2011 Top 10 Recruits

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Ceewo, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

[​IMG]

I plan on tracking the recruiting battles for the top 10 recruits each season. I am open for suggestions, so if you have any ideas please pass them my way.

The inaugural class is not a very diversified class. This class contains 5 WR, 2 HB, and 3 ATH. Two of the athletes will likely end up as WR as well, bringing the total to 7 WR in the top 10. The other ATH will likely play as a DB. Texas is listed as a top 5 school on 9 or the 10 prospects. They could be poised for monster recruiting classes again in NCAA 2012. User controlled teams LSU, Alabama, Florida, Oregon, and Ohio State all appear on at least 5 of the recruits top 5 lists. Boise State and Michigan are trying to prove they belong with the bigger schools and both are listed once. 5 of the recruits have at least 3 users in their top 5. Hopefully this means we will see some competitive recruiting battles. My big fear is that limiting the 5 stars recruiting to 3 per team may reduce the battle as teams have to be more selective over the recruits they choose. Bring on NCAA 2012!

• Like Like x 2
  2. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    Nice Job man

3. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

awesome work.

I am glad Michigan already has some pull but I don't like the fact that I have no big time defensive players interested, that is my top need.

4. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    Oregon St will be lucky to get any 3 star guys

5. Hova

haha you will get plenty of those

6. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Week 2 Update

1. HB Tony Jones - Jones recieved scholarship offers from Texas and Alabama. Bama looks to have the edge early on.

2. ATH Nick James - James recieved a week 1 offer from his hometown team and wasted little time. Nick will be an offensive threat for Coach Cnic in the near future.

3. WR Adam Mixon - The New Hampshire native appears to have narrowed his choice to two teams, Alabama and Ohio State. Alabama offered week 1 and has the early lead.

4. HB Brandon Thomas - Another kid decides to stay home for college. Brandon signs quickly with the Longhorns.

5. ATH E.J. Turner - Cnic is wasting little time in locking up the athletes in the NW portion of the country. Turner has listed Oregon as a strong candidate after receiving an offer from the Ducks.

6. ATH Eddie Smith - This is shaping up to be a user battle for the athlete from IL. Oregon loves them some ATH it appears. Florida also made Eddie an offer and hope to hold of the Ducks and keep him on this side of the Mississippi River.

7. WR Justin Johnson - Justin is feeling left out and was the only Top 10 player not to receive an offer. His top 5 remained unchanged.

8. WR Terry Harrison - LSU offered Terry in week 1 and leapfrogged Texas. Texas is still not far behind and could get back in this quickly.

9. WR Tom Lindsay - Similar to Terry, Tom has Texas and LSU as his top schools. LSU offered and is leading at this point. The Tigers are looking to solidify the WR position for the next few years.

10. WR Robert Felder - Robert is a little miffed at the hometown Wolverines not offering a scholarship. He may just jump ship and play for rival Ohio State. Robert also recieved an offer from Auburn.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Hova

Not alot of great players in the top 10. All of the WRs are undersized and most of the HBs lack top end speed.

8. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Ya, Eddie Smith is probably the best of the bunch, but he's still not spectacular for a 5 star corner.

Bryce Glover and Chris Woods are probably the best 5 stars this year.

9. FacePlant City

FacePlant City FacePlant City

This makes me feel better about possibly only attaining 3-star players for the rest of my Washington career. ;-)

10. Hova

That damn safety that Ohio St got was a monster

11. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

I'm loaded at safety already, but I didn't want to see that guy in a scUM uniform.

12. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Week 3 Update

HB Tony Jones - Alabama really closed some ground on the favorite Texas. This is a now a clear two team race.

WR Adam Mixon - Ohio State made an offer, but it may be too late. Alabama still pulled away despite the OSU offer.

ATH E.J. Turner - Oregon looks to be well in the lead for Turner

ATH Eddie Smith - Florida and Oregon remain neck and neck with the Gators gaining slightly. This one is still anyones race.

WR Justin Johnson - Johnson finally recieves an offer from the Sooners.

WR Terry Harrison - Not much movemont. LSU doubled their lead on Texas.

WR Tom Lindsay - Possible character issues? LSU withdrew their offer leaving the prospect wondering what his future holds.

WR Robert Felder - Auburn has a great week and gets a large jump on the Buckeyes

13. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

I guess I fell behind with the quick pace.

Week 9 Update

HB Tony Jones - Texas lands the another Top 10 HB and top overall prospect Tony Jones. We will see if the Longhorns can utilize both backs.

WR Adam Mixon - As expected Mixon will bring his talents to the SEC and play for #1 Alabama

ATH E.J. Turner - I have no idea what E.J. is waiting on. He wants to play for Oregon, and the Ducks are the only team with an offer. He may be a slacker of the week candidate.

ATH Eddie Smith - Eddie could not decide between Oregon and Florida. The differance was probably the visits with both Schools. The Ducks lost when he was in town and this likely cost the the future CB.

WR Justin Johnson - Justin got his offer from Oklahoma last update and has decide to join them.

WR Terry Harrison - LSU once again rescended an offer to a top 10 WR. Recruits may start to take notice of the trend and ignore LSU in the future. Alabama has heard about this and immediatley offered Harrison.

WR Tom Lindsay - This is the guy no one wants. Maybe a smaller school could sneak up and grab this talent possession receiver.

WR Robert Felder - Auburn decided to back out on Felder for whatever reason. Ohio State is closing the gap and wants Robert in the Big Ten.

14. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

Turner didn't really want to play for the Ducks. He waited too long to commit and missed out. Oregon has filled it's allotment of 5 star prospects for the season.

15. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Alabama's had him offered for a couple weeks I think. I don't remember offering Lindsay. :( Harrison waited too long to sign, so he missed his chance to play for the Tigers.