playing on all 100s. This was an embarrassing loss and I doubt I will see an ACC champ game this year unless my team can get their act together. Ok, I’m done venting..Overall very disappointed how my team handled a tougher opponent.

[​IMG]

Teams sits silenty on the sidelines as the clock runs out.

Box Score

CLEM 7 14 14 14 49
    TERPS 0 10 7 0 17

Notable Stats:

C. Turner 20/35, 263 yds, 1 TD

A. Cannon 8 Rec, 130 yds, 1 TD **Maryland Player of the Game**

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

Terps Flattened..No Surprise​

These two teams look thirsty for an ACC victory today. Demon Deacons vs Terps.

Deacons take the ball first and go 3 & out. No luck on the Terps part as they toss a pick 6. Maryland answers with a 48 yd TD pass to the fullback. Yes I said fullback, I'm as surprised as you. Wake Forest blazes down field. 14-7. Once again Maryland gets picked 6. Having enough of this BS, Coach Masler yanks Turner out and throws in backup QB Robinson. 7-21 Wake Forest.

Into the second it turns into a defensive battle, finally Maryland breaks the silence with a TD pass to the tight end. 14-24 Deacons. Wake Forest in one play scores with ease, receiver shakes off the safety easily. 14-31 into the half.

Smith takes the second half kick back 103yds for a TD. Maryland only down by 10 now 21-31. Terps then proceed to intercept. No good as they get cheapely picked off. Wake Forest has NO problems finding the endzone to make it 21-38. Both teams go 3 and out except WF tries to fake punt and FAIL HORRIBLY. get what they deserve lol.

Into the 4th and a comeback may be possible. Finally a redzone score and Maryland finds themselves once again within reach. 28-38. Wake Forest makes a FG and goes up 28-41. And of COURSE THE RECEIVER HAS NO AWARENESS....PICK 6! This one is over 28-48.

No stats are impressive enough to post, team played like absolute shit. Coach Masler nearly sliced his jugular with the nearest sharp object.

[​IMG]

Defensive Coach who will be fired after this season. Fat SOB...

9. Masler

Masler Moderator

Terps 28
    Virginia 45

Things started off very ugly as Virginia immediately took control. They were up 21 to nothing before I knew it. I manged to cut into the lead to make it 21-7. At halftime I was down 28-7. Before long it was 42-14, all hope was lost. But my defense finally made a couple of stands and forced a beautiful fumble. Nearing the last 3 min of the 4th quarter I was down 45-28. With a score it was possible to make a comeback. In the redzone, dropping back receiver open! NO! It's intercepted by the amazing deity MLB. I swear this MLB had my number all game long. He finished with 3. Terrible. That INT shattered all hopes of a comeback.

"Though we may have lost today, I have to say I see promise." commented Masler. "Next week is a new week." Bold words. Exactly why we named in the Rise. We have to fight to Rise up.

Stats and Highlights to come later.

10. Masler

Masler Moderator

Terps lose another, this time at the hands of a high powered Duke. Terps never had a chance from the beginning. They went down 21-0 before finally scoring 7 before the half. It never got any better as Duke bashed any hope of a bowl for Maryland.

11. Masler

Masler Moderator

Terps barely lose to Va Tech

The heavily favored Hokies head on the road to face the Terps in Week 11. The Terps have had an atrocious season as nothing has gone their way.

The game started out dull as both teams had multiple 3 and outs. Finally the Terps QB got hot and orchestrated a huge drive for a TD. Hokies make a good drive and score what appears to be a TD, but a challenge reverses this and they settle for 3. 7-3. End of 1st.

Terps tack on 3 to their lead. 10-3. Good defense forces a 3 and out, but loses starting MLB for 2 qtrs. But Va Tech's MLB forces a one handed jumps 20 feet in the air INT. Hokies take another FG. 10-6. Va Tech forces another INT as the Terps Qb gets hit as he passes...typical. They get the score and go up 13-10. With 1 second remaining the Terps find the endzone and take the lead. 17-13. End of half.

V Tech opens up with a fierce run game and scores. 17-20. Another pick thrown by Maryland, but their D holds and forces the Hokies to a FG, which they miss. Terps take the 3 and tie it up. 20-20. Defense holds true again and forces the Hokies to punt again. End of 3rd.

Hokies force a punt and score on another dangerous run game. 20-27. V Tech proceeds to pick 6. 20-34. Making this game looking like it wasn't as close as it really was. With 2 seconds left Maryland scores again. 27-34. If the onside kick is succesful they could have one last chance to send this to OT. They barely don't get it as V Tech cheaply wins and Maryland Fs up and loses another. Son of a B#!$%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stats even worth stating:

C. Turner 33/50, 421 yds, 3 TD

T. Smith 9 Rec, 142 yds

A. Cannon 6 Rec, 105 yds, 1 TD

12. Masler

Masler Moderator

#17 Florida State stunned by Terps

The depressing 1-9 Maryland Terps head into Bobby Bowden Stadium to face off against the Seminoles this week.

The game started off quick with Maryland scoring in 2 plays. Something we haven't seen all year long. 7-0. FSU scores on their opening drive with a strong rushing attack. 7-7. Terps proceed to take the kickoff for a TD. 14-7. FSU's run game is strong again as they tie it up. 14-14 to end the first.

FSU forces a punt but on 2nd down they give it up on an INT and to make things worse the Terps return the INT for a TD. 21-14. FSU is forced to punt on their next possession, Maryland as well. But the Terps down it inside the 5 and back the Seminoles up in their own endzone. They get out of the sticky situation but the half ends before they put up points. 21-14 to end the half.

Maryland forces a punt on the opening drive of the second half. So does FSU. Maryland almost gives up a 3rd down but Ponder gets sacked on the handoff. FSU settles for 3. 21-17. The Terps throw a pick on the next drive but their defense takes a pick of their own. Maryland's run game finally gets a jumpstart and they score a TD. 28-17. FSU has a horrible drive and they punt. 28-17 to end the third.

FSU's defense was non existant as Turner picked them apart and threw another TD. 35-17. Maryland forces another 4th down situation and they force a turnover as Ponder gets sacked (and injured). Terps have a good drive but settle with 3. 38-17 is the final.

Coach Masler commented after the game,"I know our season has been pretty dull, but if we were to beat anybody, it was going to be Florida State."

Box Score

Terps 14 7 7 10 38
    FSU 14 0 3 0 17

Notable Stats

C. Turner 9/16, 204 yds, 2 TD

D. Scott 21 Att, 116 yds, 1 TD

A. Cannon 5 Rec, 131 yds, 1 TD

T. Smith 196 All-purpose yds, 2 TD

J. Harrell 5 Tack, 2 TFL,1 INT, 13 INT yds, 1 INT TD

13. Masler

Masler Moderator

Terps kick off season with win

Maryland opens up the 2010 Season at home in Byrd Stadium. They are ready to do WAY better than last year. The Midshipmen of Navy are the visitors in today's seasoner opener and it is shaping up to be a great matchup.

Navy receives the kickoff and this season is underway! Navy drives down the field using a power option game until Senior linebacker Gloster forces a fumble and the other Senior linebacker Wujciak is right behind him to scoop it up 81 yards for the touchdown return (Highlight earned an A++). What a start! 7-0. Once again optioning like its their life Navy finds the endzone this time. 7-7. Marylands opening drive is picked off. Another here we go again feeling sets in..Navy has no problems finding the endzone. 7-14. Another terrible drive by the Terps. But Navy has turnover troubles as well, this time an INT, giving Maryland great field position. Terps find the endzone to make this a tie game. 14-14. End of the first.

Navy continues to option, even throwing a little Wildcat in the mix but their drive ends on a missed FG. Robinson breaks a tackle and QB rushes for 46 yards, not even a designed QB run. Terps regain the lead on the feet of Scott two plays later. 21-14. Terps force a punt as Navy's option game begins to fizzle out. Navy returns the favor. Navy's QB shows he is a formidable rusher but is quite horrible when it comes to throwing. End of half.

Maryland gets ball at half. They throw a little bit of their own option in their and Navy has a tough time stopping it. Scott pounds in another. 28-14. Navy cheeses their way to a TD again. Stupid option. 28-21. Scott runs in his 3rd. 35-21. End of the third.

Navy has the ball and get all the way within the 10 yd line and go 4 and out as the Terps make a red zone stand. Maryland just runs with the ball and time runs out. 35-21 Final.

Box Score

Navy 14 0 7 0 21
    Terps 14 7 14 0 35

Notable Stats

J. Robinson 9/18, 119 yds, 1 TD

D. Scott 40 Car, 199 yds, 3 TD

A. Wujciak 7 Tack, 1 TFL, 1 Fumb Rec, 1 TD

Maryland wins their opener and hosts Coach Emperorharry and his Miss St Bulldogs in Week 2.

14. Masler

Masler Moderator

Terps 7
    MSU 20

Miss St took an early 14-0 lead off a TD and then good field position after a pick. Terps managed to drive and get on the board to score their only points of the day. MSU only got two more FGs the rest of the game. Terps almost made a it a game, but they get picked off in the endzone and MSU caps off the day with a win.

GG emperor.

15. Masler

Masler Moderator

Terps pull off the upset

The NCSU Wolfpack comes to Byrd Stadium this week. Last Season the Terps fell to the Wolfpack, can they get payback? We'll see.

Wolfpack starts out with a 3 and out. Terps come out running and Scott finds the endzone. 7-0. Wolfpack shows their own rushing skills. 7-7. Terps are forced to punt and the punter downs it at the 1 yard line. NCSU manages to escape it and drive down to score a FG. 7-10.

Terps answer the FG with a kick return. 14-10. Terps force a punt. Terps miss the long FG. Wolfpack regains the lead before halftime. 14-17. WR Smith hauls in the Hail Mary, shakes off the corner, and goes for the TD. 21-17. NCSU tries to take the lead with 10 sec left but the QB gets sacked and fumbles. The fumble is then taken back to the house all thanks to DE Ross (Soph). 28-17. End of half.

Terps start off half going 3 and out but force a fumble the very next play. That's 3 for the day. Terps get picked off on the tip by a defensive lineman. NCSU finds the endzone. 28-24. Terps make the FG this time. 31-24. Terps defense stiffins and forces a 3 and out. End of 3rd.

Terps make another FG. 34-24. NCSU makes a drive and scores (i was distracted or i coulda picked it off). 34-31.Terps fumble and NCSU recovers. Wolfpack tries to tie the game with a FG but an icing from the Terps makes him miss. 34-31 Final.

After an impressive performance (with at least 4 recruits attending) Maryland seals the upset over the #25 NCSU Wolfpack. They are now 2-1(1-0). They play Wake Forest next week.

Box Score

NCSU 7 10 7 7 31
    Terps 7 21 3 3 34

Notable Stats:

J. Robinson 11/24, 169 yds, 1 TD

D. Scott 30 Att, 163 yds, 1 TD

T. Smith 2 Rec, 87 yds, 1 TD

I. Ross 1 Tack, 1 TFL, 1 Sack, 1 FF, 1 FR, 47 FR yds, 1 TD

Overall the defense forced 3 fumbles and recovered 2 of them. They got 3 sacks and no INT's

"I can already see a huge difference in this defense compared to last year," said an excited Coach Masler

16. Masler

Masler Moderator

Upset City!!​

Wake Forest comes into Byrd Stadium this week to face the Terps. Last season the Demon Deacons embarassed the Terps.

First play of the game the Terps pick off Wake Forest. Terps make a good drive but also get picked off. Terps force a fumble but can't recover. Wake Forest goes for it on a fake punt, does not cross the line yet still gets the first down. A challenge does not over turn the call. BULLSHIT. Wake Forest scores a bullshit touchdown on their bullshit drive. HA THEY MISS THE EXTRA POINT. ok, im calm now lol. 0-6. Terps get revenge on a long bomb pass. 7-6. Terps force a quick 3 and out. End of first.

Terps find the endzone through the air again. 14-6. Terps force another 3 and out thanks to the play of DT Francis. Terps barely make the FG, 17-6. Wake Forest calls the same play 3 times in a row and scores..cheesers. 17-13.

Halftime.

Cannon catches another huge pass and scores. 24-13. Francis makes another huge play that forces another 3 and out. On Play Action Cannon is once again wide open, touchdown. 31-13. Somehow getting sacked the WF Qb completes a pass for a TD, i've never seen such a glitchy team. WF intercepts the ball after a horrible pass and manage 3 out of it. 31-23. End of 3rd.

Scott, after a huge day of rushing, finally gets his own TD. 38-23. Francis records this 3rd sack on the following drive. Demon Deacons then throw a pick to the safety. WF scores on 4th down, getting hit, again. And get the 2 point. 38-31. Anticipating the onside kick Terps line up for it but WF kicks it deep allowing Logan to get a kick return. 45-31. WF makes it all the way down to the goal line and after two passes nearly picked off they attempt to run it in and get stuff short, Terps make a goal line stand. But now they are backed up against their own endzone, with a minute remaining. They get the first down and proceed to kneel on it. Final Score 45-31.

Terps Radio: "Wake Forest has scored a touchdown and converted the 2 point conversion. We had quite a kick return a moment ago but now the Deacons are in the redzone again. 4th down...runner to the outside...LINEBACKERS GOT 'EM!! TERPS FORCE A GOAL LINE STAND AND WIN!!!"

This is the second week in a row the now 3-1 Terps have defeated a ranked team and gotten an upset. After this win they are 3-1 (2-0) making them prime candidates to be in the rankings. They travel on the road next week to play ACC foe Virginia (User Game). Right now the Terps lead the ACC Atlantic Division.

"Such an improvement from last year. I can't ask much more from these fine players. They deserve this." commented Coach Masler.

Box Score

Wake 6 7 10 8 31
    Terps 7 10 14 14 45

Notable Stats:

J. Robinson 15/28, 311 yds, 4 TD

D. Scott 26 Car, 141 yds, 1 TD, 1 Rec, 3 yds

A. Cannon 6 Rec, 207 yds, 3 TD (Sorry...he was just wide open everytime to score got close, their defense couldn't cover him.)

T. Smith 6 Rec, 70 yds, 1 TD

A. Francis 12 Tack, 6 TFL, 3 Sack, 1 FF Masler's POTG

T. Logan 4 KR, 142 KR yds, 1 KR TD

Overall the defense came up with...4 sacks, 2 INT's, and 1 Fumble (Not Recovered by Terps). 5 Deflections were counted as well (3 which should have been INT's).

17. Masler

Masler Moderator

Terps 21

UVA 24

Maryland took an early lead after getting an INT on UVA's opening drive. UVA then proceeds to score 24 unanswered points. Terps defense make mistakes, dropping picks, missing tackles, etc etc. Only to have the Terps make later 4th quarter comeback with Robinson throwing two clutch TD's. With about 25 seconds remaining, the game glitchs and does not allow the Terps to kick the onside after scoring a late TD (it just selected a play for me) nor would it allow an audible. UVA sits on it and seals a win that was closer than they probably would have liked.

GG recchem, played well.

Notable Stats:

J. Robinson 20/33, 285 yds, 3 TD

D. Scott 15 Att, 96 yds

T. Smith 5 Rec, 121 yds 2 TD

A. Cannon 4 Rec, 67 yds, 1 TD

UVA Notable Player: J. Green 3 Rec, 100 yds, 2 TD (dude was damn near unstoppable).

Maryland is now 3-2 (2-1). Terps travel to Death Valley to face Clemson in a huge ACC matchup. If the Terps escape this one with a W, they pretty much anchor themselves to be a favorite for the ACC Champ game.

18. Masler

Masler Moderator

Terps (explicit) it up again

Terps 24
    Clem 35

Terps made it close until the Clemson HB went all the way on a long rush. Then the Terps kept themselves in it with a long kick return. The defense played well and forced punts and Maryland was aided by missed FGs. They could have made a comeback and by the way the D was playing could have won. BUT you can blame the receivers for breaking their routes. Each time I had a person open for big yardage or a 1st down it was instead picked off because 1) the receiver stopped running all together or 2) they just ran a completely diff route. Nice job guys, you probably lost us a big at the ACC Champ game.

"I'm highly embarassed by this, I don't train them to run routes their QB didn't tell them to run. I don't train them to let a defense manhandle us. I assure you it will be a long, but humane, week of practice," said an obviously stressed out Coach Masler.

Terps fall to 3-3 (2-2) and may no longer have a shot at the ACC Title unless Clemson loses 2 and the Terps win out the rest of the ACC games. Maryland rests next two weeks with Byes.

"Good we can reflect on how we (explicit)ed up today," a still steamed Coach said. "I don't want to come off these two Byes as soft as a field of daises. We play Florida State, their record may not reflect it, but they are still a good team."

Box Score

Team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th
    Terps 0 10 14 0 24
    Clem 7 21 7 0 35

Notable Stats:

J. Robinson 17/38, 301 yds, 2 TD, 5 INTS :mad:

L. Watson 6 Rec, 104 yds

A. Cannon 2 Rec, 97 yds, 1 TD

A. Wujciak 11 Tack, 1 TFL

19. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

lmao Bums

20. Masler

Masler Moderator

Terps continue to suck​

The Terps come off a double Bye Week stretch to take on Florida State at home. Last year the Terps bested the Seminoles at Bobby Bowden stadium, one of their only two wins. Let's see if this year is a repeat or FSU gets their revenge.

FSU takes the kickoff and goes 3 and out, pass rush was too much for them to handle. Terps get nothing going either. After a few 3 and outs and a missed FG, Maryland forces and recovers a fumble for a TD. BUT it's reviewd and overturned. Terps force a punt. No score after 1.

Terps are first to find the endzone. 7-0. Typical CPU to score in one play after you score. 7-7. Terps answer on 3rd down. 14-7. FSU scores shortly before the half to tie it up.

Halftime 14-14.

A completely Fed up play screws Marylands opening drive. TE lines up to receive and as soon as the snap he glitches into the backfield. FSU TD. 14-21. Terps throw a pick and FSU has no trouble finding the endzone. 14-28. Following drive Terps throw another pick this time a pick 6. 14-35. End of third.

Terps make two scoring drives to come within 7. 28-35. Terps force a fumble and get great field position. As they try to run it in the Terps get more bad luck and turn it over again on a fumble. FSU cheeses instead of kneeling on it and throws another TD. 28-42. Terps have an opportunity to score and at least lose by 7, have someone wide open BUT OF COURSE THE DT JUMPS UP AND KNOCKS IT DOWN.

Coach Comments: "F**K my team right now!! TWO WEEKS TO GET READY FOR THIS AND THEY PLAY WITH THEIR HEADS IN THEIR A**ES!! WE HAD THEM BY THE NADS!! AND LOOK WHAT HAPPENS..."...Coach was removed from the conference and taken somewhere quiet so he could cool down.

Terps fall to 3-4 (2-3). Any hopes of being ACC Champs are OVER. They'll be lucky to make a bowl this year. They host Duke next week.

Box Score

T
    eam 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final
    FSU 0 14 21 7 42
    Terps 0 14 0 14 28

Notable/Crap Stats

J. Robinson 15/42, 341 yds, 4 TD, 3 F-ING PICKS

D. Scott 19 Att, 82 yds

A. Cannon 5 Rec, 146 yds, 2 TD

T. Smith 3 Rec, 125 yds, 1 TD

21. Masler

Masler Moderator

Terps bounce back from losing streak​

Duke 21

Terps 52

After losing 3 straight games, the Terps finally bounce back at home and punish the Duke Bluedevils. They had very little troubles on offense, not punting once. Duke got on the board a couple of times but just had no luck otherwise. Terps face off at Miami next week in a tough ACC matchup.

Terps are now 4-4 (3-3). After next week they should jump NC State and Wake Forest because they beat them both. If Florida State loses to either NC State or Clemson and the Terps win out, they have a chance at the ACC Champ Game.

Coach Comments: "I was very frustrated last week and after reevalutaing alot of things and seeing todays big win, I have alot of confidence in my team now. They proved to me we are winners. And when we win, we win BIG."

QB Robinson had this to say: "We let Coach down last week, some of us are hurt by his comments last week, but we all agree we deserve them. There is no excuse for having two weeks to prepare and then end up losing, especially at home. So this week I lead our team, along with a couple other, to victory. And all I can say is Miami...here we come. Go Terps!!!"

Box Score

Duke 7 0 0 14 21
    Terps 21 7 7 17 52

Notable Stats:

J. Robinson 15/20, 354 yds, 3 Td, 43 yds, 1 TD

D. Scott 27 Att, 144 yds, 3 TD

L. Watson 5 Rec, 158 yds, 1 TD

A. Cannon 3 Rec, 123 yds, 1 TD

T. Smith 3 Rec, 39 yds, 1 TD

Defense didn't shine today but just held Duke in their place, nothing wrong with that.

22. Masler

Masler Moderator

Terps lose 16-35. Went down 0-14 withing 10 seconds. Miami had scored then the idiot muffs the punt and flaps around on the ground uselessly. Offensive line blocks..wait not they don't. QB had no protection and had to scramble for his life. Running game was non existant because once again the line sat with their thumbs up their asses. Maryland's hopes of an ACC Champ, the first in years, would come true but NO, Miami crushes them horribly. FSU wins my side of the division most likely from a tie breaker. They have to win out to make a bowl this year...not likely.

Coach Comments: "Guess these girls didn't want it. Just a conference championship right? I saw no heart on that field today, just some Grade A (expletive)heads. Duke was a pushover and of course we won, my team got cocky and look what happened. Are any teams looking for a good coach? Any one?"

Somehow I ended up with 11 games. Didn't notice til right now. F-ed up my own schedule. I need to pay more attention to it next year.

23. Masler

Masler Moderator

After heading to Texas to take on the Red Raiders, The Terps find another loss on their hands. The offense could hardly get anything to work. They lost to ball on two crucial turnovers, the fumble was not able to be reviewed as the Coach's Challenge was not available. Then right near the end they lose a fumble on a kick return, even though I hit y for the fair catch about 5 times, yet the button didn't respond. Probably wouldn't have helped anyway. Althought the backup QB did make an impressive pass right at the end and miss the 2pt conversion. Due to a scheduling error, this will be their last game of the season. They lose 16-28.

GG tmac.

Coach Comment: "I'm not proud of this season. We did better than the last, but it was still nothing to smile at. I'm still on contract for another year and the Athletic Dept. here at Maryland has agreed to keep me for the full length. If we don't make it a good season next year, looks like I'm out of a job. We have some major adjustments to make. See everyone next year."

Yes, the Terps season was quite troubled. Many times did they see a lead slip from their hand. They finish at a depressing 4-7 (3-5), after starting 3-1 too. The only hope for next year is a good offseason and that the players progress good.

24. Masler

Masler Moderator

After heading to Texas to take on the Red Raiders, The Terps find another loss on their hands. The offense could hardly get anything to work. They lost to ball on two crucial turnovers, the fumble was not able to be reviewed as the Coach's Challenge was not available. Then right near the end they lose a fumble on a kick return, even though I hit y for the fair catch about 5 times, yet the button didn't respond. Probably wouldn't have helped anyway. Althought the backup QB did make an impressive pass right at the end and miss the 2pt conversion. Due to a scheduling error, this will be their last game of the season. They lose 16-28.

GG tmac.

Coach Comment: "I'm not proud of this season. We did better than the last, but it was still nothing to smile at. I'm still on contract for another year and the Athletic Dept. here at Maryland has agreed to keep me for the full length. If we don't make it a good season next year, looks like I'm out of a job. We have some major adjustments to make. See everyone next year."

Yes, the Terps season was quite troubled. Many times did they see a lead slip from their hand. They finish at a depressing 4-7 (3-5), after starting 3-1 too. The only hope for next year is a good offseason and that the players progress good.

25. Masler

Masler Moderator

Terps win opener vs Washington

The Terps kicked off the 2011 season with a "W". Hosting Coach Recchem and his Washingont Huskies. Maryland received first but missed an easy fieldgoal. Moments later though Sophomore MLB Byrd picks it off and takes it to the house giving Maryland a 7 point lead. Coming to the end of the second half Washington is once again knocking on the door of redzone, down 17-3, attempting to cut the lead in half. No luck as they get intercepted again by the Junior(RS) ROLB DiSanzio.

After the half Coach Recchem must have inspired his team in the locker room because they scored 14 unanswered points going into the 4th quarter. The two teams traded TD's to make the score an even 24 a piece. The Terps finally get a passing TD to the phenominal TE Watson, he caught 6 passes on the day. Maryland goes up 31-24 and the Huskies literally take it down to the last second, throwing into the endzone only to have the receiver drop it and for time to expire. Terps walk away victorious 31-24.

Terps start off 1-0 and will open up ACC play by hosting Clemson Week 2. Clemson embarassed the Terps last year, so this team is definetely looking for revenge.

Coach Comments: "What a game to open up the season! I'm proud of my team! Good Game to Coach Recchem, his team fought hard to tie it up. Good Luck with their season!"

There was a smile on his face we haven't seen for quite some time.

Box Score

Wash 3 0 7 14 24
    Terps 7 10 0 14 31

Notable Stats:

J. Robinson 23/32, 333 yds, 1 TD

D. Meggett 20 Att, 65 yds, 2 TD

L. Watson 6 Rec, 94 yds, 1 TD

T. Logan 4 Rec, 71 yds

Q. McCree 3 Rec, 46 yds

N. Byrd 11 Tack, 1 TFL, 1 INT, 28 INT yds, 1 INT TD