2011 USF Bulls

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by mcGriffLe, Jan 12, 2010.

1. mcGriffLe

mcGriffLe Walk On

2010 USF Bulls

Here is how the schedule breaks down this year. I think I got hosed on the user games this year as all 4 of mine are on the road. I have 7 road games and only 5 home games.

Week 1: @ Vanderbilt (USER) W 49-48 OT
    Week 2: Florida L 39-42
    Week 3: Bye
    Week 4: @ Louisville (Big East) W 38-20
    Week 5: @ Notre Dame W 39-36
    Week 6: Bye
    Week 7: Pittsburgh (Big East)
    Week 8: @ West Virginia (Big East)
    Week 9: Bye
    Week 10: Rutgers (Big East)
    Week 11: Syracuse (Big East)
    Week 12: @ Cincinnati (Big East)
    Week 13: Connecticut (Big East)
    Week 14: @ Minnesota (USER)
    Week 15: @ UCLA (USER)

So far on the year the Bulls are 3-1 and 1-0 in the Big East.

2. mcGriffLe

mcGriffLe Walk On

Bulls travel to Vandy and come away with a win!

USF Bulls 49 Vanderbilt Commodores 48

The Bulls headed to Vandy this weekend to take on the #21 Commodores. The Bulls came in ranked #9. USF got the scoring started with a 3 yard run by A. Samuels and the first quarter ended 7-0.

Vandy answered quickly with 2 scores of there own. A 30 yard pass from L. Smith to T. JeffersHarris 7-7 and a 54 yard run by W. Norman 7-14, following freshman QB Eric Butlers first career interception. Butler would show some heart though as he found S. Griffin for 17 yards out to tie the game at 14-14. Vandy would punch it in again with just 54 seconds to go to retake the leade 14-21. Butler lead them on a great drive and with 6 seconds to go and 3rd and goal from the 2 with 0 timeouts left Coach McGriffLe decided to go for the TD and not the FG. The results worked as Samuels scored his 2nd TD of the half to tie it at 21-21.

Vandy took the opening kickoff of the 2nd half and punched it in with a 30 yard run by L. Smith. 21-28. USF would answer with a TD run of there own by FB R. Kelly. 28-28 after 3 quarters.

Following SS Jenkins INT the Bulls would score on a 53 yard pass from Bulter to A. Love 35-28. Vandy would runt he KO back 102 yards to tie the game at 35-35. Butler made a costly error though throwing a pick the was returned 61 yards for a TD 35-42. Butler would make up for it leading the Bulls on another drive and capped it off with a 9 yard pass to Griffin. 42-42 at the end of regulation.

In OT the Commodores won the toss and decided to play defense. The Bulls took there time and punched in a TD on the legs of A. Samuel from 3 yards out. 49-42. Vandy wasted little time scoring a TD of there own by L. Smith from 16 yards out on there 2nd play of OT. Coach BillyD1esel decided that since it was so easy to score the TD he would go for 2 and the victory. Well QB L. Smith was stuffed at the 1/2" yard line and the Bulls came out with the win 49-48.

USF Player Of The Game - Eric Butler 31 of 40, 470 Yards, 3 TD's, 2 INT's.
    Vandy Player Of The Game - L. Smith 2 of 7, 94 Yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 17 Carries, 98 Yards, 2 TD's

3. billyd1esel

billyd1esel Walk On

Was a heck of a game Griff. I HAD to go for 2, lol, it seemed neither of our Defenses were playing great. Might as well go for it then, ya know. Was about a foot short too, really sucked.

4. mcGriffLe

mcGriffLe Walk On

I would have kicked it and played another OT.

5. billyd1esel

billyd1esel Walk On

Eh I don't regret it, was fun though

6. mcGriffLe

mcGriffLe Walk On

Bulls Fall to Florida At Home

USF 39 Florida 42

The USF Bulls fell to the Gators on Saturday 39-42. USF got the scoring started with a 5 yard TD strike from Butler to TE Ketchel 7-0. UF would answer with a 42 yard TD pass from Brantley to Debose 7-7. USF would add a later first quarter FG by Bonani to take a 10-7 lead after 1.

Florida would take control in the 2nd with another TD pass to Debose 10-14. M. Wright would run a fumble back for a TD from 28 yards to make the UF lead 10-21. Following a USF interception that went through the WR hands, UF would pass for another TD this one to O. Hines. 10-28. USF would get back on the scoreboard with a 7 yard pass to A. Love and go for 2 points and convert 18-28 at the half.

The 3rd quarter started and the Bulls got the ball. A. Samuel would score from 4 yards out to cut the Florida lead to 25-28. Brantley would find Hines again, this one from 8 yards out to extend the lead back to 10, 25-35. USF would score again before the end of the quarter on FB R. Kelly 3 yard run 32-35 after 3.

USF would intercept Brantley and run it back to the UF 30. But a holding call and 3 dropped passes forced a 4th and 18 from the 48. With Corso wanting to go for it, Coach McGriffLe played it safe and punted. The ball hit the Gunner and just barely touched the goal line for a touchback. Florida would drive 80 yards to regain a 10 point lead after Brantley found TE A. Hernandez from 20 yards out 32-42. USF would score with 58 seconds left to cut the lead back to 3 @ 39-42 but the ensuing onside kick was not good. Final score USF 39 Florida 42.

USF Player Of The Game - Eric Butler 23 of 37, 318 Yards, 3 TD's, 1 INT
    Florida Player Of The Game - Jeff Brantley 27 of 37, 461 Yards, 5 TD's, 2 INT's

7. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Holy shit I can't believe you only lost to stacked florida team by 3! Good luck the rest of the season, well except when we play

8. mcGriffLe

mcGriffLe Walk On

Sad thing is I should have won. The computer doesn't make me fumble with conservative ball carrier on and that INT going through my WR hands, thats 14 points for Florida and maybe 0 for me but the still puts me over the top.

9. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

You played them better than any USF team could in real life lol

10. mcGriffLe

mcGriffLe Walk On

USF Downs Louisville

USF 38 Louisville 20

The Bulls of South Florida took down Louisville in there house 38-20 this past week. This was the Big East opener for both teams and the Bulls started off quick in the first quarter. The Bulls won the toss and kicked it deep. Louisville was putting together and impressive drive until MLB S. Joseph picked off the Cardinal QB and ran it back 70 yards to the house to make it 7-0. Following another Louisville turnover A. Samuels plunged in from a yard out to make it 14-0. The Bulls would add 1 final TD before the quarter ended as E. Butler found C. Mitchell from 19 yards out to end the scoring 21-0.

UL got on the scoreboard in the 2nd quarter as V. Anderson ran in from 2 yards out to make it 21-7. USF wasted little time when the got the ball as Butler found D. Bogan wide open down the sideline for a TD 28-7.

The Bulls got the ball to start the 3rd quarter and scored again. This time on a Butler pass to A. Love from 12 yards out. 35-7. Louisville would score on a TD pass of there own as J. Burke found J. Chinchester on a 17 yard strike. 35-14.

The Bulls kicked a 36 yard FG by M. Bonani to extend the lead to 38-14 with 5 minutes left in the game. UL would add a Burke TD run but miss the 2 pt conversion. The Bulls ran out the rest of the clock. Final score 38-20 Bulls.

USF Player Of The Game - Eric Butler 11 of 15, 231 Yards, 3 TD's
    UL Player Of The Game - V. Anderson 23 Carries, 73 Yards, 1 TD

11. mcGriffLe

mcGriffLe Walk On

USF Comes Back From 22 Down to Beat ND

USF 39 Notre Dame 36

USF won a wild one in South Bend with a 39-36 come from behind victory of ND. Here is how it all went down. USF was rolling early, stopping ND on ther first drive and capping off there own 12 play drive with a 13 yard TD pass from E. Butler to A. Love 7-0 Bulls after one.

ND had there way with USF in the 2nd. A. Allen caught a J. Clausen TD pass from 14 yards out to tie it at 7-7. Butler then fell apart throwing his first of 4 INT's and first of 3 to be returned for TD's. 3 were not his fault since the computer was making 1 handed int's. McDonald returned the first for a TD 7-14 and Fleming returned the 2nd for a TD. On the XP try I almost blocked the XP but the Holder tucked it and ran it for 2. 7-22. Butler found Love on the next series but Love fumbled it into the endzone for a touchback. Clausen would find G. Tate on a 35 yard corner route 7-29. Butler would rally and find Love for a 10 yard score and USF got the 2pt conversion 15-29 at half.

USF couldn't do anything on there first possession of the 2nd half and ND was driving down the field until CB K. Webster picked off Clausen and took it 102 yards for a TD to cut the lead to 22-29. USF forced ND to punt but Butler threw his 4th pick to M. Teo who caught it behind him with one hand and ran it back 41 yards. 22-36 ND.

Butler who was injured on the int toss couldn't play so BJ Daniels stepped in and took the option keeper in from 7 yards to cut the lead to 29-36. After the teams traded some punts, USF scampered in with A. Samuels from 3 yards out to tie the game at 36-36. Clausen would throw his 2nd INT to Webster and USF ran the clock down to 2 seconds and called TO to set up a 30 yard FG. ND called 3 timeouts in a row (which is a penalty) and Bonani kicked the game winning field goal as time expired to give USF the win on the road in South Bend 39-36.

USF Player Of The Game - K. Webster 3 Tackles, 2 INT's, 1 TD
    Notre Dame Player Of The Game - H. Smith 18 Tackles, 1 Defl, 1 FF

12. billyd1esel

billyd1esel Walk On

Sounds fun! Don't you love the games where it just seems the CPU isn't going to let you get away with a win?

13. Masler

Masler Moderator

nice win. took out notre dame from getting too dangerous

14. billyd1esel

billyd1esel Walk On

Recruiting isn't looking too hot for Vandy. Aimed at a few 5 star recruits, and thought I stood a chance, though other teams are jumping up pretty quick.

15. Masler

Masler Moderator

i'm in a dead heat with UCLA for like two of them.

16. mcGriffLe

mcGriffLe Walk On

Why is this in my game summary thread?

17. mcGriffLe

mcGriffLe Walk On

USF 43 Pitt 15

USF 45 Pitt 15

The USF Bulls took out #7 Pitt 45-13. The game was much closer than the final score indicated. USF struck first in the opening quarter with a 45 yard pass from Eric Butler. to D. Bogan. 7-0 after 1.

Scoring was fast and furious in the 2nd as the Bulls picked up a safety to make it 9-0. Pitt would nail a 55 yard FG to cut the lead to 9-3. Following a USF INT, Pitt would score on a 20 yard TD pass from T. Sunseri to M. Shanahan to take a 9-10 lead. Butler found Bogan again this one on a 74 yard streak route down the sideline. But the 2pt conversion attempt was intercepted and taken back for 2 for Pitt. 15-12. The Bulls would score one more time before the end of the quarter as Butler found A. Love on a 19 yard strike to make it 22-12 Bulls at the half.

On the Bulls first play from scrimmage in the 2nd half A. Samuels broke a 58 yard run to extend the lead to 29-12. Pitt would add a 29 yard FG to cut the lead to 29-15.

The scoring stopped until 2 minutes to go in the game when FB R. Kelly plunged in from a yard out to make it 36-15. Pitt moved quickly to the redzone but Sunseri was picked off by K. Webster and he ran it back 100 yards to ice the game 43-15.

USF Player Of The Game - D. Bogan 4 Catches, 162 Yards, 2 TD's
    Pittsburgh Player Of The Game - D. Decicco 9 Tackles, 1 TFL, 1 INT, 1 FF

18. mcGriffLe

mcGriffLe Walk On

USF 30 WVU 10

USF 30 WVU 10

USF takes out WVU 30-10. USF had 2 costly turnover in the first half but held strong the rest of the game to pull out the victory. USF scored first with a 29 yard pass from E. Butler to A. Love. 7-0. WVU struck back with an 88 yard pick 6 by R. Sands. 7-7 after 1.

Following another USF pick WVY added a 50 yard FG to take a 7-10 lead. USF would add 2 FG's of there own to tie take a 13-10 lead into the half.

USF took the 2nd half kickoff and pounded the ball down the field and scored on a 14 yard TD run from M. Ford. 20-10. Following a WVU punt USF found the endzone again this time on a E. Butler found C. Mitchell on a 45 yard strike to extend the lead to 27-10.

USF added a late field goal to end the game 30-10.

USF Player Of The Game - E. Butler 17-26, 259 Yards, 2 TD's, 2 INT's 7 Carries 43 Yards
    WVU Player Of The Game - R. Sands 9 Tackles, 1 INT, 1 TD