2011 USER vs USER Recaps and Discussion

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by The Richuation, Nov 20, 2010.

1. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Lets make this thread the central discussion on USER vs USER games and any rivalry chatter that we build throughout the year.

My first USER team observation... Alabama is loaded... look out.

2. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

that sucks, lol.

Bama was tough enough in SEC title last year

3. Gyrene76

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]Georgia:42 || [​IMG]Michigan:38
    [​IMG]
    First Quarter
    04:16 TD Georgia Aaron Murray QB #11 9 yard rush
    01:00 TD Michigan Martavious Odoms WR #9 32 yard pass from Denard Robinson QB #16
    Second Quarter
    07:58 TD Georgia Caleb King HB #4 1 yard rush
    01:47 FG Michigan Will Hagerup P #43 31 yard field goal
    00:54 TD Georgia Orson Charles TE #7 25 yard pass from Hutson Mason QB #14
    00:03 TD Michigan Michael Shaw HB #20 4 yard pass from Denard Robinson QB #16
    Third Quarter
    06:31 TD Georgia Tavarres King WR #12 45 yard pass from Aaron Murray QB #11
    03:04 TD Michigan Fitzgerald Toussaint HB #28 3 yard rush
    Forth Quarter
    03:55 TD Michigan Denard Robinson QB #16 10 yard rush
    02:28 TD Michigan Denard Robinson QB #16 46 yard rush
    02:00 TD Georgia AJ Green WR #8 21 yard pass from Aaron Murray QB #11
    01:23 TD Georgia Tavarres King WR #12 68 yard pass from Aaron Murray QB #11
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    1st Downs 18 || 36
    3rd down efficiency 83.33 || 66.67
    4th down efficiency 0 || 100
    Total Yards 706 || 556
    Passing 434 || 357
    Completion Attempts 16 - 25 || 21 - 32
    Yards Per Pass 17.36 || 11.16
    Rushing Attempts 16 || 38
    Yards Per Rush 8.94 || 3.26
    Turnovers 3 || 1
    Fumbles Lost 0 || 0
    Interceptions Thrown 3 || 1
    Possession 12:28 || 19:32

4. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

[​IMG]

Outclassed

The 2011 Michigan Wolverines had a major opportunity to show the nation that this is a new year and a new team after a dismal 2010 5-7 campaign. Traveling down to #5 Georgia and getting a win would have been a giant step toward that goal. Up 10 points with just over two minutes to go, all was well in Michigan nation. However, Aaron Murphy threw 2 TDs int he last two minutes to take control of the game for good. Even then, with less than a minute to go Denard Roninson gave up Michigan's first turnover of the day with a fatal interception.

However, Denard Robinson may have been the reason Michigan was still in the game with his 357 yards passing, 88 rushing, and 4 Total TDs.

Life doesn't get any easier for Michigan with a matchup next week vs Alabama.

5. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Good game man... You kept me honest the whole game.

6. Gyrene76

You played a great game buddy. I threw way more picks than I normally do. Good defensive scheme

7. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

[​IMG]

Overpowered

All three Michigan QBs threw INTs against #1 Alabama and were unable to make up the difference. Powered by a rough running game, Alabama played solid D and ran the ball in an easy win for the Tide. Passing game couldn't get moving for Michigan and the running game was no better. The clock couldn't move fast enough for the Wolverines.

8. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

9. Gyrene76

Well,

Brian is fairly new to user games. He was under the impression that it was literally simmed when he though sim play. He played well with Florida, but was able to make him one-dimensional that led to 5 turnovers.

I talked to him the whole time. Really chill guy and I hope he stays around.

10. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Ok, thanks for the update. Sorry Brian, I guess I didn't clarify "sim" as a style rather than literally simming.

11. Gyrene76

Yeah, I actually was a little confused about the term sim when I first started researching TF.

12. Brian202202

Brian202202 Walk On

Well florida got killed by georgia in the first game without urban meyer lol and many wonder if the new staff is already considering retirement. The new Florida coach Brian Brianton was very frustrated throughout by seemingly freak fumbles, interceptions, etc. The team played sloppy on offense and had no answers on defense.

13. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Don't worry, Gyrene was a NCAA 11 beta tester...

14. Brian202202

Brian202202 Walk On

We were definitely tested lol

15. Gyrene76

Good stuff man...it was just a freak game. It can only get better Brian!

haha, I don't know about that now :)

16. Brian202202

Brian202202 Walk On

lmao didn't say it was a freak game said there were freak fumbles... freak fumbles may very well be normative in games lol but it can definitely only get better

17. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

[​IMG]
    For some reason I'm having a hard time deciding who I want to win...

Ohio State vs Michigan Preview

After Ohio State's loss vs Iowa, we now have a OSU-Michigan game with the most at stake since 2007. The #20 7-3 Wolverines will travel to the Shoe to take on the #8 Buckeyes. The winner will have the fast track to the Rose Bowl and would mostly like be the 2012 Big Ten favorite. Lets take a look at some key matchups:

Denard Robinson vs Ohio State Defense

Denard has struggled in the passing game this year but has kept the offense moving on the ground. His decision making will need to sharp as this is the most athletic secondary he has faced all year. His speed, while explosive, will be minimalized by star DE Nathan Williams and LBs Sabino and Sweat. Not to mention Ohio State will have Big John Simon anchoring the defensive line at DT. The pass rush will be fierce and holes narrow. It will be key that Denard hits the corner on options and gets rid of the ball quickly and accurately int he passing game. Edge: Ohio State

Dan Herron vs Michiagn Defense

Herron is already over 1000 yards on the year and has been the key to Ohio States attack. After Terrell Pryor left early for the NFL, it has put the Ohio State passing game is a year of transition. The Buckeyes will rely on Herron and an intimidating offensive line featuring JB Shugarts, Marcus Hall, Mike Adams, and Michael Brewster, all of which will be playing on Sundays in the future. However, to offset this is two of Michigans best players, DE Craig Roh and DT Mike Martin. These two will be disruptive in the passing game and stong against the run. Edge: Ohio State

Michigan will win if:

If they win the turnover battle and Denard makes some highlight level plays to dent this defense. He will be aided by WRs Darrel Stonum and RB Michael Shaw. WR Roy Roundtree has been known to make some plays in the passing and running game. But make no mistake, this game falls squarely on Denard Robinson's shoulders.

Ohio State will win if:

They play their game. The overall talent level is is superb to Michigan's and should be able to control the line of scrimmage. Between the running game and forcing Denard into making rash decisions, Ohio State should roll to another Big Ten title and Rose Bowl invite.

18. Gyrene76

This will be crazy interesting. Excellent write up, I'm curious to see who wins and not even in the Big Ten

19. williatr

williatr Walk On

Wow this is amazing Rich....the pics not to bad either.

20. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Its funny what a google image search of Michigan Ohio State turns up

21. Brian202202

Brian202202 Walk On

No offense other guy but GO BLUE!

22. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Rich is 1-0 against me from our game over in The Rise when I was still over there, so I owe him payback ;) Should definitely be an interesting game. Wyatt is on a short leash as the starting QB due to his extreme inconsistency (such as 1/10 with a pick and a fumble last week). It should definitely be an interesting game though, I have a feeling Denard is gonna be tough to stop.

23. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Really? I was Stanford... what team were you?

24. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

25. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Ah thats right.